Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday 33 weeks

Just another quick update (seems like that's my favorite way to start posts these days!) We have another growth scan and ultrasound BPP around dinnertime tonight - so I'm excited to catch another glimpse of our little girl and to see how she's growing. Still hanging in there contracting away similar to my strip I posted in my last post. Still vomiting quite a bit - I just wish I could get it to stop. We talked about possibly not waiting until early next week when I turn 34 weeks now if I continue to lose more ground due to not being able to keep anything down. Just trying to take my zofran and reglan around the clock and even benadryl here and there due to it's slight antiemetic effect. I can still do water and jello sometimes which is something at least I guess. I want so badly just to suck it up and just get to 34 weeks because I know that is what everyone really wants for her. I think a lot will depend on our little girl's growth scan later today as well. Thank you again for all of your kind words, thoughts and prayers. They make all of the difference in the world.

51 comments:

Carrie27 said...

Don't feel as if you are letting any one down if you don't make it to 34 weeks. You have and are doing an amazing job staying strong for you and Brynn.

KatieM said...

You are such a strong woman and have gone through so much to get to this point. You just do what is best for YOUR body and Brynn regardless of whether you hit that 34 week mark. Just go with your instinct....you are already her mommy ya know ;-)

Anonymous said...

I know you are tough, but this has got to be pretty hard--I can't imagine teh havoc this is wrecking on your body to grow her and not be able to get any nutrition yourself. You have made it so far--I hope you can be gentle with yourself if you all decide that delivering her is best.

Anonymous said...

You're an amazing mother & woman, Sara! You're doing a fantastic job for your miracle baby girl Brynn. Continuing to pray for you - and checking in on you every day!

MrsSpock said...

I hope your growth scan goes well. It must be utterly miserable to have such a case of the pukes. You have come so far already!

Mandy said...

Please don't feel that you are dissapointing anyone, you have done an amazing job the last 7 months. I hate vomiting, so I can't imagine being that sick, I don't think I could be as strong as you. The doctors know what they are doing, so trust their instints. You have done a GREAT job!! Keep your head up. ((hugs))

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Oh, Sara, I wish your n/v would calm down. Is there an acupuncturist in the house to give you some tx? I worked w/an anesthesiologist who was a licensed Acupuncturist, pain mgmt specialist who used to see our Hyperemesis mommies. It helped the meds work. Enough a$$vice, Big ((Hugs)), Sending my best to two sweethearts.

Debz said...

Your a trooper! I can only imagine how hard this has all been.
Interested to see what the growth scan says and if this changes any course of treatment (i.e. will they deliver you before next week?)

Stay strong Sara - you're in the home stretch. :)

Jen said...

Sara, that's the mommy guilt kicking in. You are doing your absolute best, you've got to remember that your health is just as important as hers. You've got to be able to keep yourself healthy, so you can pass it on to her. No one is going to be let down. I can tell you that after the twins were born I worried that maybe I could have done it longer, maybe I could have done better. In the end I found out that me feeling bad about it didn't change anything, just put me in a bad mood. You are doing your best, you are giving it your all, 33+ weeks is AWESOME, hang in there Sara, your new beginning is near!

Anonymous said...

You have done an amazing job getting this far. Please remember that your body and your health important too. You need to be healthy so you can take care of the baby when she is born. Your baby has done great so far... and she will continue to do so after she is born, whenever that is. Don't worry about hitting 34 weeks, just do what is best for both of you. Best wishes and I'll be thinking of you!

Tammy

I Believe in Miracles said...

Thanks for the update. Will pray that you can get some food in and help keep the food down so you can hit the 34 week mark. Regardless, you've done an amazing job!!!
Stay strong.
***HUGS***

battynurse said...

Hoping all goes well with the scan and the BPP. I agree with the others who say not to feel like you are letting anyone down if you don't make it to 34 weeks.

AwkwardMoments said...

You are doing way beyond your best. You just make sure to focus on that. You are an amazing women and you will carry that into motherhood. You just let those drs, nurses and family take care of you both

Tara said...

You are doing fantastic. More than most of us could endure, I'm sure.

Hang in there.

Cibele said...

You are doing so great my friend, you should be very proud of yourself!!!! because we all are! I hope that the growth scan bring great news!!!!

Jen said...

I think you are doing a fabulous job and whenever Brynn comes, she comes. And I'm rooting for a Halloween baby, just because birthday parties would be fun.

Aunt Becky said...

You're letting no one down. You've been through so much to get where you are right now. You couldn't love that girl any more if you tried.

Hang in there, Sara. Love you lots.

edie & ella said...

Happy 33.5 weeks...we are all so proud of you for making it so far. If you and the docs decide you have reached a point where Spot will do better out than in don't beat yourself up because you have done a phenomenal job...an awesome mommy you are.
Grow Spot Grow.....sam

Irish Girl said...

Thinking of you Sara. You are so amazing for getting this far. If 34 weeks is the goal, then I wish that for you, but at this point I think you've already given your daughter every possible advantage. I am so happy for you -- you've made it, girl. Well done.

Sully said...

You do what you need to do to keep you and this baby healthy. You are so strong, Sara - I don't know if I'd be able to get through what you're experiencing. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

*hugs*

Heather Moore said...

You've done awesome Sara! I'll keep the prayers coming for you two!

Jen said...

