Today we had our last IUI before our IVF process scheduled to start next cycle. Originally our RE didn't think we'd even be able to have one this cycle due to my mild OHSS last cycle and ruptured cyst but low and behold we actually had three huge follicles on my left side...my connected UU side! So we did out fourth IUI today, I had a new nurse to do it..and absolutely loved her! She warmed up the speculum all nice and I didn't have any cramping afterwards at all. And to boot...I was off from work today! Our last three cycles I wasn't so lucky :-)
My close friend and assistant manager at work paged then called me while we were having our IUI. While I was laying there for the 20 minutes afterwards, I called her back and we talked. I guess if this cycle actually works...I guess I'll be able to say she was there for the conception of our child..haha...just trying to make light of the situation! As reproductive jeans put....I thought only two people were needed to make a baby. I'm now learning that it's so many more than that!
I've told a few close friends to keep their fingers crossed...I then thought they should keep their toes crossed too...what the heck cross anything you've got. I'll take any of it if it keeps us out of the IVF journey! The only bad thing about this cycle is the date that I'm due to find out if I start or if I'm pregnant. My hubby will be in China for work. It'll be hard to get the news alone. I can call and email, but it's not the same. I'll have to camp out at my sister's or my best friend's if the news is not good. But if it is...then hubby will learn he's going to be a dad a half a world away! Strange I know. Strange because he couldn't be there for the IUI...and won't be there when we find out if we're pregnant. So much for getting pregnant the old fashioned way! Guess you don't have to be together for the process to unfold. All that said...he's been my rock and along side me every step of the way. We've never been closer. Although work for both of us can be a pain..it pays the bills and makes the fertility journey a reality that is possible.

9 comments:
I'll be prayin hard, girl! Keep us updated! I hope you're feeling ok (I have no idea if an IUI is physically uncomfortable). Sleep tight!
Good luck with this 2ww! My husband almost had to be out of town for our first IUI, I thought it was crazy that I could potentially get pregnant with him states away. But around the world, that must be some sort of record. He can make all sorts of super sperm jokes!
3 follicles is awesome! Wow! That is better than you could have hoped for on injectibles and a whole lot cheaper. I am so glad you are having your last shot at IUI as a REALLY good shot. That is what I had hoped for when I did the injectibles/IUI cycle. Go girl! I so hope this works for you...
I sent you an email on 1/21. Did you get it? I just resent it again, so you should have my email address. I wonder if it got in your spam folder? Hmmm. If you don't get it, let me know. I look forward to "catching up"!
I wishing you much luck this cycle. Things sound great with the three follies on the correct side!
Best of luck to you with this cycle! Actually, I wish you more than luck. 3 follies is great! Am glad that you get to be off of work and chillax! Keeping all possible body parts crossed.
Hoping so much for you!
OH YEAH!! That is good news about this IUI - i am crossing and saying prayers
Good luck. I hope you dodge IVF.
I'm crossing everything here for you. Every little bit helps. Good luck!!!
Post a Comment