Well Brynn turned five months old, and although my husband and I were pretty excited for her, as you can see - she spent most of the day sleeping! In fact she fell asleep with her pacifier half hanging out of her mouth, and when she was sucking it in her sleep it was popping in and out - like Maggie from the Simpsons does with her pacifier. I know every mom says that their kid grows up so fast, but she really has even from week to week.
As I said before, Brynn broke the 11 pounds mark this month - almost tripling her birth weight. These days I hate to curse things....but she sleeps through the night almost all the time. She might wake up here and there with a short cry, but it's usually just brief and she falls back asleep. Her typical days when I'm home have fallen a bit into something that resembles a schedule. Although - I say that loosely, but still I know how lucky we are to have any sense of a schedule.
When I'm off from work it's usually:
7AM I wake up and pump
8AM-9AM Brynn wakes up and either bottle or breastfeed with her Zantac
9:30 - 11AM play or other stuff (like being carried - still not fond of the swing)
11-1 or so hopefully nap, I pump again
12 or 1 wake up and bottle or breastfeed
1 - 3 awake and play, bath, etc., I pump again, Zantac
3:30 - 5 nap hopefully
4:30/ 5ish - bottle or breastfeed
5- 7PM Brynn awake, I pump once the hubby gets home and takes over baby duty
7-8:30 PM Brynn sleeps on the hubby in the recliner
9:00PM last night time bottle (usually formula) plus Zantac, I pump for the last time
10:30 - 11PM settles down for bed and goes to sleep.
When I work Brynn's days starts a bit earlier around 5AM at my parent's house when I drop her off, but it usually just includes an additional bottle and 2 hour nap between 5 and 9AM or so. I need to finally make a decision on a high chair (thank you for your imput to those of you I've asked!) because I'd like to start some cereal over the next few weeks with Brynn. Although I know I won't need one right away - I'm sure it'll be no time before it'll come in handy.
Brynn's reflux is doing a ton better these days with the feeding routine we use, I thankfully can say. I also love those Playtex DropIn bottles and liners. They make feedings so easy! She has spent the last few days and nights getting used to sleeping in her crib as well.
Brynn's still not too fond of tummy time, but my husband is pretty good with getting her to roll over a few times at night from tummy to back. Just over the last couple of weeks has she gotten to be better at this. Some nights she doesn't do it at all, and other times it's a bunch. She loves things that light up and play music, sucking on both thumbs now and her burp cloths, and she is just beginning to discover her toes. Although I usually play this Little Piggy goes to Market with her...the first time she grab her toes with her own hands a light went on in her head. Like "Wow, those are my toes!" She still doesn't have any teeth yet, but that's OK with me since it makes breast feeding easier. Oh yeah...she is loving breast feeding! Weird since it took her the last two months to decide that she loved it, since the first three she wouldn't touch the boobies. I had no idea kids did that, but my little weirdo has.
She also has loved forward facing in her Baby Bjorn. Until they're 8-9 lbs you have to leave them rear facing, and Brynn is totally loving looking forward when the hubby carries her around the house. She also loves looking at her reflection in the mirror. My dad (her grandpa) is famous for this one and will spend a half hour making silly faces with her in the mirror. She shrieks with delight. And yes..the verbal changes. She makes so many new noises and pitches over the last few weeks. She will make noises and pause waiting for you to make sounds or words back like you're having a conversation. She also will try to talk (shriek or coo?) to the characters on the TV. It's enough to make your heart melt!
And last but certainly not least is changes in poo. What post from a nurse mommy wouldn't be complete without poo talk. Brynn has completely changed her poo schedule from pooing 5 times a day to once every 6 days. That is a huge difference! And yes, watch out. When the poo does let loose, you better be wearing goggles, LOL! At first this greatly alarmed me....But hey, we're flexible right?
