
Let me digress for a moment. You may be asking, well how did the two (or should I say three?) of you meet. Well it began innocently enough. In fact, I wasn't even looking to meet up with any "shoes" that day. Instead, I entered Nord.stroms looking instead for some summer tops that could bridge the way between my current wardrobe and finally taking the dive to visit the maternity section of store (something I can't quite do yet). On my walk to the escalator I caught the most beautiful sight out of the corner of my eye. There to the left of me there she sat. "Hello Lover," quickly came to mind (the words of a one of the most brilliant shoe shoppers of all time). I was instantly drawn to her, perhaps it was her easy light summer radiance. As I got closer I saw that not only was she cute and darling, but she would be comfortable as well, since she was a Born sandal. I quickly decided that she must be mine, I edged myself in front of the pack of hungry sandal devouring women and asked quietly for a (gasp size 9 1/2 - large feet I know). Quickly I was delighted to find out that they were both comfortable and cute, and I even had some room to grow in them as my feet will likely expand a little in the months to come. Needless to say, an hour later we all were home at last. I was even feeling brave enough to introduce the latest member of my shoe family to my husband. He just smiled and said, "yes honey, they are cute."
Thanks for letting me do some self indulgence into my secret world of shoe obsession. But now onto something of more substance.

Last week Scarred Bellybutton gave me the Pink Rose Award. She's a fellow UUer who has been so supportive over the last few months. When my IVF cycle was threatened to get cancelled last minute due to poor response she filled my email with support and encouragement and helped me keep my sanity. She has taught me that support can come from many places, even different continents! So thank you.
So now I definitely want to pass on the Pink Rose Award myself:
Admin who also has a f-ed up uterus. We seem to be sharing this pregnancy journey in both good and bad ways, similar bumps and bruises. But no matter what always has the right words to make me smile and realize things will be okay. Plus her posts are witty and honest and always make me smile.
Farah who is kind and sweet and is an extremely open minded person. She has been ultra supportive as well and always points me in the right direction when I have a question. She is the first one who introduced me to blogging, and I've been a blogging junkie ever since, so thanks - does that make you my blogging dealer?
Becca who has kind of been my other UU half. Just when her and I thought we should throw in the towel, we both got some good news. She was especially supportive when both her and I were trying to make sense of this whole UU thing, and figuring out how to deal with things.
Pauline has been my friend forever and we've only gotten closer over the years. I've loved watching her grow in so many ways both as a friend, mom, and writer. She has had her own journey with trying to get pregnant and then roller coaster pregnancy as well. If you look under the dictionary for supportive you would find her picture along with my friend M. Which leads me to my last person.
My friend M. I know she doesn't technically have a blog or anything, but I can't list people under this and not mention her. She should honestly give lessons on what it means to be selfless and giving. As I mentioned before, she offered to do a surrogacy for us if we were unable to have me carry a child for whatever reason (UU, failed IVFs, etc). And it wasn't one of those, "oh..I would be willing to helps" it was a "I WILL HELP YOU." I could try to say in words why she deserves some thanks, an honor, some kind of friend award, whatever. Yet I wouldn't even be able to say in words what her relationship means to me for that reason and so many more. But I think she realizes that I'm not the best at saying what's on my mind, and she will always be like a sister to me.
I honestly could go on about so many other people too, but this is getting long as is! Here's a little more about the pink rose award. But first please stop by Kym who was the one to start passing this along. She has just completed a gestational surrogacy IVF transfer and please flood her with good wishes and support during the wait. She has given so much of herself for these women who need help, and it's the least we can do for her!
Here’s what to do:
1. On your blog, copy and paste the award, these rules, a link back to the person who selected you, and a link to this post: http://smartone.typepad.com/smartone/2008/05/pink-is-my-favo.html. You will find the story behind the Pink Rose Award and other graphics to choose from there.
2. Select as many award recipients as you would like, link to their blogs (if they have one), and explain why you have chosen them.
3. Let them know that you have selected them for an award by commenting on one of their posts.
4. If you are selected, pass it on by giving the Pink Rose Award to others.
5. If you find that someone you want to nominate has already been selected by someone else, you can still honor them by posting a comment on their award post stating your reasons for wishing to grant them the award.
6. You do not have to wait until someone nominates you to nominate someone else.
I can't believe that I might have to have my husband bring in some of our flowers we put out over the weekend because there is a "frost advisory" tonight as the weather could be in the 30s. Yesterday it was well into the 80s. Leave it to MI to go from 80 to 30 degrees in 36 hours. Ugh! But at least both the Pistons and Red Wings won last night, Yay! Well, I already am getting excited for tomorrow's appointment and seeing little Spot again. Maybe 12 weeks will be one of the last times that Spot poses for their portrait on ultrasound that I will have to say "he" or "she" (I know it's still way too early). I can't wait to find out what we're having, hopefully Spot will cooperate with revealing that as the weeks progress and it becomes possible!
