Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday again

Thanks so much for all of your kind words, prayers and good thoughts on the arrival of our little girl! They are all so appreciated! I'm hoping tomorrow to finally post an quick blurb of how the delivery and birth went to get out little Brynn as well as some pictures I promise. Sorry I haven't been better about updating. Things have been a little hectic and the internet connection not the best. Thanks heavens for Meredith!

Sorry for this quick update - I want to post it before it's lost in the land of the big dark hole of the internet that seem to go with this hospital, LOL! Brynn is doing great - she is able to now stay with us and is not having any problem with breathing at all. Her bilirubin levels have stabilized. Her main challenges continues to be some difficulty with feeding - but even those are truly not that bad at all. We are so grateful for all of the bullets we have dodged with regards to things that appeared during her delivery that did not surface until that time. I'll try to go into more detail tomorrow, along with some photos of our little miracle. I promise!

Pretty much I spend the day pumping and trying to get her to feed, but to see her get down a few ml of fluid and then a few more is so rewarding! I have never been more in love with something that weighs less than 5 pounds and it only grows deeper everyday.

Well, I'm off to pump and catch a little sleep. But once again - thank you so much for all of your good wishes. We are touched beyond words.

34 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

Sara, you continue to amaze me. I'm so glad to know someone like you.

And as for Baby Brynn: please give her a HUGE hug from her (virtual) Aunt Becky, who cannot wait to hear more about her.

Lots of love to your family of three!

Geohde said...

Sara,

Take your time, it's okay. I'm gagging for details, but I shall patiently wait. As I recall once the euphoria wore off the sleep deprivation was bordering on psychotic. So no rush,

xx

J

nancy said...

You take all the time you need! After having to sit around and do nothing for so long, it must be quite a change to be so busy.

I'm so looking forward to seeing a NON-u/s picture of Miss Brynn!!!

Mandy said...

Works cannot describe how happy I am for you. It sounds like you are getting some strenth back. Contunue to take care of yourself. I can't wait to see pictures!

Beautiful Mess said...

Congratulations!!!!! Really, don't worry about updating. We ALL understand. However, we can't wait to get a peak at your star attraction! Your an amazing woman and Bryn, you rock! Keep eating, little one. Good for your husband and your mom also. They helped get you ans Bryn where you are! YAY for support!!!!
Hugs,
-D

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you directly. I have a friend who is in her 50's and was born around the same gestational age as Brynn. She had a few feeding issues too, but now she's quite a sucess! I have great hope for Brynn that she will figure out this "Eating with my mouth! What's wrong with my belly button?" issue and be home in no time.

Jen said...

Thank you for checking in Sara! I can't wait to hear more news, but really I can wait. Take care of your family and yourself and check in with us when you can!

battynurse said...

Congratulations mommy and daddy!! So glad to hear you are all doing good. Thinking of you. Hugs to you.

Chastity said...

How wonderful! I can't believe she's out of the NICU already! GO BRYNN!!

Carrie27 said...

I'm so happy to hear that you guys are doing so well! I hope that Brynn starts eating more and that you all can go home before you know it.

Anonymous said...

So pleased to hear your beautiful Brynn is doing so well. And you sound as if you are enjoying every single minute of it. Congratulations and best wishes from way over here.

admin said...

Yeah!! Glad you stole a moment to post. I think everyone was getting sick of me:)

Brynn in the room with you! How freaking awesome. Sooooo excited for you and J.

Send me whatever you need Sara - pics or posts. I am happy to take care of it.
meredith

kaaron said...

So lovely to hear from you! Glad to hear your girl is out of NICU and that you are able to eat. Can't wait to see pics and read your story.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

That is so wonderful that you all are doing so well. Take good care, Best Always! Happy Pumping!

I Believe in Miracles said...

Yeah Sara!! I'm so excited for you. I'm contining to pray for eating improvement and recovery for both of you.
**HUGS**

MrsSpock said...

So glad to hear all is well. Can't wait to hear about the bullets you've dodged and how life is with the little one.

electriclady said...

Hooray for escaping the NICU! And I am so happy for you and your FAMILY!

Mazzy said...

I am so glad to see you! Awesome things are going so great with Brynn, I just know you are such a wonderful mother and you guys must be having the best time getting to know each other over there.
*big hugs*

Amanda said...

I am so glad that things are going so well! I can't wait to see pictures and hear your/her story.

G$ said...

Awesome! Can't wait to hear more :)

xo

Meghan said...

Congratulations again! I can't believe she's in the room with you, how amazing! Best of luck with the feeding issues, that is the one area I felt completely unprepared in. But it does get better. So rest up whenever you can, we'll wait (semi)patiently for some pictures ;)

Kristen said...

Thank you for updating us! We know how crazy that newborn period is so enjoy that tiny little girl. We can wait for pics - anxiously - but we understand! XOXO

Nicole O'Dell said...

You're doing an AWESOME job!

Cibele said...

It is so good to hear from you mama Sara!!!!!!! I am so glad you all doing fine. Can't wait to see her

Sully said...

Sara,

So glad to hear that things are going well. You take care of that little girl and fill us in when you can - so happy for you!

HereWeGoAJen said...

I am so delighted that things are going so well! I can't wait until you all get to go home and get down to regular life. :)

sarah23 said...

I am so THRILLED that everything went so well. I can't wait to read the birth story. I hope you are doing well, too!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!

Debz said...

I am thrilled for you all!!! Looking forward to pics of Brynn. And you guys too I guess (lol).

{HUGS}

Tracy said...

Sara, I'm so sorry I've been MIA. I was happy to hear your news, and can't wait to hear more!

XO

Cara said...

Hooray! Wow - less than five pounds! Congratulations!!!

Jill said...

Take your time...just knowing that you are both okay is all I needed to hear! :)

Looking forward to seeing pics of her precious face!

astral said...

I'm glad to hear things are well. We'll be here (eagerly) waiting for updates.

Miss said...

Sara I'm so very happy for all of you! You're doing such an amazing job, I can't wait to see some pictures of Brynn!

Emily (Apron Strings) said...

Oh Sara!! I'm so happy for you! I feel like I've been completely out of it lately (the whole week's been a blur ... probably much like yours! LOL!)

Just know that I'm sending big warm HUGS to you and Brynn and your hubby (even though I've never met him).

Can't wait to see pictures!!