Thank you so much for your kind words on my previous post. I think I must be a bit hormonal and emotional with all of this surrogacy....oppsss I mean direct placement adoption stuff. Thanks for making me not feel like a putz for BFing Brynn while typing, talking on the phone or catching up on email. I'm sure she isn't being harmed by some extra mom - lovin time, LOL! And thank you so much for being so supportive of our journey so far. Things are still set up for our meeting with the lawyer for this Wednesday at 5:00 to figure out the legal logistics of things when it comes to the actual adoption or anything that we should draw up ahead of time. Her office is only about 10 minutes from our house so that'll be nice. My friend's sister is going to watch Brynn while we go the appointment so we don't have to worry about a hungry baby at 5:00 feeding time during the appointment. I'm trying to come up with a list of questions to ask - but honestly I don't even know where to start.
This weekend was a good one, I worked both days but honestly it was a good weekend despite being in the OR. Saturday I worked the day shift and spent the day doing hodge podge cases of an appendectomy, taking out a girl's gall bladder, fixing the hand of someone who had amputated a finger with a power tool, and doing a bowel resection for a young man with Chrohn's disease. Saturday night was beautiful weather, 70 degrees so we took Brynn out to our favorite casual restarurant that often has the winds open and it's almost like eating outside. On Sunday I worked during the day and had the first round of neuro cases since I'd been back to work. Now normally I'm not fond of neuro cases, not sure why but I prefer cardiac ones over neuro anyday. But these actually went okay and we did a craniotomy for a woman with a subarchnoid bleed from a car accident. It went well and we were able to extubate her at the end of the case and she was talking much better than she was when we saw her in pre-op holding. Next we did Burr holes for a woman with a history of elevated ICP (intercranial pressure). Basically they make a small opening in the skull to drain the elevated pressure and fluid into a small little collection bag after the surgery. The patient will then have less neuro deficits hopefully. Once again - the patient did great and woke up well postoperatively. It was pretty rewarding to see the work of the surgeon do well and to see them have good anesthetic and operative outcomes. I then was on call until this morning - but luckily didn't get called back. Thank heavens for small favors! I kept waking up last night to look at the clock thinking...please don't let me get called in, but it didn't happen. We had my friend's sister spend the night on the off chance that I did have to leave and get called in, but thank heavens Brynn slept well and so did all of us!
Today it's raining cats and dogs so I'm trying to catch up on some laundry and cleaning while Brynn is sleeping. That being said, Brynn seems to not want to nap today and keeps waking up a half hour after I put her down. My husband watched her the whole weekend while I was at work and usually she's tired after a day with dad. He has her play so hard in the exersaucer and do a lot of tummy time she's usually wiped out. I call it "daddy boot camp" while he watches her, LOL! I have to tell him to take it easy! She also seems to be going through a growth spurt wanting to eat an extra 4oz bottle a day so you'd think she'd be tired...but nope. Not our Brynn. She seems to be an insomniac when it comes to daytime naps. Night times going great - day time naps not so much over the last couple of weeks.
Well tonight I'm looking forward to catching up on Brothers and Sisters and Desperate Housewives on DVR. I'm not sure if Big Bang Theory and How I met Your Mother are new tonight or not. I also watched the latest show of "I didn't know I was Pregnant" and had to shake my head. How in the world can you deliver and not know you were pregnant the whole time. I mean...come on people - for real? I try to be understanding, but that's just bizarre!
Well, hope everyone is having a great week and I'm still trying to catch up with everyone. If only Brynn could nap and if only I could come up with a list of questions for our lawyer, LOL!

12 comments:
I am so happy for your quiet on call noc. Also for wonderful outcomes w/your pts, very cool. I like neuro, cardiac not too much. That is so funny, kind of your opposite w/pt dx preference.
I am so glad that you feel better about your adoption stuff and I wonder if there are any good surr.ogacy 101 FAQs resources. Hmm, also some other bloggers on LFCA have experience.
Don't jinx yourselves about Brynn's naps, typical of a growth spurt. She is all stimulated w/her new skills/mastery/sensory development. She should settle in once the spurt is done. Also, sleeping through the night is so much way better, TRUST ME!! ((Hugs))
How I met your mother and Big Bang are both repeats. So that's two things you can take off your plate.
I really hope things fall into place for the adoption. Brynn will be a great big sister!
Wasn't Saturday absolutely gorgeous! sorry you had to work but I am glad you had a good weekend. Me too. I hope things go well with you appointment.
We have that same froggy towel for our baths!
So, how does this direct placement adoption thing work? Do they have to adopt at first and then you have to adopt right back later? It seems like that ought to be it.
Love quiet on-call time.
She is the cutest froggie... I got you on the day sleep thing. Since working from home little one doesn't seem to want naps in the afternoons. She just doesn't understand -- when she gets old she will want the naps.
I hope the best for you and the direct placement adoption. (or the rainbow with unicorns journey)..
I am sorry don't know what ??? to suggest for you.
Glad to hear work went ok.
The weather here was great -- we went for several walks.
I have one of those towels too! hehe...so cute!!!
Will reply to your email soon! I promise! I don't know how you do it - blog, work, and look after Brynn!
((((Hugs))))
I have one of those towels too! hehe...so cute!!!
Will reply to your email soon! I promise! I don't know how you do it - blog, work, and look after Brynn!
((((Hugs))))
Sounds like an episode of Grey's... sounds like an exciting job. I'm glad you feel better about your "direct placement adoption" just remember that in the end, when your new baby is here and in your arms, you won't care what terms were on the papers. It sucks that this is so hard for you, but I know it will happen, you deserve the 2.2 kids, you already have an awesome dog...
Glad your weekend at work went well. That's such a cute picture of your husband and Brynn.
Love Sunday night tv, that's for sure!
Love how daddy plays so hard with Brynn, too funny. My kiddos seem to nap better for everyone, but me. I think they like hanging out with mommy.
Nap? Austin would like to know what a Nap is good for and WHY do adults think Babies NEED them ...
Post a Comment