Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Please keep Brynn in your thoughts


We went to the pediatrician for a routine weight check on Brynn today and despite eating well she's losing weight and her jaundice has returned. We're on our way back to the hospital to have more lab work done for her and to have things checked out. Her doctor is worried about her renal and liver function and it looks like we might be spending our first Turkey Day with Brynn back in the hospital. So if you would please keep our little girl in your thoughts and prayers I would so appreciate it. Your mom and dad love you a lot little girl! Get well soon because we loved our short time at home all together as a family.

44 comments:

admin said...

My bosses daughter was born full term and had to go back in the hospital for two days for those very same things. Brynn is a trooper. She'll be just fine. And your a great Mamma!!

Hope you get to spend turkey day at home as a family.
xo
m

Candi said...

You guys are in our prayers. Hang in there. Love you.

IdleMindOfBeth said...

Saying prayers for you & your little girl.

ICLW

May said...

Aww, man!! I was so hopeful you were done with the bad stuff. Best of luck.

Scrumpkin said...

*Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way*

Hayden Family Struggle said...

Ill be praying for Brynn and you to have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving together at home.

A - said...

Oh, no! I will be keeping you and Brynn in my thoughts and prayers. Please get better, little one... your mommy and daddy want you home as soon as possible. ::hugs::

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking of you three and keeping you in my prayers.

battynurse said...

Oh dang. I'm sorry. I hope that you get to come back home or that it's not serious. Thinking of you all!

Emily (Apron Strings) said...

Oh Sara, I've got you and Brynn and your hubby in my prayers!!!

Lost in Space said...

Lots of prayers and positive thoughts coming your way, Sara. Hang in there, Mama.

Soapchick said...

Sara - I'm thinking happy, positive thoughts for Brynn and saying lots of prayers.

MrsSpock said...

Oh no! I certainly hope your time back in the hospital is short. Hang in there!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Sending my best for the quickest recovery for Brynn. Always in my thoughts and prayers, please take good care.

Aunt Becky said...

Sending all possible good vibes to you and sweet baby Brynn. Love you all lots.

AwkwardMoments said...

definately praying. sending you hugs

Lisa said...

Hoping that all goes well with her appt. Here is to hoping that you all get to come home and enjoy your Turkey Day at home. Happy Thanksgiving. I will keep you all in my prayers!!

jenn said...

I hope you get to spend Thanksgiving all together at home. Keeping you all in my thoughts!

Tara said...

Will definitly keep you all in my thoughts.

She's so beautiful...

Kathy said...

brynn is obviously a fighter, and I am sure she will win this current battle -- sorry you have to spend Thanksgiving in the hospital! praying for you, that you will all go home soon. xoxo

Momma Val said...

I too have uterus issues. Our son came 3 weeks early and had very high bilirubin. He had to be fed formula & breastmilk. His weight went down & bilirubin went up, fed horribly cause he just wanted to sleep, after getting the wrong advice about pumping my milk went way down. A day or two with the blanket cured the bilirubin but it took 2 months of lactation, and round the clock fussing with tubes, nipples, shields, breastmilk, formula, logging, stripped down feedings, and cold wet washcloths to get the show on the road. It was quite possibly the darkest time in my life. Hang in there. He just turned 22 months and I am still nursing twice a day and can't keep his tummy full with loads of food!!! Our stories are a little different but very similar. I will keep her in my thoughts. She is a trooper. This too shall pass!!!

Momma Val said...

Ooh, forgot to tell you keep the lights low to feed. It has the opposite affect on them. They will want to keep eyes shut in brightness. Just another help. Keep pumping if you can :) Keep us posted on her liver, etc. God bless!

Anonymous said...

Tons of prayers and good thoughts your way!

Geohde said...

One of my twins had a similar thing happen. I have my fingers crossed for Brynn,

J

HereWeGoAJen said...

I'll be thinking of you and Brynn and sending lots of good thoughts and prayers. She's such a super strong baby, she'll beat this quickly!

Chastity said...

Ugg..jaundice stinks. My little LG had some similar problems when she was a wee one. Hang in there...she's going to be fine; it's just so stressful at first.

Michelle said...

I am saying prayers for your beautiful Brynn!

Anonymous said...

I will definitely keep Brynn and you in my thoughts. xo susanna

Jill said...

Praying for Brynn as well as you and hubby.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving, Sara.

((HUGS))

SAHW said...

We are always thinking of you...and will be even more today! Hope she gets better right away and can go home very soon!

Annalien said...

Sorry to hear you had a bit of a set back. I pray that your gorgeous girl will be home with you again in no time.

..al said...

Certainly will keep you guys in my prayers!

Tracy said...

I know I don't get a chance to comment as much as I used to, but know that I am thinking about all of you, and keeping Brynn in my prayers. xo

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sara,
Just want to say Congrats on Brynn!!! Its Robyn (the other MA gas passer).
I just wanted to tell you my son's story. Justin was born just a little over 3 weeks early. He was slighly jaundice when we left the hospital, but by 4d old we took him to pedi and he lost 14% (a little over 1 lb) of his body weight. His bili was about 12 at the time, I took him to the doc everyday for bili levels. He made it as high as 19 (20 was the admit to hosptial magic number). I kept him on the lights at home every minute he wasn't eating (or going to doc) and I had no choice but to supplement as I had some breastfeeding difficulty. Usually once they are well hydrated and can pee and poop out all the extra waste, they turn around very quickly.
Hang in there, she turn around very quickly.
I'll be thinking of you.

Robyn

Irish Girl said...

Thinking of you and Brynn today and wishing you a happy turkey day. Hope you three can be home again soon! Get well, little one! :-)

Not in the Water said...

Sara and DH-

I will def say prayers for your little girl. My God Bless her and you both and I wish her a speedy recovery!

Hilary said...

OH man Brynn get better!!!

Debz said...

Oh Sara, I'll be praying extra hard for you all today.

Debz said...

Oh Sara, I'll be praying extra hard for you all today.

TashaSpietz said...

The entire family is in my prayers and I hope that you all get to be back at home soon.

Just Me. said...

I've just said a prayer for Brynn and you and will continue doing so.

Huge hugs, Sara.

Mel said...

Praying for precious baby Brynn as well as for her mommy and daddy! Thinking of you today...*hugs*.

Anonymous said...

Ohh Brynn... you've been soooo brave and strong and such a terrific trooper. Imagine turing over already!!-- So I know you'll find the strength to get over this jaundice and allow mommy and daddy to destress once again and enjoy you being back at home right where you belong.

Get well very very soon precious girl.

My very best wishes and great health to the whole family.

Anna