Saturday, November 8, 2008

She is here.

From Sara at 4 am this morning:
"Born 4 pounds and doing great."

From Sara at 7am:
"No Breathing problems. Little feeding problem, problem keeping sugar up and temp so in the NICU for a little while. Looks like her Dad. But tries to smile I swear! Happiest day ever!"
"I can't go home till I can eat good and labs are stable. But I already feel better just really weak."
"18 inches and 4 pounds even. Born at 1:13 am. Cute as a button."
"Vasa previa can be life threatening, but we both were fine - we both officially have a guardian angel" (Not sure about what the vasa previa is, but I am sure Sara will fill us in with her infinite medial wisdom:)

I will continue to make updates at Sara's request.... Meredith


79 comments:

TylerandBrianne said...

Congrats!!!! Sara hope to hear from you soon.

Mel said...

Welcome precious little Brynn! We've all been waiting to meet you. Congrats! :) Beyond happy for you all.

Soapchick said...

Congratulations Sara! I'm so happy to hear that Brynn is here and doing well! Hope you gain your strength soon!

SassyCupcakes said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad to hear everyone's happy and healthy.

Candi said...

CONGRATS!!!!!! We did it! That will teach our crazy uteruses to mess with us! My advice as far as the NICU goes is to count your blessings. Our babies have the least amount of roadblocks in there. I feel awful sometimes, but seeing how good Carter is doing compared to the others keeps me going.

Chastity said...

That's a great size! Congratulations!!

Amanda said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Welcome to the world Brynn!!!

Heather Moore said...

Congrats Sara and family! Glad all is well! Can't wait to see photos.i

astral said...

Congratulations!! Welcome Brynn!! I'm glad to hear all is well.

Jen said...

Yes you do for sure have angels looking out for you! Welcome baby Brynn, can't wait to see you. Although I've never met you irl sarah, I am truly happy for you and your family. I've been thinking and praying for you all every day! Congratulations!!

Hilary said...

Oh praise God that Sara and Bryann are doing great!! How awesome!!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

YEAH!! Congratulations, Welcome Baby Brynn! Take good care, yes, a guardian angel is looking out for two of its' own.

JW Moxie said...

What a wonderful day! I'm so glad to hear that babygirl Brynn and Sara are doing so well! I hope that the stay in the hospital is short for both of you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new little family!

Welcome to the world, sweet baby - Happy Birth Day, Brynn!

Hope you're on the road to recovery, Sara.

Many thoughts, prayers, love & hugs being sent your way :)
Blessings to you all from your fellow (SE) Michigander...
Beth

Pauline said...

woooooooooohoooooooooooooooa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there. that is all i needed to say.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Sara might be a little busy, so I will post this medical resource re.Vaso Previa. Sara and Brynn are incredible and so are her Doctors!!

from http://www.vasaprevia.org/faqs/faqs.htm

Vasa previa vessels are adherent to the membranes over the cervix, and they can be torn open with cervical dilation.

A - said...

Congratulations! Welcome, Brynn! Thank you for the updates. Vasa previa? Wow... so glad everything turned out okay for you both. Rest up, Sara. Can't wait to see pics!

edie & ella said...

yyyyeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Welcome to the world Brynn Cecelia...I guess I can no longer call you Spot...can't wait to see pictures and am sooooooooo glad you and your mommy are health!!! sam

electriclady said...

Congratulations!!! Welcome Brynn!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Hooray! Congratulations! This is magnificent news!

Cibele said...

CONGRATULAYIONS!!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY AND EXCITED FOR YOU... I HOPE YOU 2 CAN GO HOME SOON!

Anonymous said...

The miracle has arrived! Congrats!

Jill said...

She's here!!!!

Congratulations, Sara! Can't wait to see her.

Much love!

May said...

Hooray! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Best news ever! Sara, congratulations on your new family member!
Sarah

Nicole O'Dell said...

Aww I'm choked up with relief and joy. What a miracle! You're a fantastic mommy already, Sara! can't wait to see pics!
*hugs to all*

Irish Girl said...

Welcome little Brynn!!! So happy for you guys, Sara! Rest up and be well!

JenniferW said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Anonymous said...

Brynn, it's amazingly surreal to believe that you're here already--even though this day was much anticipated.
So glad you're here and that you, mommy and daddy are doing well.
Sending you all best wishes, and looking forward to 'seeing' you Brynn.

Congratulations Sara & DH!!!

Anna

Mandy said...

Congradulations!!! You are an amazing strong woman. I am so happy that everything is okay, and your healthy, beautiful little girl is hear. Take care of yourself, get your strength back and then tell us every detail of the last two days. I am truly happy for the three of you!

Tara said...

So glad to hear this update.

Congrats Sara. Welcome Brynn.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! So glad to hear she is here and you both are doing well!! Best wishes to all three of you!!

Tammy

battynurse said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome Brynn!!!!!!!!!! Hope Sara is doing well and that she is soon feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Many many tears of joy! Wonderful news! What a miricle you both are!

kaaron said...

