Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Booty shakin part deux and 11 week belly shot



I guess it's about time I posted a belly shot. Here's me at 11 weeks, 3 days (don't mind the many freckles). Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped out with my progesterone questions - they were much appreciated!

On a completely different note, what is to follow is an embarrassing story. Proceed at your own risk!

Last night my husband was playing random sounds from the computer since my new MP3 player had come in the mail, and he was uploading some songs for me. One of the songs that must have played was the "Booty rockin everywhere" song by Bu.bba Sparxx. You know how you can get songs stuck in your head without even realizing that you heard them? Well, an hour later I was in our first floor bathroom. We live in a suburb and houses are fairly close together. If I have my bathroom window open, our neighbors driveway is about 10 feet away. Last night was warm (finally) so I had the window open. I was in a good mood, somewhat bored obviously because my husband yelled in from the front of the house something about watching TV, and my response was busting out the chorus "booty booty booty rockin everywhere. Rockin everywhere!" I am ashamed to admit I may have shaken my very uncoordinated behind while I busted out this rant. At that moment, I happen to hear a car door shut, and I looked out through the tiny slit that was open in the window. My poor neighbor was looking at my house like, huh? He must had heard the whole thing. Then he just smiled to himself and went into his house to join his wife making dinner! Later that evening I was getting something out of my car and saw him outside in his garage. He just smiled, waved and said "Hi Sara, how's it going?" I muttered some form of hi back and ducked into our house avoiding any further embarrassment :-)

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm normally quite a boring chick and normally rarely partake in things like booty shaking. Let alone random booty shakin. So my husband and I have some theories on some of my recent changes in character. The one we seem to agree on and enjoy thinking about the most involves Spot. Since on the last couple of ultrasounds Spot has revealed his/her ability to shake the rump a little in the form of on screen booty shakin, perhaps they are trying to teach their mom something new. Perhaps Spot likes Bub.ba Sparx or a similar choice of music? (I know that they can't hear outside noises yet- I'm just daydreaming...work with me people, okay?) My husband seems to think that before I broke out in my rant, Spot had already been doing some booty shakin, and it took me awhile to realize it. But once I did, that's when I started my random dancing since you know you can't stand by and know someone's having fun and not join in. At least I can't.

Anyways, hope everyone is having a great week. My next OB appointment is tomorrow, and I already can't wait to see little Spot shakin his or her rump again!

25 comments:

KatieM said...

Hehe, that's funny about the "booty shakin". You should randomly dance more often...it's fun! =) Thanks for all the comments you gave, and yes I would love the link to your friends blog so I can get more info on this reusable diaper thing. Thanks!

Erin said...

Let's hope Spot saves his/her botty shakin' for the privacy of your uterus.

Jill said...

I love it! :) It made me smile to read this...you just sound so happy in this post! Can't wait to hear about tomorrow's apptm!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Lovely belly!

I love embarrassing stories! I don't even think that is too bad! My neighbors used to scream at each other that I could hear. At least you were in a good mood. :)

Tracy said...

Make me want to grab my Ipod and do some booty shakin of my own.

Mazzy said...

Tiny tummy! What baby?! Seriously!
I somehow imagine your booty shakin is freaking adorable. ;)

admin said...

Spot is just like his/her mamma? Or is it the other way around? Either way, you got bootie shakin in common.

Cute belly shot. Man, you are slim. I was considering posting a shot, but I am convinced I only look a little pregnant because I haven't used the potty in days. GROSS! So I will wait to post one till I am convinced it is baby buldge.

Can't wait to see spots portrait tomorrow!

(Oh, hey - I tagged you)
Meredtih

Sully said...

Oooh! Same day OB appointments - here's to seeing the little ones! Oh, and I'm totally jealous of your tiny tummy.

Rachie Pachie said...

LOL! That's hilarious! And then to have to see the neighbor that night, too! :)

Alison said...

LOL, you are so cute! Love the belly shot!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute story! Don't worry about the neighbors, I'm sure you've saw/heard something strange at one time or another from them! Happy 11 weeks! You look great!

JJ said...

Yeeaaaaah for booty shakin! Love it! Im sure Spot was gettin' down with ya=)

Monkey's Mama said...

So cute. Can't wait to see Spot again tomorrow. I found out Keira was a girl at my 12 week perinatology appointment. It was one of those huge 3D/4D machines, though. The regular OB couldn't have done that. Have you thought about finding out if Spot is a boy or girl yet?

Morrisa said...

Sheesh, I wish my belly looked like that! I'm excited to see Spot tomorrow!!

JW Moxie said...

I don't think I'll ever hear that song again and not think of you - probably not your neighbor, either!LOL! I'm often caught in random (and public) booty shakin's!

Chastity said...

Haha...getting caught singing totally sounds like something I'd get caught doing.

AwkwardMoments said...

You are so funny!! I needed that laugh

2weeks2much said...

Shake that booty girl, you have alot to be happy about and dancing feels good!

KH99 said...

What a funny story! We have new neighbors, and I keep forgetting that I can't prance around in skimpy workout clothes in front of our kitchen window anymore since it overlooks their yard.

Good luck at the appointment! You look so tiny in your picture!

Two Shorten the Road said...

Skinny belly! Go you!

It won't be skinny much longer though, huh? :)

Candi said...

Being pregnant is like having Tourette's...I have noticed myself blurting out totally random things that I would never say BP (Before Pregnancy). As far as the booty shaking...in your defense, it is IMPOSSIBLE not to shake it to a Bubba song. Secondly, shake it while you still can!!

Anonymous said...

Thank your warm thoughts. You're pretty funny. also I am SO jealous of your belly shot :( I'm already using the "hairtie" trick to make my jeans comfy. boo hoo and I'm a tiny girl (who is 7 years between pregnancies and REALLY lazy) if you know me you say wow you're showing already, if you don't you think ilike beer and donuts a lot more than I do hah a. Good luck, and keep shaking your booty!

Anonymous said...

Okay, you are the cutest person ever. I'm glad you're having some fun with this.

Thanks for stopping by. It really makes me feel good to know you're checking in.

Anonymous said...

OMG you are so tiny, how cute!

Miss Feisty said...

I totally got a visual while reading that story!

And, uh...I wish I had your belly :)