Friday, December 5, 2008

Neela taking care of her sister


Well, Brynn is finally big enough I tried her in her bouncer today. I went to the bathroom for a second and heard her crying in the next room. A minute later when I got to her, I discovered that this was Neela our dog's answer to "helping" her new sister when she cries! I guess Neela must think that Brynn would like some of her doggie toys to make her feel better. Neela always was a sharing dog. She even takes her toys to her own reflection in the mirror, LOL!

45 comments:

Hilary said...

Aww that is soooo cute!! that Neela :)

Anonymous said...

Dogs can be so cute. They do things that I am sure they think out. We keep our 'Granddog' when our daughter goes on vacation. Of course here we let him sit on the sofa which he can not do at home. When we visited out daughter one day their dog jumped on the forbidden chair and sat next to me. I guess he figured I was his protection or his permission to do this. My son in law saw this and just rolled his eyes.

Jen said...

That is the sweetest thing. I can only hope my puppy is as sweet, and not jealous!

Anonymous said...

Guess you don't need to worry about leaving the two of them alone! How adorable! She's been bringing toys since Brynn was in the womb!

Kelly Hutcheson said...

Your dog did that?????????? Wow, that's incredibly sweet! I love your dog! And Brynn! What a sweet story!!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

What a sweetheart. Great picture, ah Neela, what a cutie pie like her lil'Sis and Mom.

Debz said...

Oh Sara that is the sweetest and funniest thing. Neela is the bestest big sister ever!!

Michelle said...

OMG how cute is that!!!!

Two Shorten the Road said...

That is really cute. You and Brynn are my inspiration -- such a great happy ending.

Meghan said...

that is too sweet. Brynn is going to love playing with her sister

Jen said...

omg! That is so adorable! What a nice doggie sister neela is! I wonder if she'll give brynn little doggie back rides soon. :)

Cara said...

And - the fact that you let her cry while going for the camera...means...you are the best mommy in the world!

Thanks for sharing both of them with us!

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

de-lurking to say that is the sweetest, most caring thing i've ever heard of a dog doing! what a fabulous dog neela must be. you are so lucky to have her (..and your beautiful daughter too)!
natalie
www.oldgeorgiahouse.com

Mazzy said...

This is hilarious!! So adorable, made me LOL.
My poor little dog is going to be SO JEALOUS of the baby, I already know it!
*hugs*

SmartAssMom said...

That is so funny!

Sully said...

That is adorable. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Super adoreable! I can't believe Neela put them right up there! They will be best buds, I can tell!

Mel said...

I'm laughing so hard I think I may have just peed myself...but only a little. :) Neela is awesome! That's one of the most precious things I've ever seen. What a good sister!

MrsSpock said...

LOL what a good doggie.

Cibele said...

OMG, that is so sweet!!! Brynn and Neela will have so much fun!!!!!!!

nancy said...

omg! That's so super cute!

Amanda said...

That is the sweetest thing!!!!

Mandy said...

How cute is that?!

JW Moxie said...

Oh my goodness. I am tearing up at the adorable thoughtfulness of Neela! So sweet!

SassyCupcakes said...

That is so cute. I love it. :)

Jill said...

Sara...that is the sweetest thing ever. What a precious puppy you have! Neela should be rewarded for effort. :)

((HUGS))

Just Me. said...

AWWWWWWW....that sweet thing!!! Neela's such a sweetie!!!

3 Davis Girls said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chastity said...

Oh my...that is so stinkin' sweet!

Candi said...

Totally adorable. If Carter is on his tummy mat, Bianca will lay there and not move until he is up.

Lost in Space said...

Awwww, that is too stinking sweet. What cute little buddies!

battynurse said...

How cute that she brought Brynn her toys.

astral said...

I'm happy that Neela is so kind to Brynn. Adorable!

TylerandBrianne said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!! That is the cutest thing I have ever seen.

edie & ella said...

too sweet........see you are already a seasoned mommy!!! You ran for the camera before picking up the crying baby........AWESOME!!!

Mary said...

How sweete! I'm glad the family is doing well:)

Anonymous said...

Just too adorable!

mrsmuelly said...

First off, congratulations!!! I skimmed the birth / hospital stories and am so glad that everything went "well"!

Secondly, this is the most precious thing every. What a lovely memory with your LO covered in doggie toys :-)

Carrie27 said...

Neela is such human! LOL!

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh! That is hilarious!!!!! Gus won't share his toys with anybody, but he does go and lay by the babies' crib or bouncies throughout the day.

Claire said...

Thinking of you...

You really are blessed to have such a beautiful baby and a beautiful furry baby too!

Hugs,
Claire

SAHW said...

soooo cute! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG that is just too sweet! Happy due date! What a miracle she is!

Heather said...

How sweet!

Anonymous said...

That is totally adorable and sweet!!! I think that my little furbaby will be extremely jealous WHENEVER we bring home our little one one day! He is so used to being the spoiled baby, he will not want to share the limelight!!!