Congrats to you Sara and hubby! And welcome Brynn! Hooray!

Just Me. said...

Awwww.... Sara...CONGRATS!!!! I am soooo soooo happy for you!!!! Ok, Brynn, you've got loads of bloggy aunties who love you too. Make sure you love your mummy more than anything in the world cuz she's one amazing woman!!!!

Thanks, Meredith. You've been such a great bloggy friend bringing us updates.

ps Having tears in my eyes. Way way beyond happy for you. Congrats once again to you and your family.

Nicole said...

Congratulations!!!

Lost in Space said...

Oh, Sara, I am so thrilled for you!! Your mental and emotional strength is off the charts and I hope your physical strength follows right behind.

Welcome to the world sweet baby girl, Brynn!! Your cyber aunties can't wait to see pictures of you!!

Oh, and Brynn only missed being born on my birthday by 1 hour and 13 minutes. (:

Yetty said...

Congratulations baby, you did it. I'm so proud of you & have been praying so earnestly for you. Yours is a testimony I will be proud to tell

Aunt Becky said...

Hooooraaaayyy! Go Brynn! Go Sara!

I'm so happy, I could cry!

Sully said...

Congratulations Sara and welcome to the world, Brynn! I'm so happy to hear that everything went along well. Here's to a quick recovery - can't wait to hear more. Thinking of you!!!

Jen said...

Hurray! Welcome baby Brynn!

sarah23 said...

SO SO glad to read this news!! Congrats to the entire family! I hope that Brynn's NICU stay is as short as possible.

Becca Daws said...

Congratulations Sara! You did it! I am SO, SO happy for you.

Jen said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Welcome little Brynn!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Congrats!!!!

Adriane said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics. So glad you are both doing well!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! You made it Sara, you made it :)

Geohde said...

Oh MY. Vasa Praevia???


On top of it all.

SO glad young Brynn did not bleed out from those anomalous vessels.

What a terrifyingly close call.

Many enormous congratulations to you Sara,

xx

J

Michelle said...

Congratulations! That is so great!!

Two Shorten the Road said...

Hooray! Welcome Brynn and congrats mom and dad!

Sara, you made it -- great job!

Two Shorten the Road said...

Can't wait for pictures!

SAHW said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting anxiously to hear this news! Hope mom and baby are resting well and can't wait to see pics soon!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! So glad she is here and doing well. Heres to a speedy recovery! Smooch that new baby!

MrsSpock said...

Wecome Brynn! I hope you get some real food soon, Sara.

Yvette A said...

Congrats that is awesome news to hear.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sara! I'm so glad you are both well!

Beautiful Mess said...

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone! I'm so happy for you! I wish you a short hospital stay and a quick recovery!
BIG HUGS!!!!
-D

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all joy and wonder at the arrival of your gorgeous Brynn. So glad all went well and sending best wishes for your speedy recovery Sara.

Carrie27 said...

What great news! 4 pounds is such a great size! You did it Sara, you have your baby in your arms!

Take care of you and we'll all be waiting to hear the details

Kristen said...

Congratulations Sara and welcome to the world, Brynn! I am so glad you both are safe and sound. XOXO

Mainly a midwife said...

Congratulations!!!! Hooray she's here. Sara, I didn't realize that you had vasa previa. You are beyond blessed to have that little girl in your arms.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Always a glutton for punishment, I looked up Vasa Previa. Yikes again! Guardian Angel indeed!

SmartAssMom said...

Welome, Brynn!! You have one hell of a tough mama! So glad you're all safe and sound.

G$ said...

YAY Brynn! Welcome to the world!!

Sara, I am so happy for you and your husband! Vasa previa to top it all off, oy how scary.

Much love to the fam!
xo

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! Fantastic news, can't wait for pics and more updates. :)

Kathy said...

Oh, Sara, I am SO SO happy for you, beside myself with joy for you and your DH and little Brynn. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

JJ said...

CONGRATS!!!!!! So happy mommy and baby are doing well!

I Believe in Miracles said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations. :o) I'm so happy for you. Cannot wait to see pictures. Continuing to pray for your continued health and recovery.
**BIG HUG**

Kathy said...

Congratulations Sara! Welcome to the world Brynn! Holding you all close in my thoughts and prayers. Asking my baby girl Molly in Heaven to watch over you and your baby girl as she grows and develops in the days to come. So happy for you!!! Congrats again!

Annalien said...

What excellent news! Congratulations! Glad all is well and can't wait to read the birth story. Welcome to the world little miracle baby Brynn!

Morrisa said...

Congrats! I can't wait for pictures!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sara!!!! I am so glad everything went well. I hope Brynn is doing well. Can't wait to see pictures.

KH99 said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sara!!!! So extremely happy for all you guys! Can't wait to meet little Brynn!

So glad it all went ok! Whew! You made it sweetie!

CJ said...

Congrats to her and Brynn!!

Heather said...

Congratulations! You and your Brynn are very strong and brave!!!!

AwkwardMoments said...

this is one brave lil girl and one heck of a selfless mom! congrats and love!