Most of my CRNA coworkers think that she is the newest member of the OR crew and that she is an anesthetist in the making. Even her hat from the nursery volunteers is too big so it looks like a scrub boufant hat instead. Hmmm....maybe she will be my future little anesthetist? My friend wanted a picture for the anesthesia lounge so that the crew could see their newest honorary member.
(Thank you so much for all of the kind comments on the previous post and pictures - it warms my heart to read such kind thoughts) I couldn't be happier - Brynn is maintaining over the 4 and pound mark and taking almost 30ml every three hours for her feedings! Sometimes it takes a long time to get that amount down for her- but I am so proud of our little girl. She is a trooper and doesn't give up, even if it takes her well over a half hour or much longer to feed often. I've just been pumping and giving it to her in a bottle since she seems to like to do everything with my boobs, but the actual feeding, LOL! But I could care less how she eats, just as long as she is eating and gaining weight. Her bilirubin levels are below 8 as well. Best news of all - Brynn and I will both be home at last with my husband and we will get to finally start our life as a family all together at last. Just the way things should be.

55 comments:
Wonderful news!
What awesome news! You brought back all those wonderful memories after Keira was born...such a long, terrible fight to finally have that sweet baby. I'm convinced that the time after birth is even more magical for us with fertility problems. She is almost 2 now and I STILL thank God for her several times a day. I am so, so happy for you. She is unusually beautiful for a newborn!
I'm so happy that you all get to go home, finally.
The best part is, you get to choose to be a couch potato if you want.
She is one gorgeous little girl. And what fantastic news to hear that you're going home to be a family at last. Job well done Sara!
Great news all around. Wearing regular clothes is one thing... but going home?? How freaking awesome is that. Did you ever think you'd go home again??
She's adorable Sara!
xo
m
I've never seen a 4 pounder so awake and alert! That little girl is FREAKIN AMAZING!!! Just like her mama! I am so happy for you Sara, it just tickles me pink!!!
Hooray! Am so proud of you both! So glad you get to go home soon.
Sara - going home will be such a wonderful feeling! I'm still overjoyed for you and your husband. Brynn is totally gorgeous.
xoxo
She is such a cutie! She looks so alert in her photos.
I'm so happy that you'll both get to go home finally!
What beautiful pictures, Brynn is so gorgeous, (just like Mom), and yes, she will be a Great anesthetist, doctor, lawyer, or Indian chief! I am so delighted you are both doing so well and you get to go Home!!! Yippee!! Now the real fun begins... before you know it you will be telling her to clean up her room!!
So awesome!! LOVE the pictures!!!! Grow Brynn grow!
You're making me cry before breakfast! Hooray for sweet baby Brynn and her awesome mommy and daddy.
She's just a doll. And you just SHINE.
I love the picture in the sleeper, you can really see her face. She is beautiful. Thank you for sharing this journey with us (your otehr bedrest buddies!)
She's just so gorgeous! I am glad that you both get to go home!
Excellent news. Have fun with your newest family member, she's beautiful.
Yay!!!! Congrats. I'm glad you are finally getting to all go home together. Hugs to you.
I know this is such sweet relief for you. I tear up every post I read from you! I am just so beyond thrilled for your family. Brynn is just so amazingly perfect
AWESOME!! I am so very happy for you both!! Enjoy being a new family!!! You both look so happy!!! I just can't even say enough!!
HUGE HUGS from the NC!!!!
What great news! I'm so excited for you to start your new "normal". It's going to feel terrific to be able to get up and walk around with out all the worry you had!! Welcome home Family!
Wow you guys are going home already. That's amazing. She must be doing so well. The picture of her in that huge sleeper is too cute. Soon it will be way too small for her and you'll be amazed!
What awesome news and beatiful pictures! I am so happy for you!!!
She is so cute and tiny! Good luck in your first few days at home. I hope you have a good amount of maternity leave ahead of you.