You're her mom Sara. You above anyone have her best interests at heart so trust God to lead you to the right decision. No one loves her like you do, but no one loves YOU or HER like He does. I know you'll be responsible in finding out all you can about your options, so then trust yourself to make a decision! We'll be praying!

electriclady said...

Yes, 34 weeks would be good but 33 weeks is AMAZING and you should be so proud of yourself for having made it this far. Brynn will do great no matter what and she is lucky to have such a strong and determined mommy. Hang in there!

Peeveme said...

Nobody could blame you for thinking you like you'd can't keep this up much longer. Thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

You've done a wonderful job so far, don't you worry! Brynn will be just fine. Your doctors sound like they have done a fantastic job watching over you and I'm sure they'll know the right thing to do. Hugs to you!

Cara said...

What a job you have done getting your little girl here! See - she's still inside you and you are already the best mother ever.

xoxo

Soapchick said...

You are absolutely amazing Sara and have made it longer than anyone expected you too! Great job!

Mazzy said...

You are doing great, honey!! For what it's worth, my BFFE had her son at 33 weeks (after weeks of being in the hospital and multiple rounds of mag) and not only was he out of the NICU in less than 2 weeks, he is a massive, happy 2 year old today!!!!
*hugs*

Candi said...

You really are doing a great job. A lot of women would've given up by now. You're an awesome mom, Sara. Brynn is lucky to have you. I wish I could do my bedrest right next to you...then we could cheer each other on from the same room!! Either way, I'm a huge fan!!

Evil Stepmonster said...

Hang in there Sara you're doing an amazing job. Just a few more days... Grow Baby Girl Grow

Mel said...

Yipee! I *heart* quick updates with good news! Can't wait to hear how the scan and ultrasound looked.

Thanks again for your kind comments on my blog...you never fail to make me smile and leave my heart at peace. Thinking of and praying for you all. *hugs*

Erin said...

You are amazing. I think the sacrifices you've made so far are wonderful. I can't imagine how hard it is, but it will all be worth it very soon. Hang in there!

Geohde said...

Ack- nausea is one of the very worst feelings. Worse than pain for me....

Hang in there, and I've got my fingers crossed for you and Brynn,

J

Just Me. said...

Everyday, I click on your blog and go, I HOPE SHE'S DOING OK. I know you're doing ok but you know I'm such a worry wart that I'm here worrying for you too.

You're such a fighter and I wish I had half your strength. Here I am battling such a bad cough and cold but yet I can't seem to think straight. And there you are- just such a trooper! Brynn's one lucky girl to have such a great mum and I'm sure when you finally get to see her, I'll be in tears..tears of joy and happiness for both of you.

(((((hugs))))

HereWeGoAJen said...

You have come so far already! If Brynn has ten percent of your strength, she is going to do fantastic. You are nearly there.

Chastity said...

Well, if you don't make it all the way to 34 weeks...what's a few days anyway? She's going to do great!

nancy said...

Goodness Sara. I would ~normally~ tell anyone who is pregnant to suck it up and try to hold it together as long as possible, but hearing how terrible it is for you and understanding how it could actually be worse for her inside than outside, damn. I'm all confuddled myself, I can't imagine how conflicted your feelings must be. But I know the doctors will make the very best decisions for you and you will just have to accept their guidance (which I already know you are doing).

Giant ~hugs~ for you and wow. I'm sitting here not knowing how to comfort you! You have done SO freaking well. What a story you are going to be able to tell Brynn when she's older!

Mainly a midwife said...

Way to go Sara. You are a trooper and one tough gal.

Morrisa said...

You are one tough cookie! My church has been praying like crazy for you (I hope that's okay) and I am always getting e-mails saying "How's Sara?" So just know there are lots of people out there thinking about you, even ones that don't know you.

Heather said...

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so poorly when it comes to keeping food down. Hang in there. Me and many others are praying for you.

A - said...

You are a superstar! Sorry you are feeling so crummy. I hope the BPP and growth scan went well yesterday. Hugs!

Kathy said...

Thinking of you and pulling for you, Sara! Wish you could feel better through all of this. Hope you got great news at the scan last night. xoxo

KandiB said...

I'm visiting from ICLW and just floored at how much you have gone through with this pregnancy. You poor thing! Gosh...I hope all goes well and your sweet little bundle of goodness arrives soon.

JW Moxie said...

Sara, I'm checking your blog obsessively now. You're not letting ANYONE down if you deliver earlier than 34 weeks! You've done so very much already and it's amazing that you've made it this far. Your babygirl is proud of you, and I am, too! I have a little somethin'-somethin' for you over on my blog, Sara! Keep your chin up. *wink*

Kristine said...

So glad you are still hanging in there!

Echloe said...

Adding you and your baby girl to my prayer list. Hang in there.

ICLW

Jill said...

Three words...

You are amazing.

I'm so proud of you.

((HUGS))

Kristin said...

Wow...with everything you have been through this pregnancy, I don't see how anyone could consider it giving up. Prayers for you and Brynn.

Erin said...

Hi there, still reading along and hoping for the best for you and Brynn. I love that name btw.

You are doing such a great job, I don't know if I could do it.

ICLW.

Two Shorten the Road said...

34 weeks is awesome!

I'm checking your blog twice a day now, waiting for the big news. :)

Anonymous said...

You are an extremely amazing person.

HUGS!

ICLW