Well, I have a new award for the world's worst blogger. And the clear winner is me! I won't go into a long list of excuses and I'm not even sure if anyone would still be reading after such a long break anyways. But my new resolution is to write on here at least three times a week. Also I'm going to try to comment more like I used to...now how's that for some resolutions, lol!
So for now to catch up I'll do some drive by blogging, aka quickies...wait...quickies have got me all hot and bothered! Well, at least more excited than the phrase drive by blogging (even if I am from Detroit, aka the land of drive bys :-)
Christmas was absolutely wonderful. We were all home together and got to see my family and my husband's family from Ohio. Brynn got a ton of presents most of which she'll not use for awhile, but we're grateful for the generosity. I spent the last week catching up with several of my aunts, uncles and cousins that are in from out of state which was great to get to do. New Years was super quiet...we went out to eat and watched the ball drop at home. Over the last couple of weeks I actually went out to eat and it was the first time I'd been out to a restaurant since August because of the crazy bedrest, hospital stays and pregnancy. It was absolutely wonderful to rejoin the human race again!
I'm feeling much better, eating better and have completely plumped back up! I do have a question for anyone who may be able to help. I'm still pumping about 8 times a day for Brynn. I have bright red spotting everyday still. After my D & C I had a week and a half of no bleeding and then this started so this isn't D & C related I don't think. Has anyone had constant red spotting everyday while pumping or breastfeeding? And if so how long did this last? Did you have periods or no periods while breastfeeding?
On that similar note....Brynn is 2 months old and will be 9 weeks this weekend. Absolutely crazy and mindblowing! She is over 6 and a half pounds and her doctor is much more pleased with her weight gain. She has some issues with malabsorption (hence the slow weight gain since birth) but it's slowly improving. Pumping and giving breast milk has helped along with some vitamins that they have prescribed. Sometimes we have to feed as often as every hour and a half (hence the lack of blogging...okay no more excuses I promise!) but it is so worth it to see her thrive.Luckily with the help of my Medela Pump in Style and Reglan I've been able to keep up with her demand so far.We bottle feed the breastmilk because it's still importnt for us to know what she's getting.
Well it's time to feed again, but I promise to blog every other day or so! I hope everyone is healthy, happy, and well....I'll be checking in with all of you great ladies soon!

31 comments:
I do believe we can all forgive you for the lull in blogging....I meand you do have a valid excuse for now anyway....we all want what's best for Spot....oops sorry Brynn!!!
Glad to hear from you though and the pictures is awesome...she is a sweetie pie!!!
Take care.......sam
Hey girlie - that perfect pink princess of yours is all the explanation necessary for your lack of writing and commenting! So glad to hear that both of your are plumping up! :)
Hey! I think I might need that worst blogger award!
No advice/experience with the spotting, but the feedings every hour and a half ... Luke is three months old and he is still doing that at times. that's awesome because for being such a big baby, he really is on the petite side. Long, but petite.
Can't wait to read your birth story!
I'm so glad to see you are both doing so well! She looks adorable & yay for 2 months & 6 pounds!
You have been a busy gal. Brynn is beautiful! I just got my first period after N's birth (6m) and I'm still bfing. I don't think you should be bleeding or spotting like you are. It may be worth asking your dr. N ate every 2 hours for 3 months, he now goes 3 hours during the day and is sleeping pretty well at night.
And I still want to hear your birth story.
We forgive you...pumping is a full time job..heck being a wife and mommy is a full time job!! it's ok!! Love seeing new pictures of Brynn...what a CUTIE PIE!!!!
Girl - stop apologizing... you have an excuse and her sweet name is Brynn, sweet and beautiful Brynn. She is getting BIG and she looks so alert in that picture!!
Enjoy her because before you know it....she will be turning 2 like my little boy and you will wonder where the time went.
Oh, my goodness, you have been busy with a newborn baby, that's one perfectly good reason to not be able to blog. She is so beautiful. I am glad she is gaining weight and so are you! Welcome back to the human race, we missed you!
She's so cute! I'm glad you're able to eat like a normal person again.
I think you have the best reason in the world to not be wasting away on the computer blogging... we're always here when you have time!
I am glad things are going to so well with Brynn and that you are feeling so much better. More photos please!
