I feel horrible because I have been so absent on commenting lately. I've totally been reading and following along with each of you, but the last few days have been a bit hectic around the house. No excuses are good, but I'm hoping that things settle down soon. Brynn had her 6 month appointment today and she got things a bit more settled with the cardiologist appointment. She weighed in at 11 pounds 7 ounces. Not quite on the growth chart but close. So less than the 3rd percent. Hmmm. I thought it was a bit more than that. Height was 26 inches. 70th percentile. Basically one long skinny kid, Lol! For the amount that the kiddo eats I'm shocked that she doesn't weigh more, but I'm trying not to obsess over things. She's happy and active and that's all that matters. She flashes me the biggest smile and all seems right in the world.
I talked with the cardiologist at the major hospital medical center near us and they would like to see her while she has her echocardiogram. So basically we've put off her appointment until next Wednesday because it allow us to have her cardiologist present at her echocardiogram. He can then read it while it's being done and he will also do an EKG and read it at the time also. If her heart function is depressed at all she'll be started on Digoxin or a similar medication to help her heart function. Her pediatrician watched her feed today and confirmed what I had been talking about with her lips turning blue as well as her hands and feet. She also heard a heart murmer on the 2nd intercostal space which may actually signify her having not only a VSD, but an ASD as well. F me....F-ck me. Please oh please let our little girl be okay. I'm so worried about her. Gosh I just want her to be okay. I just wish that any lab draw or test could be done on me and not her. She's done nothing to deserve all of this and I just want her to be okay. She is the reason that I want to get up in the morning and the reason that I do everything during the day. She is my light and my hope and the thoughts of all things good. I am blessed to be able to call myself her mother. Little girl I love you so much. Three years ago I dreamed of you, wished and hoped for the day that I would have someone to love and call my own. Then came you. We thought we were going to lose you so many steps along the way. But if you can survive a life threatening undiagnosed vasa previa so then this is small peanuts. You're a fighter and if anyone can get through this I know you can!
But if you don't mind...please keep her in your thoughts and spread along the request along the way. It is so appreciated!
51 comments:
I will keep her in my thoughts. She WILL be ok.
I will be praying...I'll have my homegroup praying for her, as well. I can only imagine how hard this is for you and your husband. Don't forget, she has always been a little fighter and she is in God's hands. He will take care of her. I have no doubt.
((hugs & love))
I'm preying too. Sara any chance you could do up a "Prayer for Brynn" button? I'd out it on my sidebar. xxx
Sending positive energy your way. You must be so scared, but it sounds like you've got a good medical support team working with you, so your in good hands. So you can just focus on your beautiful little girl until you know for sure what the issues are(easier said than done I know!!)
I think this is a good enough excuse not to be commenting on blogs. Saying lots of prayers for this beautiful lil girl and your beautiful mind. I cannot imagine how hard this is for you. All my love and support!
Oh, Sara, I am so sorry that you and Brynn have to go through this. I will keep your beautiful daughter in my best thoughts and prayers. She is in the best care of course, her Mommy ensured that. She is made of strong stuff, you and J., none stronger. Take care, Miss Brynn, Your Mommy and Daddy love you So MUCH!!
I know it's no use saying, "Don't worry"- and not helpful at all. I was worried when we took J to the cardiologist about his murmur, and was worried when I was told, "Don't worry, but he may likely have a bicuspid aortic valve, that could calcify and need surgery in his 30s or 40s."
FWIW, I discovered while pregnant that I have an ASD- who knew? It's not supposed to cause too much of an issue. I only knew when pregnant because the extra workload and fluid volume put enough pressure on it to cause a murmur. They can usually close them with cardiac cath now, I think.
Hope if she has something, that's it's just a teeny weeny one...
I could just give her kisses all day long! So sweeeet!
Definitely still thinking and praying for you all!
I'm thinking of Brynn (and her parents!) and sending many good thoughts for all of you!
-Sarah/Suraita
Oh sweetie! i k now your scared, but your right. Your Bryn is a strong girl! Many many prayers coming your way. Hugs to ALL of you!
OH Sara! You and your family are absolutly in my thoughts!
I am so sorry that you have a new worry added to your plate. Praying that little Brynn will be ok! God bless.
Brynn is in my thoughts and prayers. She's so adorable in these pics. She is strong and it's wonderful that you recognized these issues, that she can get the help that she needs to be OK.
Keeping Brynn in my prayers. Hoping it is not as bad as you are imagining. She has always defied the odds, I'm sure this will be no different. You have a special little miracle for a daughter.
For fuck's sake, how much do you and this little girl have to go through? Has it not been enough already universe?!?!??
