Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Some first pictures

I promise I'll have some words to go along with these pictures soon! But I figured posting a few pictures was more fun than writing all about how she got here. So soon I'll add that info for those of you who care to read along as well. I'm kind of using this as a bit of journaling as well - so if it gets too boring - bare with me, LOL!

Things were a bit busy today - but I'm trying to find the best part of each day since Brynn has been here. Today has been filled with them, but I think the coolest moment of the day was when she finally took a whole 20 ml of breast milk in a bottle that I had pumped for her! A 20 ml feeding for her was so good to experience. Since I lived on a clear liquid diet the whole last month (and was filled with mommy guilt of course) - I always worry about Brynn getting what she needs to eat so she can grow and thrive. So this made me so happy - I'm still grinning! Soon Brynn will be a beefcake leaving the 4 lb range behind her. I just know it. So here's some photos - I'll post some better ones soon.

This is us Friday afternoon after finding out the results of our amniocentesis. The preliminary report came back as immature lungs but the last two values allowed us to just make the cut. We could induce and Brynn would be arriving soon! We couldn't stop smiling.


Next that evening my favorite anesthesiologist came in from home to place my epidural - which I was so grateful for-Best thing of all it worked like a charm.


Brynn came out to join us at 1:13AM with her lungs screaming. It was the best noise I've ever heard.
The NICU team was there to greet Brynn and take good care of her. Luckily she didn't need to be with them for long!
What was going on up on our end of the bed with my OB and myself while the NICU team was with Brynn was so horrific for me to learn and I don't think I can even put it to words yet. In time I can elaborate a bit more. For now - I will leave it as that.

Brynn has done wonderful and to say she is a miracle doesn't even seem enough. As I said - I can explain more, but in time.
Best of all - I have learned a new way in what it means to be thankful. After some crazy months - I finally got to hold Brynn in my arms.
After being with the NICU for a short while - we are all together as a family at last.
Our first family photo where I didn't wear a hospital gown - it was so weird to wear anything else for the first time in weeks.


I promise I'll write more soon. Guess what? Not only is Brynn eating a bit better - but so am I. I can now eat dry cereal - "hello Cheerios!" and even had some applesauce. Life is good. Very good.

75 comments:

battynurse said...

Congratulations. She is beautiful. Glad that the feeding is going better and that you are able to eat some too. Hugs to you.

JJ said...

She is absolutely beautiful--and you look great Sara! Glad you are both able to eat more=)

admin said...

She is so terribly gorgeous Sara!!! And you all look so great. I am so happy for you.
So.
Freaking.
Happy.

xoxo
m

Just Me. said...

Oh Sara!!! I am in tears cuz I am sooo happy for you guys!!!! Brynn's gorgeous!!!! And hw do you remain to look so gorgeous without make-up?? I look like shit! :) Love the family picture and congrats again to you and your DH. Sara, you are my SUPERSTAR!!!

ps I've howled a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Brynn on my blog.

((((hugs))))

JW Moxie said...

OMG - she is such a doll! So worth the wait, the worry, the angst. She looks a lot bigger than her weight! You did a FABULOUS job, and you ARE doing a fabulous job! Your hubby did also! I have tears in my eyes!

Jen said...

She's so lovely. You look beautiful but worn out--please take care of yourself and we'll be praying you get your strength back quickly! Are you all home now?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you did it. I have held my son who is now 1 month old( 28wk and 4 days) on Friday and it was the best day of my life. Brynn looks perfect I'm sooo happy for you all. Enjoy every moment of this wonderful time that is beggining for all of you. I don't know how to put my name up, my name is Martina and as you I'm a nurse. I don't know why but we as nurses always have to prove to the world that we are stronger than anyone. Best wishes to all of you from sunny Arizona. Martina

Not in the Water said...

WOW!! God Bless All of you!!!

edie & ella said...

She is so unbelievably adorable!!! I love her...she IS a little miracle......sam

Chastity said...

Oh my! She's beautiful! Good job!!!

Mandy said...

she is beautiful!! What a wonderful family picture!

Monkey's Mama said...

She is beautiful!!! Made me tear up seeing her finally...thank you for making my day! How is it that you look so GOOD after all that?

Mel said...

I'm in tears, Sara. Beautiful! She's absolutely perfect! I can't wait to hear more about her arrival. :) She looks so strong and healthy for being a teeny little 4 pounder. Wonder who she gets that from?! Congrats to you all.

