Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cooking lessons 101

I've continued on my cooking as relaxation therapy. Two days ago I made a great lemon herb crusted salmon with japenese panko bread crumbs. The panko bread crumbs were so much more flaky and light than normal bread crumbs they were so yummy! I tried roasting instead of broiling and it turned out great! Today I made spinach mushroom ricotta manicotti. Again it turned out so yummy! I even used the lighter ricotta and lighter shredded cheese and parmesan so it would be a little healthier with the whole wheat pasta shells.

Oh yeah...on a different note..I've continued the quieter version of our fertility journey. I've had a couple of people ask me how things were going. I said we were taking a break, even though we're marching towards IVF soon (which I'm excited for). It was so nice, because the conversation quickly changed to topics that I would had discussed with them pre-infertility journey like vacations...TV, movies...gossip...whatever.... It's so nice that people focus on our relationship as coworker, friend, whatever outside of the whole fertility issues...there is so much more to me than this!

This weekend my husband's parents and my husband's cousin and wife are coming in from out of state for dinner Saturday. We're going out to eat to a restaurant that they like, but I have to come up with something for dessert. I usually make a mean cheesecake...but I'm trying to think of something different. Does anyone have any suggestions?

9 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

You are making me hungry! I am going to make something with ground chicken tonight. Any good ideas?

Anonymous said...

Make fruit with dip!

Ball scoop or carve fruits! Berries, apples, melons, etc.

Dip:
1 8 oz. cream cheese (room temp)
1 container cool whip
1 container dannon yogurt w/fruit on bottom
Whip all to make dip!

(If in season can use melons for the vessel!)

Sever dip cold.

P.s. I am the mom of MonogrammedMom and I love my job , too !

Jan 20th Nat'l. Gas Passer Week !
We rock!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AwkwardMoments said...

GO you! Take back your life!

KH99 said...

Yum, yum, yum! I've never worked with panko, but I want to try it. How about a pound cake? A nice lemon pound cake or 5-flavor pound cake? Or a pan of rich blondies? They would be great served warm with ice cream.

astral said...

I only tell people I want about our fertility issues. How about a nice fruit trifle? The cake on the back of the Hershey cocoa box is very yummy. I was going to recommend the fruit dip but my mom beat me to it!!

Yetty said...

good idea to redirect the conversation away from fertility issues. It makes you feel more like a person and less defined by your present situation

Me said...

I'm coming to your place for dinner.

I want to comment on your "Craziness" post but it's vanished. Anyway, I wanted to say that the positive thinking = positive outcome isn't always true. For me, the cycle that worked was the one I held out the least hope for ;)

Becca Daws said...

Hey!

The snow was so fun!!

P.S. I sent you an email the other day in response to your comment,:-)

Hope you're doing well!