Thinking of you both and hoping it is nothing major. Do you use Emla on her when she has her blood draws? Not sure if there's a minimum age for it, but it might reduce the trauma for you both.
Hugs,
K
hugs for both you and Brynn.
She is a fighter. A tough little cookie.
hang in there. All will be good.
I will be praying that everything is ok with Brynn and I am keeping you both in my thoughts.
Those pictures are so cute! Everytime you post pictures of her it brings a smile to my face.
Poor little pumpkin! I know everything will be alright. I will keep her in my prayers!
Hi Sara. We will definitely be praying for you and Brynn. Hopefully this is resolved soon. Thinking of you,
-Liv
Praying for you guys. You all have been through so much, and I'm so sorry, you are having to endure more.
Praying that everything looks perfect and that there are no problems.
Honey, you dont even have to ask. You know we're all praying for her and keeping you all in our thoughts.
She IS a strong little bugger though. Remember that. She will fight any diagnosis they give her tooth and nail. That's just how she rolls. {{HUGS}}
And the pic of her with and Neela (god I hope I got the name right - lol) is too cute. She's is so lovin up on her!! I love it.
Oh Sara, what a torment. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. She will be ok.
xoxo
Sending up prayers right now.
Here from LF&C
Will definitely be keeping you and your beautiful little girl in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm keeping Brynn and all of you in my thoughts and prayers. I love the pictures of her and Neela!!
I will be praying for your beautiful Brynn...
Keeping you all in my thoughts!!
You're all in my thoughts. I'm sorry you're having to deal with all this scariness. I'm hoping that all will be well and that it's all easily fixable. Hugs to you.
You three are definitely in my thoughts. Hugs to you, Sara. I think you need lots of them right now.
Brynn is beatiuful. I will keep your family in my prayers. I love your Neela too. She is the cutest dog and such a wonderful fur sister.
Anne
We are praying for sweet, tough little Brynn. She'll be fine.
And I love how she and Neela are such good friends.
I know that Wednesday can't come soon enough!
We know that Brynn is so strong, already, so whatever it may be she'll conquer it!
You are both in my thoughts & prayers! I'm hoping for the best for your sweet little girl! Who is more & more adorable with every photo!
Oh Sara, I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this. Heart problems can be so scary. Brynn and all of you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
If it helps, I met a lot of incredible "Heart Families" on www.carepages.com during our journey with our baby girl Molly. You may know this already, but you can search key words on CarePages and find lots of other families with children who may have heart abnormalities similar to Brynn's. I found connecting with these other heart families to be very comforting and helpful.
Take care and God bless. I know such times of uncertainty are not easy. Hang in there and try to take this one day at a time. I know that is easier said than done. (((HUGS)))
I'm holding the three of you in my thoughts and prayers today and in the days and weeks ahead, and wishing you peace.
((HUGS)) for the three of you...
Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!
I wiill be praying for her as much as I can. She is very strong and so are you she wii pull throuhg look what she overcome so far. God be with you all. Martina
Both of my girls were born with PDAs (closed with the meds), two regular heart murmurs each, and Evelynn and a VSD and Lennon has a bicuspid aortic valve.
Everything cleared up on it's own as they grew except the bicuspid valve - that will need to be fixed with surgery someday.
Not sure where I'm going with this...but I wanted to let you know that you're not alone.
We have to have an echo done on the one I am preggo with now before s/he is even born.
::sigh::
Hang in there hun.
definitely Praying! may God's hand be upon her! much love! Psalm 46
You are in my prayers!
You know you guys are always in my thoughts and prayers! Poor little Brynn just needs to catch a break. Luckily she's so darn cute ;) I love the first pic of her hugging Neela :)
Wow. The photos are just as cute as can be. I love her hugging Neela. Hang in there. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Best of luck with this.
Prayers coming!
Sara - I cannot believe that Brynn is 6 months old already!! She is goregous and I pray that the appts and test results are good!!
I don't know how I missed this post on Monday. I'm thinking about you and Brynn and praying that this all turns out to be nothing.
Our son also has - or at least, had - a VSD, so I understand a little of the worry. Really crossing my fingers that she will be fine.
Loads and loads of prayers, Sara! I'll be thinking of you, J and Brynn. ((hugs))
You and Brynn are in my prayers
I've been MIA for a bit, so I'm just catching up. Brynn is in my prayers though!
Dear Sara, I do not always comment, but I have been reading your blog often. Brynn will be in my prayers.....Hoping for the best!
Oh my! I've missed several posts, apparently. I'm so sorry that you guys are going through all of this!
My prayers will be with you guys!
Post a Comment