Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Surgery date all set
Ugh- after my appointment yesterday my OB called after reading my transvaginal ultrasound. Although he doesn't think I have any retained placenta (he remembers the placenta all too well due to the vasa previa) my ultrasound looks "ugly." My lining of my uterus is very irregular and rough and my uterus is still boggy. Also the bleeding continues despite the methergine I finished so I'm all scheduled for my surgery tomorrow morning at 11:30. I phoned my friend and she's going to do the anesthesia for me so that makes me feel better. I jokingly told her to save me the good drugs for my case, LOL! I always joke and tell my patients before their cases not to worry because I only use the "top shelf" drugs and not anything cheap. Just kidding of course...we always use the same thing for every case no matter who the patient :-) So wish me luck. In the past being NPO after midnight until lunchtime would had sent me into a grumble. But after living on clear liquids for that last month of pregnancy I'm not as bent out of shape. Isn't that strange? I'm still a bit nervous anytime I have surgery - it's a little tough being on the other side of the drapes as the patient when you're used to being the one "passing the gas" if you know what I mean. But on the other hand it's a good chance to once again learn some stuff to make me a little more empathetic to the patients we see everyday. Hope everyone is having a great night and wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

48 comments:
Best of luck to you.
Good luck Sara! :)
Sorry you have to have the surgery, good luck with it
I have to say though...I absolutely love your ability to find the silver lining in anything. I need to do that more often...I'm going to use you as my inspiration ;)
I hope everything goes smoothly for you! Happy 1 month to Brynn. I can see Neela really loves her sister!
I completely understand at hard it is to be a patient and you have been a STELLAR One!! I wish you all the best and know you all will be glad to have this behind you and for Mrs.Ute to get over her Irregular Bogginess.
Thinking of you, Brynn, and J. Also, how are Miss Neela and your mom recuperating? Gosh, I could totally be a big help to you all, hmmm, and rotate so nobody would get too tired of me, now that's a plan.
Good luck with the procedure tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you.
All the best for a successful surgery and fast recovery.
:o) I hope you don't get used to having surgery. It's always nerve wracking and I think especially for those with medical knowledge--though many would be loathe to admit it.
My thoughts and prayers are with you... Get well soon!
Anna
Good luck Sara. What a rocky road!
I'll be thinking of you. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
HUGS!!
I just got done with having my gall bladder taken out. Was in the hospital a couple days because they had to cut me wide open. Wishing you well with your surgery...enjoy the top shelf drugs because I know that I did (lol).
I hope your surgery goes as smoothly as possible
xx
J
Good luck. I've had ~5~ uterine surgeries, one being exactly the reason you are getting one. Let us know when you are home!
You're in my thoughts and prayers!
Good luck, Sara! Enjoy the good drugs!
Hope tomorrows procedure goes well and that you are soon feeling much better. Thinking of you.
Thanks for the good wishes -- still hanging in there and hoping to keep going a while longer.
Good luck tomorrow -- I hope this takes care of everything.
p.s. Orange Jello is tasty.
lots of prayers for you tomorrow. I hope you enjoy the good drugs. :)
Keep smiling!
I'll be thinking of you! Good Luck!
I'll be thinking of you!!! I hope the recovery isnt too bad!! Good luck!!!!!!1
Good Luck with surgery tomorrow. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
It stinks to have to go through this on top of the wild pregnancy ride....Best of luck!
Wow - this is a rollercoaster, but it feels like you are near the end of the ride, doesn't it?
Will be praying for you tomorrow and for your husband and little one who won't be far away.
i'll be Praying for you! God will see you through it because He has blessed you with a beautiful little family that needs you! God bless!
Sending you my thoughts and prayers
I'm going to wish you luck and send you lots of my love and prayers!!!!
((((hugs))))
Good luck, Sara...I'm thinking of you. And yes, this weather sucks. But it's awfully pretty, at least up my way where we have almost a foot of snow!
Good luck today!!
~~HUGS~~
Sara you will be in my thoughts and prayers....
I hope that your surgury is the key to stopping the bleeding and starting the care free mothering!
Good luck Sara with your surgery. I'll be thinking about you. Love new pictures with your baby and Neela. What a good sister she is. Martina ( arizona )
Will be thinking of you--glad you are getting such good care.
Thinking of you... *hugs and prayers*
Thinking of you...hoping all goes well.
Sorry to hear you need to have surgery, but hopefully this should resolve your problems with bleeding. Good luck!!!
I hope the surgery goes well. And I can't believe it's been a month already either!
Good luck with your surgery! Thinking of you and sending yo lots of hugs!
-D
Hope it goes beautifully Sara and you're back home to Brynn in a flash with all internal bits working as they should.
Just wanted to scream, GOOOOD LUCK for today and lots of love from an ocean away!!!!!!!!!
((((((hugs))))))
Sara,
I love reading your blog - I continue to be amazed that every time things get tough, you charge ahead with the most positive attitude!
You'll do great tomorrow, I'm praying for an easy surgery and quick recovery for you - so you can get back to more important things, ahem....Little Miss Brynn!!! :)
Warmly,
Beth
Sara, I'm so sorry that I just read this post and didn't get a chance to comment before your surgery! I was going to offer to keep Brynn for you while you were in surgery. Guess that's out of the question now. :)
I hope everything went well. Praying it went well and that you feel better soon, sweet girl.
((HUGS))
Hope all went well, Sara. Many hugs!
I hope that the surgery went well and everything is in proper condition now. Take ample rest and be good!
And thanks for stopping by my blog!
I hope that everything went well yesterday and that you have a speedy recovery.
Good luck!
I hope the surgery went well (because you must have had it by now). I'm really sorry that you have had to go through all that you have, and now this on top of it. Good luck with the recovery!
Thinking of you today, Sara. Wishing you complete resolution and health after this surgery. *hugs*
Good luck with the surgery! I love the photos of Brynn being loved by the dog.
thinking of you. hoping all is well
Post a Comment