This week is off to a great start. We had a BPP and growth scan yesterday and our little girl is finally 3 pounds! Music to my ears. She still looks great as far as not having any prolonged drops in her heart rate decel wise and my contractions are definitely tolerable on the procardia still. Still every 5 minutes or so, but tolerable. Sleep has still been going well because my contractions are under control and as before I've been able to only get woken up maybe 4-5 times with stronger ones. What a relief and a big difference getting some sleep makes these days!
Brynn currently has decided that her most comfortable position is the frank breech (butt down - feet up near her head) position. We all joke about this because she has been nestled in this position for quite some time now and despite my uterus's nasty attempts to expel her from inside - Brynn seems quite content resting in this position and not wanting to leave her sleeping quarters, lol! I think Brynn is also happy that if she is going to be stuck in one position in my small uterus - at least she got stuck with both her feet and her arms near her face. She seems to love to still suck on her feet and now she has 24 hour access. No wonder she is happy staying put - she probably is as satisfied with having access to her favorite treats 24 hours a day in the same way I get this rush of happiness over Starbucks that are open 24 hours.
I got the nicest surprise from my mom the other day. Growing up - I was very close with my godparents. My godmother was my mom's best friend from childhood, they then went to high school together, both became nurses, and our families grew up around each other as well. Both my mom and my godmother worked as labor and delivery nurses over the years side by side at the hospital I now work at as well. It's also the same labor and delivery department that I've spent several weeks at during this pregnancy. My mom has long since retired, and my godmother no longer works there either. But part of this things I feel blessed to have is to be cared for by nurses and staff that worked with both my mom and godmother over the years - people who knew them both. About 10 years ago my godmother lost her battle with cancer. Watching her struggle with that battle was difficult for everyone, but of course I know most of all for her. She had just seen the last of her four children grow up and complete college before her passing. It's almost like she felt her job as a mom - the job she valued over any other job she did - was somewhat complete and it was okay for her to go now. Not that a job as a mother ever ends, but she maybe felt satisfied knowing her youngest was done through a major point in her life.
My godmother cared for me as she did all four of her own children. She was truly like having another mom to me. The other day my mom gave me a package that my godmother had put together for me when she was sick, near the end of her battle with cancer. Inside I found a baby blanket she had made for me, along with a note, and a photo. My godmother had wrapped all of them up to be given to me when I had my own child one day because she knew she wouldn't be around when that time came. The blanket is beautiful - but the note and photo is what I will cherish most. In the photo it is her holding me when I was born because my mom was very sick for a few days after delivering me. My mom had uterine inversion with me and had lost a lot of blood in the delivery with me requiring her to go to the OR and have a few rough days following my birth. In her note, my godmother wrote how even though she wouldn't be around when I had my first child, she would always be watching over us and to know that she would always be with us.
I don't think I could ever put a price tag on this package my mom gave me from my godmother. I have felt so many times over the last few months that we had a little guardian angel or someone watching over us, and I know she is one of those people. When I first needed to pick an OB as a teenager because I had a problem with ovarian cysts that I ended up needing a surgery for - my godmother quickly told me who to go to. Since she had worked in labor and delivery as a nurse and knew the doctors like the back of her hand - she recommended a "great new OB, just out of his residency who hopefully I could see for years to come." She described him as both a very good doctor, but more importantly one of the nicest most caring ones she had seen come through in years. So of course this is who I started seeing, and this is the same doctor who I so fondly talk of now and is my current OB through this bumpy pregnancy. I often wonder if part of why we have gotten so far is at least partially due to my OB being on top of things from day one. Once again, kind of like she has continued to help me long after she passed away.
Most of all, I now understand that what she gave me also is a great example to try to follow. There is nothing she didn't do for her family and her children. Anyone who knew her knew all about her children even if they had never met her kids. My godmother talked constantly about all four of them - so anyone she met felt like they knew her kids as well. I know I will never be half the mom she was - but she has left me with a great example of what one can be.

50 comments:
What a great update. Hurray for 3 lb!!
I'm in tears from that amazing package you received. Wow!
Oh, how wonderful! That is just the sweetest thing I have heard.
I'm glad Brynn is getting bigger and letting you get some sleep.
Oh what a touching surprise. How amazing your godmother was to think to do that. Some people truly are angels. I'm so happy you had her for as long as you did.
Yeah Brynn is a porker!
that does sound like one extraordinary woman.
glad to hear the brynn is happy to stick around there and suck her little toesies. when you do get to meet her you'll see what all the fuss was about. babies toesies are yummo!
well, sh!t. Now I'm crying at work. What a beautiful gift your godmother left for you. And what a great story to tell Brynn when she's old enough to understand about her guardian angel.
What a beautiful story! YAY for 3 pounds!
Okay, I'm sitting here crying while reading this about your godmother. How special, Sara...what a wonderful gift to always remind you of her and to be able to share this story with Brynn when she is older. Truly priceless.
I'm so happy that Brynn is fattening up. :)
((HUGS))
Aw, well now you made me cry at work. :)
Glad to hear Brynn is fattening up! Hang in there!
What a sweet woman your godmother must have been! Gifts to cherish forever!
Glad to hear Brynn broke the 3lb mark! Good job mama!
YAY for Brynn! Keep growing little one keep growing!
What an amazing gift you received to help you through this difficult time.
How powerful of a gift. I enjoyed your update so very much & wanted to let you know!
Congrats on the 3 pound mark!
Yeah for 3 lbs!!! LGS Brynn is Super Baby! God Bless your Godmother, what a beautiful story. Thank so much for sharing, what a treasure. They are with us always and love truly does live on.
That story made me cry. I'm so happy for you to have such a precious treasure. It also made me miss my BFF and her son, who is my godson. I'm so glad you have that treasure.
