Last weekend my mother in law had a shower for us in Ohio for my husband's side of the family since I was unable to travel pretty much my whole pregnancy. It's been both weird and fun having all of our showers after Brynn was born. Growing up I always envisioned have a baby shower with a big pregant belly opening gifts surrounded by family and friends. Funny how things don't always quite go as planned. I may not of had the traditional baby showers with a glowing pregnant figure....but I had something I could never envision what joy she would bring. I got the honor of taking Brynn with me to the work shower and family shower on my husband's side to share the day. I had my partner in crime aka Brynn in person with me to open all of the gifts and to be able to visit with some of the people who will play a large part in her life. That meant more to me than feeling like I had missed a more traditional path that I pictured growing up.
Thanks again for all of the recipes for the superbowl. I tried out a couple this past weekend when we went to my mom's house and they were yummy. I kind of melded a few together and made a dip with cream cheese, chicken, blue cheese and this buffalo sauce. They were a hit and I told my family that they were courtesy of you lovely ladies...so thank you again! My husband's friend is coming in from Texas near the end of this week and staying with us for the weekend so it'll be a busy week. I also am leaving Brynn with someone who will sit for her tomorrow while I take a class at work. Sniff Sniff. It's the first time she'll have been away from me for more than an hour or two other than when I had my D & C. Also it'll be the first time anyone other than us or my mom or sister has watched her. Seperation Anxiety here I come. Happily though it is one of my best friend's little sis so the transition should be a bit easier.
I have so many posts circulating in my head at the moment...so maybe I'll actually post quite a few times this week. I still need to update my blogs on the sides, but thanks for letting me know who's out there. I hope everyone is having a great week and if you are the praying type...keep all the great women out there who have their newborns in the NICU in your thoughts and prayers. I've come across quite a few people this week who have mentioned that either family or friends have babies in the NICU. It is a stressful place and situation to be in and they need all the support we can give them. So thanks!

24 comments:
Happy Gas Passer Week and Yeah for yummy catered lunches. The picture of you three is wonderful and I am so glad you two ladies are getting "showered with love". Your feelings about being away from your baby and going back to work are so understandable, it is such a jumble. I am sending a Big (HUG) of support.
Have you seen this cake wrecks post about a CRNA cake? Enjoy!
http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/01/every-breath-you-take.html
Happy CRNA week. I came over to show you the cake wrecks link, but someone beat me to it. I saw the cake and thought you might find it funny
Congrats on your celebration week!
That's a great picture of the three of you.
ICLW
Just consider these your jewish baby showers! It's considered bad luck to have a shower before the baby is born.
I think it's wonderful to have the showers after the baby. Seems like it would be a much more fun celebration.
Going back the work is hard. My baby is 2 and I still get sad every day. Like you I love my career and I was gald to be back but I missed her so much. There's just no easy answer.
I think it is nice that Brynn gets to go to her own showers. Everyone gets the bonus of getting to meet her.
You go back to work ON my due date--nice! Now instead of hoping to myself I go in to labor before my due date, I can SPECIFICALLY hope that I go in to labor before Sara goes back to work!! Thanks for helping me mix it up. ;-)
I cannot imagine how hard it is going to be to leave Brynn. You are so strong, though, I know you will do great. I haven't even had a baby yet and it makes me want to cry to think about leaving her with anyone other than Husband. Wahhh!!! Who's the baby again?
*hugs*
Happy gas passer week!!! I like the pin you got, that's funny. That pic of you, your husband and Brynn is great. You all look fantastic. Hope your class time goes ok.
Happy gas passer week! So glad you finally got to enjoy you baby showers, you deserve it!
Happy CRNA week. Hope that the transition back to working goes well when the time comes.
Take care
ICLW
Happy CRNA Week! I have to say that my CRNA (at the IF Clinic) is one of my most favorite people...she's a sweetheart and always takes good care of me. I'm sure your patients feel the same way about you.
I love this picture of you guys. I think it's always neat to have a baby shower after the baby is here...everyone gets to enjoy the baby, as well as the mama. :)
((HUGS))
Happy CRNA week!
Happy Gas Passers Week!!
I have to tell you how good it makes me feel to see you and your family. After all the tough times you've had - all of you - it makes me smile. Even if I'm not particuarly happy, I still smile. So thank you for that.
Love and Hugs - Deb
Congrats on your week and the shower! Oh, please email me any time with questions you might have about surrogacy. I'll be glad to pass along any "wisdom" I have gained LOL.
Happy Gas Passer's Week!
Such a cute family photo of you 3. So glad all is going so well and that you had such a great shower!
Happy CRNA week! That's a lovely picture of you and Brynn.
ICLW
I just can't get over how cute she is!!
Happy CRNA Week, Sara!! And where can I get one of those pins ... I want one!
Oh yes. Us nurses are easy to please if given something cool.
Whoowhoo for CRNA's! I've never met one that I haven't liked. :)
Just stopping-by to say hello! I hope that Brynn and company are all staying happy and healthy. Have a fantastic Super Bowl party weekend!
Yay for free lunches! Happy CRNA week ;)
The picture of the three of you is absolutely beautiful! It seems like she has already grown so much since the very first ones!
I can't imagine what kindof mixed up emotions you must be feeling regarding work, but I'm sure when the time comes it will all work out perfectly.
Happy CRNA's week!!! Thank you for posting about it--I always forget. I think my mom was impressed that I "remembered". Brynn is gorgeous and that is wonderful that she gets to share in her shower with you.
I need a special week for my job! How come you nurses get all the fun? "Computer Programmers Week!" heh. Or we can just call it dork week.
Have fun in our class and I'm glad you are actually letting someone else watch her for a bit. Sometimes first time mommies wait a little too long to have someone watch their baby (or toddler!) and it ends up being harder later on. You'll be fine and so will Brynn. In fact, it'll be good for both of you!
I want some of that dip now. thanks a lot! ~wink~
It has been a while since I saw your blog. I had the ole computer crash. I did not even realize it the nurse anesthetist week. My husband did not even mention the hospital doing anything for them. I guess he got as much as I did for respiratory care week. :)
Post a Comment