Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday pampering

Things are still going well! I'll try to give some brief update points so I don't bog you all down with too much boring detail :-) Had another growth scan - Brynn is growing well about 3 lbs 13oz which is fabulous. She continues to make good progress on a linear curve for her own growth so that is perfect. So the plan continues to let her grow as long as I am stable for the moment. The constant contractions and nausea and vomiting are not pleasant, but they are not any worse and I am stable. So the plan is to let her continue to grow and develop as best as possible. It is the least I can do for Brynn to give her the time to grow and develop as best as she can (at least until the end of next week - 35 wks).
My mom called and Neela our dog that my parents are watching must had fallen (who the heck knows how - she is always jumping on and off of things)and hurt her back leg and hip a bit. This involved a trip to our vet which is a good 45 minutes away and on the opposite side of the city from my parents. My husband and mom did doggie juggling and exchanged Neela in her duffle bag carrying case a few times yesterday to make an emergency appointment possible. Neela is fine- just kind of limping a lot and on a steroid dose pack for a partially compressed L5 disc. The vet said with rest - our furchild will be just fine and it's not a major injury thank heavens. But I felt terrible knowing that I couldn't help out when she was hurting - you know....doggie mommy guilt :-) Thank you to those who have asked how my husband is doing with everything. My husband is doing okay, but I know he is running on a low
tank most days. He packs up anything I might need him to bring to me for later in the day, tries to put in a day of work (north end of city), grabs dinner on the way to see me, and travels to the hospital (southern suburb), spends the evening with me and helps me with things I need, and leaves to go home to sleep on weekdays around 10:30. He then travels back home to the northern suburbs and repeats. On the weekends he tries to catch up on some of his laundry and mail, bills, etc, and picks up his dry cleaning dress clothes for the next work week. He also is my jello and broth runner backup to my mom, LOL! I am so thankful for all he does and I almost think it'll be easier once the baby gets here and we are all in one place together. My mom comes every afternoon to help me with things during that part of the day, bring me things I need, and help me take a shower so I don't ruin my precious IV sites. Did I mention I love my family? My grandparents, dad and sister have been in a lot to see me as well which is great. And tonight my great friend M might stop up - I can't wait to see her if it works out.

Today I kind of got a little selfish and spent part of the day pampering myself a bit. I think it did a lot to lift my mood - so I guess it was time and money well spent. Right now I feel guilty thinking about doing things for myself when I know most of the focus should be on our little girl - but I just couldn't help myself once I got started, LOL! I did some online shopping from Athleta - one of my favorite sporty clothing stores. I bought this coat, and then saw these hat and gloves I couldn't resist! All machine washable so if the little kiddo decides
to spit up I'll be all set. Next I ordered two pale pink stackable storage units from Land of Nod for Brynn's room that match her bedding and color scheme. Then I found some nice long sleeve T - shirts from Lands End that actually come in a size tall. I bought a few pretty colors of those as well.

Well, that's all for now. Thanks again for always checking in with us and as always the good thoughts and prayers. Our little girl and I really appreciate it and we think of everyone who takes the time to do so. Well - I know I'm speaking for Brynn. But you know she would love to be able to blow you baby raspberries in thanks if she could!

29 comments:

Jen said...

Great update! Glad you're both hanging in there. And it sounds like you have a real gem of a husband, too, as both you and Brynn deserve!

battynurse said...

So glad that things are continuing to go well for you and Brynn. And wow! Almost 35 weeks. Hugs to you and to all your family.

admin said...

Yeah!! Was feeling worried for you this afternoon. 3 + 13 is so freaking great. She is on the cusp of 4 - which is awesome. 35 weeks is right around the corner!!! Can you believe it?

xoxox
m

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Here's a raspberry *Blmmmpt* to Miss Brynn, how adorable. I love, love, love Athleta, best workout clothes, they last forever, and tres fashionable! Nice choices on your shopping trip including the storage units which will be so handy. I am so sorry about your precious Neela, here's my best for a quick recovery. Also, ((Hugs)) to J, being a great dad like he is starts waaay before birth. Thank for the great news about Brynn's growth scan (4 lbs here we come!!) and your stable clinical status. Keep up the great work, here for you.
Okay, Joke time-

What do you call a pumpkin that's been dropped?

Squash.

(I can feel you shaking your head in disgust all through cyperspace, I know. ;oD)

ttfn- Martha

Emily (Apron Strings) said...

Sheesh, I'm exhausted just reading what hubby does on a daily basis! He's a good guy, that man of yours.

As for pampering yourself. You deserve it! Thank G*d for the internet ... makes shopping a breeze now!

And poor Neela! If I could, I'd give her a big puppy hug!

