Monday, March 9, 2009

Already dreading tomorrow

So tonight I'm already dreading having to leave Brynn...I'm wondering when this hatred towards a job I know deep down inside I love will end.

18 comments:

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

I completely 100% understand. I went back to work Friday after almost 5 months (three months of bedrest and two months maternity leave). I still cry every morning on the way to work and like you, I love my job (I'm an elementary school teacher). I'm fine once I'm there...

Cibele said...

I know how you feel, it gets easier with time. It helps that you like your job. COming abck home is the best time of my day! Good luck

Soapchick said...

It will get easier Sara! It's just because she is so young. Hang in there, you'll both survive and your job is good for you. You are really good at it!

AwkwardMoments said...

Sending you hugs

edie & ella said...

It does get a little easier...never the way it was before though!!! You are so not selfish for wanting to be back to work...career is important. It's a great influence for Brynn too...
We are going on vacation tomorrow so I won't be commenting for 2 weeks but I will be checking when I get a chance so thanks for the updates...........sama

Beautiful Mess said...

It WILL get easier, just like the other wonderful ladies said. Of course you're going to not want to leave her. You two have been through so much and she's your little buddy. It's good that you love your job. It IS good for you to work. Not only is it important to you, but your giving Brynn a great example of mom/working mom. Be good to yourself and know that you ARE doing the right thing. Sending you hugs!

jenn said...

I hope it gets easier for you soon! At least it really is a job you love- I hope that makes the transition easier & faster for you.

She is so adorable in that chair! I can't believe how much she's grown & is already 4 months!

Jen said...

Sara, it may not get easier for a long time, but you will probably feel better when you get to work and even better when you are on your way home. It will be much easier in the coming years, but for now, how could you not feel bad leaving a sweet thing like her. Think of it as bonus time for gma and dh though. Thinking of you and rushing to work myself.

Anonymous said...

I wish that I could make you feel better right now. All that I can say is it gets better with time. Just keep reminding yourself how lucky you are to only have to work part time.

Meghan said...

Sending you lots of hugs. I'm right there with ya, already dreading Thursday. Sometimes I wonder if it would be easier to be back full-time.

Thinking of you!

Photogrl said...

I remember those days...((HUGS))

Always second guessing whether I should return.

I hope that work goes well today, and FAST.

Brynn is getting so big, and cuter everyday!

Debz said...

IT will get easier Sara. But harder too. Epsecially if you miss a first. Ugh! Sorry, it really is hard to "have it all".


{{HUGS}}

Thankful Terri said...

I hear you -- I wonder too if I made the right or wrong decision to go back to work part time. I work from home so that helps. Best of luck.

battynurse said...

Sending you hugs. Hope it gets better soon.

JW Moxie said...

I completely get that. Time helps it, but doesn't always heal it completely. Even after all these years, there are still times that I want to stay home with them, like when someone is sick and needs to stay home with Frank. It's on those days that I HATE going to work. I just plain hate it. But, it does get better. It doesn't hurt, but there's always the desire to rush home to get to your babies/kids. That part never changes.

kaaron said...

Many hugs to you. I soooooo get it. I still struggle on a daily basis. I am usually busy enough that I don't dwell on things, but when people start asking me about him, it makes me really miss my B and I get that much closer to crying. Sigh........

MrsSpock said...

I was off for basically a year with J and the first month was rough- and now it's so much easier. It will happen!

Carrie27 said...

Never.  Sorry, I hate going to work.  I would rather be at home with the kiddos.  I get up and go to work M-F and just learn to deal with it, but I don't like it.