
Well, when I found out that our little Spot was in a new danger zone due to my incompetent cervix and that I required surgery to try to fix, things I took action. I bought not one, but two new pair of shoes. This is what left my Nordstrom shoe lady to write me a letter saying thanks for my business again, hope everything is good with the pregnancy, and she is always available if she can be helpful in any way. Basically I think she lives off of the commission from my shoe sprees, hehe! Just kidding, I'm not actually that bad - I swear. I may need to keep that letter for the pregnancy scrap book, it'll bring a smile to my face in 5 years :-)
Well, as I've mentioned I've had a increase in my cramping lately. Most of the time it seems activity related, even though 90% of the day I'm laying down on my left side. Today it got a lot worse, and I had not budged off of the couch all day. Around lunchtime I called and canceled my pedicure appointment that I made with the local lady I go to. She is someone I've known for years and said that she would be in the neighborhood anyways and would just come over and do it! Even at my insisting no about a dozen times, I finally caved when I realized she wasn't going to give up very easily.
About an hour later when I was in the bathroom I made a lovely discovery - bright red spotting. Despite all of my early pregnancy bleeding, I have not had this at all in almost three weeks, since my placenta previa moved a bit. Good thing is that I have become sort of a pro at distinguishing spotting from actual bleeding. Technically anything bright red is bleeding, but this amount I would call spotting despite that classification. I've gotten so used to things not going right that I was much more calm about this turn of events than I would had been a month ago. However, due to the sharp cramping that accompanied it's ugly relative Mr Spotting, I finally got desperate enough to call my doctor even though I technically have a morning appointment tomorrow.
Dear old doc said to keep lying on my left side, drink a ton of water (I always do), and keep an eye on my spotting to make sure it doesn't become any heavier. He said if anything changes to give him a call at home tonight, and if not he would see me first thing tomorrow morning. He reassured me that cerclages use a large wide stitch like 20 times to suture you cervix close, and that can cause spotting sometimes due to irritation. Cramping is likely due to the fact that my uterus is only 1/3rd the size of a normal uterus and is rapidly stretching to try to catch up. Neither of us believes that these are contractions, not yet. Regardless, I will be receiving the p17 shots starting tomorrow. Hopefully this will help keep the uterus quiet.
Things don't seem to be any worse than an hour ago, but I'm not sure how easy I will sleep tonight. This hasn't been one of those days that give me warm fuzzies if you know what I mean. I'll post a picture later of my toes from my first at home pedicure as long as you promise not to laugh at my goofy looking feet, okay? I'll even put on my favorite pair of sandals that I posted awhile back that I bought. (I'm ashamed to admit I later purchased them in black as well.) See I told you on my meme that posted last week that I was a girly girl homebody - today I was just that! I know I ask this a lot and you are probably sick of me asking - but please oh please can you wish us luck for some good news tomorrow, or at least a boring night and appointment tomorrow? I would so appreciate it, I really do. Thank you as always.

33 comments:
Here's to a boring night and an even boringer (i know that's not a word) appointment tomorrow. You with your own personal shoe shopper.......... sam
Your ability to stay calm is amazing. But I am glad you got some reassurance from dear old doc. I'll be thinking about you tonight - hoping you have a restful sleep and an especially dull appointment tomorrow. Glad to hear you are starting the shots. You might be calm but that uterus of yours is a little spazzy:)
Keep us posted and buy some more shoes if it makes you feel better.
Meredith
You are so strong, Sara! I admire you so much, dear. You and Spot are in my prayers and I continue to hope with all my might that everything works out ok for you. :)
Pictures of the 2 new pairs of shoes??!?! Come on, I gotta see them.
I bought 2 news pairs for every negative pregnancy test this year.
>:)
*hugs*
I'm so anxious for your appointment tomorrow. I'm sure if it was urgent, your doctor would have seen you right away.
You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Your wish is our command... sending you all the good luck and good vibes and all else that's good.
Wishing you a boring and uneventful evening! So boring that you have to tell us all about your appt. as soon as you get back tomorrow! Wishing you all the best!