29 comments:
I have a friend who has over 150 boxes of shoes. Fetish gone wild, I tell you. I think I own 10 pairs altogether.
Congratulations on your award! You surely deserve it, as well as the others that you've nominated! Thanks for spreading the love, and double thanks for all of your extra support!
I can't wait to hear about your appointment tomorrow! I'm feeling pink for you! Not too much longer before you'll find out!
I have always wanted to be a shoe junkie, but I just never quite made it there. I do admire your choice in greatness though.
Love the shoes -- I am a shoe and horse hog!!! Can't wait to hear an update on Spot tomorrow -- hope she is dancing for you......sam
I just LOVE the Born shoes. I fell in love with them a few winters ago. Those shoes are divine!
COngrats for your award and passing in on to me. I do feel honored. (since a few of my post have been alil boring and downers)
Good Luck tomorrow at the dr's appointment. Can't wait to see Spot again
i love you! and you know i'd do anything for you!
thanks for the award. i have a little something for you, too...
i'll let check back when i can "give" it to you.
I have a bit of a shoe addiction myself. Those are too cute. I love Nordstroms also. Their selection is always great.
Wow great shoes. DH complains about my shoes and I only have about 10 -12 pairs and most are flip flops.
Congratulations on your pregnancy, and thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog.
We're bringing in our flowers, too. Sigh.
LOVE those shoes...now I have shoe envy. I might just have to visit Nordstroms while we're at Somerset this weekend!
Your so funny about shoes. I personally hate most all of them, mostly because they always hurt. If they didn't hurt I would probably like them more.
Cute shoes! I did my first few items of maternity shopping online. I didn't feel like such an imposter because no one could see me. :)
I hear ya about the flowers! I have to use three queen size bed sheets to cover all my "babies" in my front garden. Plus DH has to help bring about 7 huge pots in the garage, since they are too heavy for me!
Very cute shoes, and congrats on the award!
Thanks for the comment on my blog. Love the shoes! Congratulations, I wish you a happy, healthy pregnancy
Awe! You are too sweet. Thank you so much for the award. You deserve one from me too. You have been so supportive of me and I am so grateful! What a sweet blessing that we get to share this pregnancy journey together too!
You take care! Off to Disneyland tomorrow! I love California. :-)
I'm liking you more and more. I too have a 'shoe problem'. It's really only a problem for Alex, I'm fine with it. I just bought the cutest pair of sandals last weekend...Michael Kors snakeskin thong. Can you say sassy!? :) Love the pair you picked out by the way...super cute!
Here from NaComLeavMo. Great shoes--I wish I could afford to be more of a shoe collector like that! They are fabulous. I hope you can wear them for a long time to come!
OOOH I love shoes too! Congrats on 12 weeks and your award! Here from NLM!
Ooh, those shoes are adorable! Even I, the shoe monogamist, would wear these.
Congrats on your new addition!
As Chris Rock says, "women need three things: food, compliments and the occasional pair of shoes." Anyway, I love your description of how the newest member of your "shoe family" came to be! It was so fun to read! I was feeling a little down this morning and reading your blog entry was just the smile inducing pick me up that I needed! Congrats on your pink rose award!
Take care,
Kathy
Adorable shoes! Wear them on Sunday to our lunch!!
Thanks for your NaComLeavMo visit to my blog. AAAHHHH, so many gorgeous shoes, so little time. I hear you, loud and clear.
And congratulations on your Rose award.
i love shoes too, my man doesn't share the "humoring" me gene tho ha ha.
and it is not too early to determine sex, if you have an old pro as a tech and they get a great shot it is doable. they will say not to go out and buy all that color cause its still early but 90% of the time they're accurate, the sex is determined and developed at 12 weeks...just isn't the easiest to see. good luck!
NaComLeavMo
Congrats on the shoes (and the baby).
hello lover!!
the shoes are marvelous. ;)
(i bought 2 new pairs this weekend, totally unplanned as well!)
Aaaahh, Born sandals. I have 2 pairs (one very similar to yours but pink!) and I love them.
Also appreciated your "Hey Lover" quote - I am looking forward to Friday!
Thanks for visiting and commenting, and for your good wishes. My fingers are crossed for you too!
Found you on NaComLeavMo and it is good to meet you! Congratulations on your new addition (shoes!) and on your 12th week!
There is a surgeon I work with that anytime he is taking someone to surgery calls me and tells me he needs "gas." It always throws me for a loop for a second.
A fellow shoe lover. I am a fan of those lovelies and your blog! I have noticed you commenting on a lot of the same blogs I do, so I was happy to find yours doing this NaComLeavMo thing!!
Here from NaComLeavMO
I love those shoes.
I'm here via Nacomleavmo. Congrats on yourr pregnancy. I'm just a big ahead of you.
PPx
Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm new to your blog but I've been so encouraged reading about your journey! Can't wait to read more!
LOVE, love the shoes. Oh so cute!
Post a Comment