Something occurred to me about your story -- how ironic is it that you spent basically 5 months in labor and then ended up having to be induced? :)
So happy you're heading home!
Love the close up of her w/her eyes wide open! She is such a pretty baby!!
Thanks for posting more pics...I've been checking back every day to see if they were there yet. :)
((HUGS))
She is so beautiful. I am glad you are both doing well.
Congratulations!! She is BEAUTIFUL. Just gorgeous.
I'm so happy for you! And so happy that part of your journey is over and now you get to do the fun stuff. Like stare at her. :)
Such good news!! Its awesome that she is taking 30mL!! Carter is up to 50, but the NICU staff kinda forced him if you ask me. That is why I'm glad he's home!
I am so excited that you guys get to go home. It is such a blessing. Stare at her as much as you can! We are blessed!
I melt when I see her picture. She is so beautiful!
I'm so glad you're doing well and going home! And Brynn is so gorgeous! Congratulations!
Ooooh she is Just So Cute! And so alert in that last pic.
Brynn is adorable, and you look so great!
J
So cute! Such pretty eyes! Hooray that you both get to go home soon - when is the big day?
Sara, you have got to be the world's prettiest mum!! You look great and Brynn's just gorgeous. Even my DH said so himself.
This last bit made me go all teary eyed - Brynn and I will both be home at last with my husband and we will get to finally start our life as a family all together at last. Just the way things should be.
I'm so glad you're going home with Brynn.
Huge hugs.
Wow, she is so beautiful! I love that pic of her looking up. So happy all is going well so far!!
What gorgeous eyes, wow! Glad you are all home.
How exciting, you go little girl!!!!! soon these clothes will not fir her anymore, they grow so fast!!!!!!!! she is so cute and alert!
OMG in all my family wedding craziness I missed it!! She is SO beautiful and I am SO excited and happy for you all. Wow what a big healthy girl!! I have to go back and read all these in depth now but wanted to congratulate you and say you did such a wonderful job keeping up and holding it together. your strength was amazing and your sense of humore barely wavered at all...such a trooper!! You deserve all the happiness in the world!
She is SO cute! That last picture really gives a good view of her sweet little face. What wonderful news that you guys are heading home...you are so blessed!
Can't wait to hear about your homecoming!!!! Love the pics! Congratulations!
She is so beautiful, Sara!!! I am so happy for the three of you.
Hey! Yeah, they'll tell you to feed her every 3. But if we let Carter be, he wakes up within a half hour of his scheduled time anyway.
She is adorable, and what awesome news. Congratulations!
Sara - she's so beautiful, and you look great! I'm so glad that you will finally get to go home and enjoy your new family. Hugs!
YAY!!! Sara, I am crying such tears of joy for you and Brynn. She's a strong, determined doll of a girl. I think she's taking after her mommy already!
Wonderful news Sara!
That's great news! She is such a sweet baby!
She is beautiful. Congratulations on both going home!
She is just so freaking gorgeous! :)
such a beautiful baby and such wonderful hope for me, a newly diagnoised UUer trying to conceive for almost 2 years.
I'm so happy to hear you are both doing so well and will soon be at home. I'm sure Neela will be happy too. (;
She is just beautiful, Sara.
Brynn is Soooo Beautiful!! You can see that "velvet" on her face in the last picture. I love that!
She is SO beautiful! Just perfect! Way to go Sara!
Hugs,
-D
She is so beautiful!
And a big congrats on going home. I can't even imagine how good your own bed must feel at this point (even if you aren't getting too much sleep in it!)
You & Brynn look so lovely. I am soooo very proud of how you handled everything. You are a testimony & an inspiration to me more than you can ever imagine. Here's a toast to the very Happy holidays I know you're going to have
gorgeous, just like her mama... i am so happy for you guys. it was worth every moment of discomfort and uncertainty, wasn't it?
*hugs*
awwww, teeny weeny baby!! I love that last photo with her big eyes staring out of the photo!!
Post a Comment