I Believe in Miracles said...

I love the pictures. She is beautiful. You are beautiful. The family is beautiful. I'm so glad to hear food wise, things are going better. What great news!!

MrsSpock said...

She's beautiful! Dry Cheerios sound a whole lot better than clear liquids!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful!!! She is so beautiful. I have been following your blog for awhile and am so happy for you. (can only post anonymous right now).

Geohde said...

Congratulations again Sara.

I'm quite envious of how great you look- Immediately post partum I was frizzy haired, greasy, spotty, and oedematous as hell :)

xx

J

kaaron said...

She. Is. Beautiful! Am so incredibly happy for you!

AwkwardMoments said...

Oh my WORD... you've got me all emotional .. In tears over the joy I see on your face and so happy to see that beautiful baby girl! YEAH for eating. Good for you both

Michelle said...

She is so BEAUTIFUL!!! and you look FANTASTIC!!! I am so HAPPY for you!!!!!!

Cara said...

She makes me cry - you all do. Happy tears of course.

Congrats - soak her up!!!

Tara said...

Congratulations - she's absolutely gorgeous. So happy for you!!

Meghan said...

She is SO beautiful! And I'm glad you're getting some real food (I bet dry cheerios never sounded better) and Brynn is eating better. And I hope everything else is ok...

Debz said...

I am bawling my eyes out right now. Those are the most special pictures I have ever been honored enough to see.
You two deserve all this happiness! You are a beautiful family.
Precious baby, beautiful baby, wonderful little Brynn.

Congrats to all of you! My heart is full. {{HUGS}}
Now how do you manage to look that darn good??!!

Anonymous said...

She is Amazing!! so beautiful, so happy you are slowly putting this very long road behind you. Congratulations!! You are amazing!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Welcome Beautiful Brynn! You all look absolutely radiant! Yeah for 20 ml intake and your milk supply! I am so happy for you and relieved you are okay after the V.P. Take good care, eat up, and sending my best, Martha

Jill said...

Sara, she is gorgoeous...just perfect. Seeing these pics of you holding her made me cry. You have been a true inspiration during this entire pregnancy. I'm so proud of you!!

Congratulations!!

((HUGS))

Unknown said...

She is beautiful! When I got to the picture of you holding her I got chills. After hearing about her for so long and everything you went through to bring her into the world it gave me chills to see you finally holding her! What a great sight! I am so happy you are both eating better!

Anonymous said...

Sara!!!! She is so beautiful! What a sweet face! How precious! Thanks for sharing. I hope things continue to get better and better every day!

Hugs!

Candi said...

Congrats mommy!! You did a great job and she is gorgeous. You should be very proud of what you've done!

nancy said...

I'm thrilled. And she's beautiful!

Jen said...

I can't express enough how happy I am for you. I know that vasa previa is a very dangerous scenerio and you have been through a rough road. Your little Brynn is a miracle, soak her up as much as possible, it will be a blink and she'll be crawling all over. So very very very happy for all of you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh she's so cute, and quite the chubber I must say :)

You look so happy, it's wonderful to see.

Sounds like some parts of the birth were traumatic, and I'm sorry to hear that. Thinking of you and hope you heal well.

Sully said...

Sara,

She's beautiful! Congratulations, and here's to real food (for both of you!) :)

electriclady said...

She is so BEAUTIFUL! Enjoy her and enjoy your new family of three!

edie & ella said...

just relooking (not a word probably) at the pictures......man is she cute...I just wanted to say that you and your husband look so adorable...you as always look fabulous....he just beams.....good times....good times.....sam

Anonymous said...

wow - she is breathtaking! Congratulations, Sara! What a miracle baby!!! :)

Amanda said...

She is perfectly beautiful!!!

You both keep up the good work with the eating. :-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again! Brynn is just so gorgeous.

Yvette A said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats to you again.

Annalien said...

This brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing your miracle baby with us. She is truly gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Such a big girl! I expected her to be smaller. congratulations again on your harrowing journey and your pot of gold at the end.

Carrie27 said...

I'm so happy for you guys! It was a long, scary at moments, journey and you were so strong through it all. You can see the relief and love all over your face.

Welcome to mommy world...now the fun begins ;)

Hilary said...

I am here in tears...Brynn is beautiful!!!! It has been such a journey..thank you for taking me along with you..A miracle! God bless Brynn and her family :)

Kathy said...

