Thursday, December 20, 2007

welcome...a little about me

Hi everyone....I'm new to this whole blogging thing. I tried to set this up a week ago or so. However, my first few posts got erased! I just wanted to introduce myself and tell a little about my story.

I recently finished grad school to be a CRNA (nurse anesthetist). This was something that I had wanted to do for a long time. The program was hard and time consuming...but I absolutely LOVE my job. I know few people actually say that...but I truly do. I get to help people, the pay is okay, and I have a great deal of autonomy. Overall...life is good. Except for one thing....my wonderful husband of 5 years (Jason) and I would love to have a family.

We have been trying to conceive #1 for about two years now. About a year ago we started seeing a fertility specialist (our RE - reproductive endocrinologist) and have been working towards our goal ever since. This past June I found out via HSG that I have a unicornuate uterus ( a rare congenital abnormality of the mulerian duct that failed to form during my embryologic state) I have one fallopian tube instead of two, a uterus 1/3 the normal size and a pelvic kidney (althoug attached and functioning perfectly thank heavens!). Needless to say, when I heard the news I was a little shocked. I thought that I was a boring person...the normal one among all of our friends! Boy I was wrong :-) But in doing so, I have been forced to take a humerous approach to the whole fertility battle. Right now...we have had two IUIs with clomid without much success....and am hoping that things turn around soon. But in the meantime, we have been able to travel...France for three weeks with a great apartment, view of the Seine and Eiffel...and have the best puppy named Neela in the world. My only hope is to stay optomistic...I don't know any other way...and for now...the best of luck for those of you trying to conceive...and for those of you who have....congrats!

10 comments:

Becca Daws said...

Hey Sara!

Thanks for all your comments! I am so glad you got your blog set-up. It is great therapy. I am not sure what you meant by "letting others know about it"? I think maybe another girl on the boards did if that's what you mean. :-)

It is so comforting to find others going through the same thing -- especially since we have been trying to conceive about the same time and we're about the same age. I am so glad you have found some sort of comfort in reading my posts. I often say that about other blogs I read. There is just something about knowing someone out there just "gets it" and beyond just the fertility battle, but the battle of staying pregnant too.

I have a couple of friends that are going through infertility, but their battle is just getting pregnant. After that, they are normal and can breathe easier. Not so with us! Getting pregnant is just half the battle.

I'll definitely email you soon and kind of tell you the brief synopsis of our story. I'd love to know too what your doctors have said about everything.

Thanks again for writing!

Becca

P.S. You can email me at rebeccadaws@hotmail.com anytime!

AwkwardMoments said...

Hey Welcome back Sara!!

Meghan said...

Welcome to blogging. I'm shocked at how much it has helped me. The women out here are really an amazing support network.

Good luck with everything!
meghan

JJ said...

Welcome Sara! Came over from Farah @ Fertilize Me. You will find immense support in this community! I'll be checking in on you!

JenniferW said...

Hi Sara.
Thanks for sharing your blog with the Yahoo! group. I have unicornuate uterus as well. My husband and I have been married for 6 years and went to an RE 2 years ago. Found the UU through an HSG. Did three IUIs with clomid--one was cancelled because I was ovulating on the wrong side. We did not do IUI with injectibles b/c of the risk of multiples. On my second IVF, we were successful. I am 16 weeks pregnant with a baby girl. The first IVF we transferred one blastocyst, BFN. Second, 2 10 cell embryos (day 3 transfer) BFP. I did not respond the way I expected to the fertility meds--I had 8 follicles and the IVF nurse was a BIG DOWNER each time I saw her. We almost cancelled the cycle. Thank goodness we didn't. In any event, we are over the moon. We never thought there was hope for us, BUT there WAS! Who knew!?!? So, don't lose hope. My cervix is holding up great so far, and all seems OK.
Best wishes!
Jennifer

seussgirl said...

Welcome!
I also came over from Fertilize Me, so she's doing a good job of publicizing you! :)
I wish you the best in your journey!

I_Sell_Books said...

Popped over from Stirrup Queens to say hello. So, hello!

There's another new blogger out there with an MA, let me see if I can find her blog...ah, here she is:

http://auterusdivided.blogspot.com/

Paris sounds lovely!

Oro

Elaine said...

Welcome Sara! I, too, have braved the IUI's and clomid rounds. Glad you are here, can't wait to hear more!

Cibele said...

Hi Sara
Welcome to blogland! Congratulations on finishing graduate school. What a great accomplishment. I also finished this years and I know how great it is to finish!
I TTC for almost 3 years and finally got my BFP last August. Stay strong and the day will come. I found so much support in this community and I sure that you will find it as well. Hugs and Merry Christmas

Me said...

Hooray for blogging :)