*hugs*
Hello again, and now that I've had coffee, I wanted to follow up re.your questions re.spotting. I know you will call your OB too. I had normal period while breastfeeding. (2 years w/each boy, call me Elsie the Dairy Cow). Not consistent spotting, first cycle occurred approx.4-6 weeks post partum. I hope this helps, please let me know how it goes. ((Hugs)) and Thanks for the great pics of Brynn.
No excuses necessary--pumping is a real time suck (heh).
I had light spotting until 6 weeks (I think? or maybe 8 weeks?) postpartum, when I went on the minipill. It was not bright red though, so I'd check with your OB on that one.
Glad you're all doing very well... that's more important.
Wishing you all a very happy, prosperous, healthy, and blessed 2009!
Anna
Please don't worry about not blogging or commenting. I think everyone understands. Just post pics more often OK?
About BF. I didn't spot at all and got no periods at all until I weened. But I didn't have all the complications you have had so I'm not sure you can go by my experience.
BTW every hour and a half? Wow, you are a saint. Hopefully she'll gain enough weight soon so you can stop pumping and go the direct route. It's a lot less effort than pumping, cleaning the pump ect. I did exclusive pumping for about 3 weeks (due to thrush) and man, was I tired of it. You, my dear, are a saint.
I, too, would check with the OB. My bleeding with Dee stopped completely after the postpartum D&C. And no periods for more than a year after each kid (PCOS, I love you).
I'd love the birth story. I still haven't finished the story of Buddy's birth and the AFE, and he turns 1 next week!!
Brynn looks beautiful.
I can't remember exactly, but you know I BF for 8 weeks, and I bled for at least the entirety of that if not a little bit longer.
Glad you're back!
Brynn is gorgeous!
i don't blame you for not blogging...its hard with a baby! glad things are going good. i dont spot anymore and do get periods...but i only pump 3 times each day.
Glad things are going good and you are feeling better. Brynn is absolutely precious. I have no idea about the spotting etc but hope it goes away soon. oh and post away about the birth story.
Dear Sarah, Brynn is absolutely beautifull. I'm happy that she is gaining wait and triving. As for your bleeding I'm in the same boat. Have been pumping for 3 months and here and there get bleeding. I guess because we are not breastfeeding the body is little confused in the matter of hormones. I would ask your OB what she thinks. Good luck Martina
PS: My little boy is still in NICU is 37 weeks and 5lb14oz. Will be going home as soon as he looses O2 canula and gets better at nipling.
Why am I misty now? I'm seriously crying over here. WHY AM I SO HORMONAL?
She is just beautiful! I will never blame anyone for taking a blogging break, especially with a little one in the house. Nursing twins is sort of like that...I'm feeding someone at least every hour and a half.
She is SOOOOOOO cute!!!
I was getting worried there! Glad you are both doing well! Brynn looks great!
I think you are excused. You have had your hands full with that oh so beautiful baby of yours!
you have a great excuse for not blogging, although I do miss your updates. Brynn is getting so big, although she is so tiny, if that is possible! I am glad all is well, and it's not to late for the birth story!!
Who can get mad at your little girl? She deserves all her mommy's attention.
Such a cute little lady!
The first 3 months with a newborn are a perfect excuse not to be doing anything but eating, sleeping (ha!), and occasionally brushing your teeth. Blogging can wait another few weeks...
It makes me so happy to read your updates and see the latest pics! I'm glad you had a wonderful holiday season! I can't believe Brynn is almost 9 weeks already.
it's so hard with a newborn, you will get the hang of it! Just give yourself time.
I spotted about 8 weeks after delivery and i continued to spot off and on for months (2 mnths). I was also pumping that much a day 8-10 times.
Around 5 months - i actually got what resembled a period. Up until then my periods were like spotting randomly throughout the weeks
I love her picture...she's so alert!
And I forgive you, it's hard to blog with such a beautiful little girl around. So glad the eating issues are getting better and she's packing on the pounds!!
As for your bleeding. I bled until 7-8 weeks. I thought I was getting lucky when it stopped at 5 weeks and took a few days off but that was just my body teasing me ;)
I was starting to wonder where you were, but I was too busy myself to remember to actually check. I'm glad you are back though!
Post a Comment