What a beautiful girl! Your daughter is precious, Sara, thanks for posting pictures. So wide-eyed -- you can tell she is going to thrive! What a gorgeous family. Congratulations!

Tracy said...

She is just beautiful. And so are you, Mommy. Well done.

Anonymous said...

congrats!!!! I'm very happy for all of you!
LOVE the pictures! Brynn is absolutely aborable!

Cibele said...

I AM IN TEARS!!!!! What a happy ending, what a miracle she is... what a strong woman youa re, what a great husband you have!!!!!!!!! She is so beautiful and you 3 look so good as a family. I am so HAPPY for you. HUGS

Anonymous said...

She is just perfect! So beautiful! And hurray for the beefcake! I love that last pic. she is so alert! You did wonderful, what an amazing miracle. Congrats to you, your hubby, and to baby Brynn, for having such amazing parents!

SAHW said...

Congratulations! So, so happy for you guys! And seriously, how in the world do you look so cute after so many days in the hospital, very impressive. :) Hope you guys will be going home soon, we are all thrilled for you.

HereWeGoAJen said...

She's beautiful and perfect!

Heather said...

Congratulations! I hope you know I'm in complete tears her at work right now, I'm so happy for you!!!!

Two Shorten the Road said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. You all look great, and what a great family photo at the end.

Anonymous said...

absolutely terrific news! it's great to see pictures too, at last! what beautiful little girl you have- and now a beautiful family. God bless!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing it is to know you and your little one are finally meeting each other on the "outside." Sounds like a very rough pregnancy, but you were always upbeat. I'm so glad you are both safe and Brynn is just beautiful!!!
Sarah

Soapchick said...

Gorgeous!!! and so are you! Congrtaulations Sara! You are both miracles! Now let's get some meat on your bones!

Brynn is so blessed to have you as her mother! You are such a fighter, and so is she!

Evil Stepmonster said...

Sara she is so sweet! Congratulations to you and hubby. Its great to hear that you and Brynn are both doing so well and to see her in your arms at last.

Lost in Space said...

OMG, she is so beautiful, Sara!!! Congratulations to you all and sending lots of strength and healing thoughts your way. Way to go, Mom!!!

areyoukiddingme said...

What a beautiful baby!

Nicole O'Dell said...

She is gorgeous! I love her little nose!!! congratulations, again!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god she is *beautiful*. Congratulations Sara!!!!! So happy and relieved that you are both healthy and that you get to start healing now.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I'm at a total loss for words.
It's amazing to see your little girl so healthy looking and beautiful and vibrant and best of all in your arms. Just Incredible!!

I thank God that you're okay and here with us and looking so happy and wonderful with your loving family!

Congrats again to you and your DH. And for the 10th time, Welcome sweet, precious Brynn, so very glad, and thankful you're here.

My very best to you all,

Anna

Miss said...

Oh Sara! Brynn is gorgeous, just beautiful! Thanks for sharing :) I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better. I hope you and your family has a great weekend.

Pauline said...

you guys are so cute together and i am so happy for you, your hubby, and brynn! She is beautiful, honey! And she is so lucky to have been born to the two of you as parents.
love you and kisses to Brynn! We will visit as soon as we are all past our colds.

Anonymous said...

She's just beautiful, can't wait to hear more!

Adriane said...

Great pictures! So glad you are all OK and doing well.

CJ said...

Congratulations!! You look beautiful!! Good luck to you, Brynn and your hubby!!

Anonymous said...

She is SO beautiful! I can't wait to hear all about her arrival!

Mainly a midwife said...

Congratulations Sara! She is beautiful and precious. It was great to see pictures of all of you...You have the happiest smile on your face :)

Luke said...

Sara, she is beautiful!!!!! I bet you are still in awe. I'm so happy for you three. Babies are truly a miracle. I guess prayers really do get answered. Congratulations and get all the rest you can. I loved the pics and look forward to reading your birth story.

Photogrl said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful family!

Glad to hear that both of you are starting to eat more.

sarah23 said...

Gorgeous pics!! She looks really healthy and happy!

Your other comments make me a bit apprehensive, though. I hope that all is OK.

Anonymous said...

When do you guys get to go home with little Brynn???

Jess said...

She's so pretty!

Kathy said...

OMG she is sooooo beautiful, just perfect!!! You all look great! I am so happy for you! You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers as you adjust to life as a family of three. I am so proud of and happy for you! :)