Will that uterus not give you a break? You poor thing!
I am praying for you and sending you gigantic hugs!
Sending you every last good vibe I have.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that your night is boring and your appointment tomorrow brings great news. You're taking such good care of Spot... sounds like s/he is going through a growth spurt.
Your pedicurist sounds fantastic! Can't wait to see pics. :)
My fingers are crossed that your spotting goes away and stops worrying you! Good luck at the appointment tomorrow. See if your insurance company will spring for a home ultrasound machine.
Wishing you the kind of appointment that has you wondering just how interesting drying paint can be,
J
I hope that your night is really boring & tomorrow brings good news.
I so need my own personal shoe lady ;)
I'll be thinking good thoughts for a boring uneventful night and a good appointment in the morning. And btw, your doc sounds just wonderful!!
My heart immediately sank when I read this. I'll be thinking of you and Spot and praying that everything goes well tomorrow and that your doctor is right about everything (they seem to be a lot of the time...LOL!)
I think the at home pedicure was the sweetest thing someone could have done. What a great treat!
Maybe those shots will help things a great deal. The bleeding is scary, but you're right not to totally freak out every time it happens. I wasn't great at the not freaking out thing when I would spot, but that's just my nature...I'm not terribly calm :).
You should keep a record one day of what all you do so we can see what a day on the couch is like. You must have to get pretty creative with activities that can be done on the couch. During my first trimester when I practically lived on the couch, I became addicted to Facebook word games.
Thinking of you Sara and wishing you the quietest of evenings and the dullest of appointments tomorrow. I really hope the p17 shots help to lessen the cramps, as calm as you are it must still be doing your head in. Thinking of you and Spot.
Wishing you lots and lots of luck and hope for tonight and tomorrow! I hope the spotting is nothing and everything is fine at tomorrow's appointment.
Here's to a Boring appointment, Boring, Boring, Boring! Just lots of good news, baby growth, and a happy cervix! Blah, blah, blah, more happy news, strong heartbeat, lots of activity, and more wonderful boring stuff! Got it? Good, plus ((Hugs))
I hope you have a reassuring appointment tomorrow. I think the P17 shots will help out a lot.
I sent you an e-mail but not sure if you got it:
aleecarboni@yahoo.com, if you want to talk to another person with UU and IC who made it through a troubled pregnancy. Keep up the bedrest!
Andrea
Wishing and hoping for a quiet night and good news, always. :)
Your shoe story was too cute!
wishing for a good nights sleep and a great appointment tomorrow!
Always always always in my prayers, but especially tomorrow!
Much luck, hopefull thoughts, happy vibes and anything else at all I can come up with are coming your way.
And yes, keep the card from the shoe lady, thats funny.
Sending you lots of positive thoughts for an uneventful appointment tomorrow.
You are doing great!! Huge ((hugs)).
O honey, you do seem to be having an awful time of it. I am praying that things will quiet down and that your little one remains put for many weeks to come. Hang in there!
What are you going to do with all of these shoes right now? Considering you probably won't be wearing many over the next few months! haha.
Hang in there Sara, you are doing great!
I'm hoping and praying all goes well. Update us as soon as you can.
May today be the most boring day of your life. XOXO
i hope the appt went well!
if you send me your address, i'll send you some real mail. :)
seussgirl at gmail dot com
Good Luck Girlie!! Everything will be fine!
Sara, this is SO funny--I got a little handwritten card from my shoe salesperson at Nordstrom just the other day too!! Maybe this is a new thing they're doing? The only thing is, mine isn't a "regular," I can't remember who he is, and he never calls me. Hmph, my shoe boyfriend is NOT as good as your shoe girlfriend. But at least he sends me cards!
I hope all goes very boringly today, as some of your other commenters put it. I am really impressed and proud of you and how calm and strong you've been through all of this. That's what's keeping you going, I know it.
Wishing you all the best! Thank you for your kind words.
oh no! keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.
Post a Comment