I also starting taking my folic acid and multivitamin more religiously. I'm not sure what our meeting with our RE will bring in just 8 short weeks. If their suggestion is to do a fresh IVF cycle versus using our frozen embryos come September, then it'll only be about 4 months or so before I start on our medication schedule. I know how important it is to have decent levels of your folic acid up to 3 months ahead of time so I figure it's a good time to get my butt in gear just in case. I also need to start looking more closely at the other things we need to do to get our surrogacy journey in check. This is all so exciting, overwhelming and crazy it's enough to make my head spin!
Thank you again for always following along with us - I give you all a big bloggy hug!

23 comments:
Happy 5 months to Brynn! What a great update. She is doing so well, and I am so glad the transition from bassinet to crib is going so well! Husband wants us to move L in to her crib as soon as possible (she's only 5 WEEKS!!!!) and I am just dreading it. SIGH. I love how Neela is such a baby "watchdog," that is so precious!!
*hugs*
Neela and Brynn are SO lucky to have each other. I love that Neela is such a fantastic big sister. Brynn is just growing leaps and bounds! How crazy and exciting, makes you want to say "hey! Slow down a little!" The timing of your surrogacy is so fast and amazing! That's going to be such an amazing experience!
Happy five months, Brynn!
She is growing up beautifully.
I loved your post. Things are going beautifully with Brynn. Neela is just great with Brynn and I love to read about that too. The surrogacy is an exciting thought and coming up fast--all in all a very exciting time!
Anne
Sweet pictures!! Made my heart swell!! :) Happy 1st Easter too. Eat some chocolate for the girlie..so excited for your family's future and what it holds:)Have a great weekend!
Such sweet pics of your little girl!
Miss O. used to do the same thing with her pacifier when she was little.
Love the crib, too.
Is your surrogate taking folate?
I'm so excited to hear of your plans for the cycle..
g
What a nice update! I love hearing about how protective Neela is!
I'm looking forward to following your surrogacy!
Happy 5 months pretty girl! I love her room. It's so delicate.
I am told that when babies hit 12 lbs. They become different, more relaxed babies. and start enjoying more activities. I hope this is true for you.
Sorry I haven't been, Sara!!! woo-hoo!!! 5 months! Time sure does fly!!!! As usual, your pictures make me go awwwww!!!
I have to read what's been happening in your life! Are we talking about number 2? I have so much to catch up with you!!!
huge hugs!
Ms. Brynn -- congrats on your 5 month mark. You are getting to be a big girl.
Glad to hear she is doing well. I love that Neela watches over her. What a great sister she is.
Awww, I love that 1st picture of her. She is getting so BIG and as cute as ever!!
Happy five months to Brynn. She is such a cutie. I also love her crib and name on the wall. It is very pretty. I am so glad to hear that nursing is going well and that things are falling into place with your schedule. I had to take both of my girls out of the bassinet before they were two months old because they were little fatties!
She is getting so big!! Cute as ever too. Crazy how fast they start doing new things and all.
Happy 5 months, Brynn!
Sabrina totally has that sleeper. I always laugh when I see your pictures because our girls have the exact same wardrobe (do you rob the Carter's store like I do??) and toys. And bumbos.
I'm excited to follow your next journey into becoming a mom of 2. I wish you so much luck!!!
She's getting so big!
Just in case you're nervous about it, teeth don't make BFing any harder. For us the presence of teeth has improved TTG's latch.
Yay for folic acid and all it signifies.
This is all so exciting! Happy 5 months to Brynn!
Sounds like all is going so well.
Happy 5 months and 1st Easter to Brynn!
What a great routine!! I am so glad Brynn is thriving! Happy Easter to you and your beautiful family.
I love the picure of her sleeping. Maybe it's just that I now love sleeping babies ;) She is beautiful, I can't believe she's 5 months already.
Best of luck with your folic acid and vitamins ;)
Brynn gets more beautiful with every month that passes. Mad props to you for still pumping - you are an amazing mama! Oh, I love the name letters in Brynn's nursery. So pretty! Hope work is going well.
Your nursery is beautiful! A beautiful bedroom for a beutiful girl. =)
I'm so glad that she is doing so well.
Happy 5 months to Brynn - she's beautiful!
Post a Comment