I like my lunch with tears, thankyouverymuch! No, seriously, so happy you got such a great gift from her. What an incredible woman she was.
And GO BRYNN! I love the 3lb mark.
That is about the coolest thing ever. You hear those stories in forwarded emails, about how someone who had passed had done something for someone before they died. And here you are who got it. And your mom saved it for you for over 10 years. Wow. I'm just so touched by that.
And congrats to Brynn for hitting the 3 lb mark!
That has to be one of the most beautiful stories I have ever heard! I know I am emotional, but it brought tears to my eyes.
3 lbs-yeah!!!! Keep fighting! You are such an example of what strength and courage is.
What a touching story and wonderful gift to have received. Good growing mommy and Brynn, you're both doing great.
What a great update and a great story. You must feel so loved to have a godmother to think into the future for you like that. She sounds like she was an amazing women.
Rock on, Brynn with your 3 pounds and your primo fluid levels. Seems everybody is doing their part for the family.
m
So glad you've got a little porker in there ;)
and what a wonderful story, brought me to tears
Grow Spot Grow...3 pounds way to go...
Great post about your Godmother..what a wonderful gift. What a great secret your mom has kept from you.....truly wonderful gift!!!!!SAM
Oh my gosh what a beautiful gift! I'm trying not to cry here at work! What a wonderful godmother!
Oh my...a tear jerker!! What a lovely gift. Something that you can explain to Brynn when she is old enough. People can leave such joy even after they are gone! I'm sure she is watching over you right now.
Wow! That is truly a wonderful gift. Gosh, I've got a lump in my throat.
I too hope that I can be as thoughtful as she and with a role-model like her, you are going to be a terrific mom, too.
p.s. congratulations, Brynn, on reaching 3 pounds!
Lucky for me I work from home AND I'm not wearing mascara at the moment1 What a beutiful story, and how lucky you are to have such a wonderful godmother.
That is a beautiful story and I'm all teary. What a precious package your mom delivered to you. That is priceless.
I'm in tears, Sara. What a beautiful tribute to share. I'm sure your godmother is looking down on you (and Brynn!) right now and beaming with pride.
Couldn't be any happier for 3 lbs. Yipee! :)
Glad to hear Brynn is at 3 lbs!!! And so sorry for the loss of your godmother. What a beautiful present she left for your and your little girl. I was all misty-eyed reading your story
Oh, goodness - the tears. This is the sweetest thing ever, Sara. You are so lucky to have had and still have a woman like your godmother in your life. So touching.
Congrats to Brynn on making it up past 3 lbs!
Wow. I am sobbing reading about your godmother.
SOOOO glad to hear you are doing well and Brynn has reached the 3lb mark! That is fabulous!!
31 weeks!!!
Jumping a happy dance for you, I love reading about how Brynn is still in utero!
xx
J
What an awesome story! So glad you have such amazing people in your life. You are doing so good, Sara. Keep it up!
What a touching story - I'm all teary-eyed here at work.
I always keep you, Brynn and your husband in my prayers.
goodness, you sure now how to bring on those waterworks. What a fantastic gift. So sweetly thought out and touching.
YAH for 3 lbs. Grow lil one grow
I also believe that things happen for a reason, you certainly do have angels looking out for you and your family. I'm so glad Bynn is getting big! My boys were 3.3 and 3.12 ( at 31 weeks)when they were born. They are now in the 100% for height. They grow fast even when they start little! Keep up the good work and the positive energy is still coming your way!
YAY for 3 pounds!
Thanks for sharing such a touching story!
That is a great update on the pounds for miss brynn!!!!! Your Godmother special box is so touching...what a great treasure :) Still praying for you like crazy :)
Oh Sara, what a beautiful gift! I can't even imagine how wonderful it was to receive :)
That's just such a sweet surprise!!! Your godmother sounds like a lovely woman. It's really such an awesome and touching story!
I am so happy that Brynn n you are doing so well. I click on your blog everyday to see if you're doing ok.
ps I just realised I called her Brynn and not Spot! :) I like the name Spot, but I love the name Brynn better. :)
((((((hugs)))))
This brought me to tears, what a special gift!! Im so glad you got to have that to cherish.
This brought me to tears, what a special gift!! Im so glad you got to have that to cherish.
What an amazing story...thanks for sharing. No doubt you will be an amazing mommy.
Still reading, just sometimes no handed or one handed, so no way to post comments. Still thinking of you!
OMG - crying @ work! That is so sweet of her to think of during such a horrible time for herself. That goes to show you what a truly wonderful, special person she was.
What a wonderful story. I never had GodParents. You are so lukcy! I love your new look on your blog too!
What a beautiful story! How special to have had that relationship with her, and how sweet of her to have thought ahead for your baby. :)
Your godmother sounds like an incredible and amazing woman. What a special gift she left you.
So glad to read that Brynn is gaining weight and things are going well for both of you!
Wow, Sara, that is an incredible gift. I have no doubt that your godmother is one of your guardian angels. Truly beautiful. Thanks for sharing this.
I am thrilled to see you and Brynn doing so well. You are such a trooper!! I love seeing your ticker count down too - 60 days until your due date!! Brynn sure sounds pretty snug and happy these days. (:
Love your new layout... happy 31.5 weeks........WAY TO GO!!!!
GROW SPOT GROW........just a few more weeks...!!! sam
I like the new look! No news is good news, right? Can I have some of those contractions? hehe
I love reading your blog. Your story as it progresses gives me hope that I'll be able to have another child, even though we now know that I have only half of a uterus, like you have. So it's really encouraging to read about what's happening with you and Baby Brynn. I'm so happy and excited for you!
Post a Comment