Glad that Brynn is doing well and I'm still sending good thoughts your way.

Soapchick said...

Oh poor little Neela! I hope she feels better soon. You have a wonderful husband, I am so glad he is Mr. Awesome! Keep baking Sara, it won't be long now!

Heather Moore said...

Poor Neela. Hope she's feeling better, quick! 3.13 rocks. Awesome job! You and your husband are amazing. Good job chica!

Anonymous said...

Great news! You really had me thinking you might deliver, but of course, you pulled it out of teh crapper!
Your purchases make me wish I lived in cooler climate. I loved all the winter clothing when I lived back east...

HereWeGoAJen said...

You picked out cute stuff! Remember, pampering you is pampering Brynn, so go for it! Whatever makes you feel better is good for her too. (See, now you have full permission to go shopping.)

Poor Neela. I'm sure she'll be back to normal in no time.

Michelle said...

I am so glad you all are dong so well. You are doing such a great job you deserve all the pampering you can get! Keep hanging in there. I hope your dog is feeling better soon. Hugs to all!

Geohde said...

Woo-hoo!!! Still preggers :)

SO very happy for you and your family, my dear.

Oh, and Iknow of a woman with a uu who is pregnant after 3 years- would it be okay to tell her about your blog?

J

Cibele said...

you deserve this pampering!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen said...

Sara, You are doing so wonderfully fabulous!! Who would have thought, almost 35 weeks and hanging. My dr says the p17 makes a world of difference. I was a contracting mad woman, and they induced me.

Good for you for a little online shopping, you deserve. And props to your family, they sound wonderful!

Mandy said...

I was worring about you this week. I am glad to hear everything is going well once again. You are a trooper, and your husband deserves an award. He gets the Husband of the Year. Don't feel bad about doing something for yourself, it's helping both of you in the long run if it is keeping your spirits up.

sarah23 said...

Brynn's growth sounds fabulous!
4 lbs... let's make it 5!

I was so worried about you guys a few weeks ago, and I'm finally starting to relax, I think...

Thanks for your explanation about the nausea in my blog, BTW. :)

Cute jacket and hat, too. I've never even heard of that brand, actually, but I like it.

Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful how your husband is going through this with you, supporting you. You sound like a good team. And honey, after all you've been through, you don't need to worry about being selfish buying yourself some new things. Once Brynn is born, you're going to get your life back, and that is reason to celebrate.

Carrie27 said...

Brynn is getting so big! That's great!

It's amazing to see how far you have come from the beginning of this pregnancy, you deserve all the pampering in the world!

Meghan said...

Your updates make me so happy!! So glad Brynn in growing like a champ and you're hanging in there. And for goodness sake, if anyone deserves a day of pampering it's you!!

Anonymous said...

so glad all is stable and growing well. and pamper all you want you deserve all that and more. growing, caring for, worrying about and keeping a baby where it belongs before birth is HARD work in a normal pregnancy, you do all that ten fold!

JJ said...

Glad you are doing well, Sara! I think of you both every day=)

Heather said...

Glad everything is doing well. Keep up the good work! Love the jacket and hat. They look very cozy!

Mel said...

As always, thanks for the update! I loved the pictures in your previous post. I've now decided that it's physically impossible for you to look unhappy/crabby/frazzled!

Whew. So glad precious little Neela is OK. I'm sure GMa and GPa are taking great care of her!

Hope you enjoyed every moment of the pampering. You deserved it! *hugs*

Miss said...

Great update! I hope Neela is feeling better today :) I just had to let you know - I shared your story with my Mom a few weeks ago, and I've updated her from time to time. I was talking to her this morning and she asked about you. She's so happy to hear that all is going well too. Just wanted to let you know that someone who has never seen a blog is pulling for you :) Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

it sounds as if you are doing well. I'm glad you got some pampering in, and it would be absolutely fantastic if you could make it to the end of 35 weeks! Who would have thought all those weeks ago? You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers (as well as Brynn and your family).

Irish Girl said...

Awesome! Things are going so well, Sarah! Keep us posted and take good care of yourself! (I LOVE Athleta, too!)

Chastity said...

Don't you dare feel guilty for buying things for yourself. You've been through a lot, and you deserve a little pampering. I just wish I'd known you were buying something from Land's End. I have a free shipping code, and today is the last day to use it.

kaaron said...

I am so excited you are almost at 35 weeks! You are doing so fabulous, and great to hear she is growing. I can only marvel at your progress.

nancy said...

omg - don't you just ~love~ land of nod? I have spent so much money there, it's just ridiculous.

Tons of love and hugs from my little part of the world to you and brynn (and hell, your whole family)!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you guys are doing well!!!

I've been thinking of you often! Not too much longer now!