
What do these two have in common? Well, they both like to steal hamburgers, or at least hamburger buns!
Yesterday when I got home from some errands I opened the door, heard some plastic crinkling followed by a big burp. The package of hamburger buns I had put on top of our refrigerator must had fallen down and my 7 pound furball ripped open the plastic, and ate four buns. Yes, the 7 pound dog ate four entire buns, and a little plastic to go with it. She probably would have eaten all eight had I not interrupted her canine feast. She actually let a large burp out, rolled on her side and looked like she was ready to fall into a carbohydrate coma of bliss. I was first worried about the plastic, but she wasn't in any respiratory distress so we were okay there. Next I was worried aboutdoggie bloat that small dogs can get that can be dangerous. But she seemed A-okay so I just watched her for any change.
Later that night when I was folding laundry she jumped up and nestled herself between the clothes. She looked at me with her big eyes like "I don't know who ate the hamburger buns, sweet old me couldn't possibly do a thing like that." Ahh, dogs are like kids in that you never know what they'll do!
On the pregnancy front things have been somewhat quiet, which I'm grateful for. I've still had some spotting every day, some days heavier than others, some days much redder than others. Still doing the limited work hours - just part time. I went to my regular OB doctor for a visit yesterday since I'm officially done with the RE. It was some what of a relief to be in a normal office with big pregnant bellies all around me. Yet it was so odd, because I felt like I shouldn't be sitting among them. As if somehow I didn't belong, there must be some mistake or something. But enough of that, maybe I'll explore that crazy thinking some other day.
I had yet another ultrasound which was great. I'm getting used to being able to see little Spot often, I've been spoiled with that. Everything was great and the heartbeat was cruising along at 170 beats per minute. Spot is still measuring about a week behind at 7.5 weeks, instead of the 8.5 it should be. But I think all of them measure either behind or ahead of schedule somewhat so I'm not even worried about that little discrepency. We set up my appointment to meet with the perinatologist at the maternal fetal medicine group (MFM) for next week to get a baseline cervix check and another ultrasound. We talked about me being co-managed by my OB and the MFM group, which was something we had discussed a few months ago. I've already met the doctor from the MFM group that I like for a preconceptual eval of my unicornuate uterus and possible complications a few months ago, so next week there shouldn't be too many surpises.
Basically I'll be seeing either my OB or the peri once a week throughout the pregnancy. My OB talked about doing weekly cervix checks to make sure it's not shortening (one of the most common complications with a unicornuate uterus is second trimester loss due to incomptent cervix). Around the 12-14 week mark we'll decide whether a cerclage is neccessary and go from there. All of the monitoring does nothing but make me feel better, I definitely won't mind making the extra trips to their offices. My OB doctor gave me his home number and cell again and told me to call at the slightest bit of sensing anything was wrong or with any changes. So to say that I left the office feeling about 100 times more comfortable would be an understatement.
Hopefully things will stay quiet until my next week Wednesday appointment. And hopefully all is well in blogland for everyone else! Until then my main goal is to put the pooch on a low carb diet until she burns off those four hamburger buns. I'm only kidding!

26 comments:
Such a cute and adorable hamburglar puppy! My dogs ate my leftover meatballs today and they were pretty happy about that.
It sounds like you've got a great OB. I'm glad you keep getting lots of checks on Spot.
Excellent news on the ultrasound. I guess as long as the growth is coming along at a steady clip, all is well. You sound as solid as a rock on the bleeding. I would be a total basketcase.
I am so glad you and I are both pulling this gig off. It is so great to have an MA companion. I think I will just cut and paste your writing on the cervical lengths and weekly alternating visists to the MFM:) I suspect, or hope, I will be recommended the same regiment through the second trimester. I don't see my OB till the 12th. I hope I like the practice. In past pregnancies I have seen midwives, but they were totally clueless about my condition so I switched to a traditional OB practice....
xo
Your puppy is so cute! Our 'puppy' is 180 lbs....sometimes I wish he were small enough to be in the house like that.
I'm so glad they are monitoring you closely. Sounds like you have a great # of people taking care of you and this little one!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today...I'm so relieved that this part is over. :)
*HUGS*
Your pupi is so cute ( and very full i bet). My friend had a cerclage this last pregnancy. If you would like to talk to her i know she would love to share info. I am so glad that you are getting such great care for lil spot. as always thank you for being so sweet and I am always thinking of you
Ohhhh, what a sweet and innocent little face, are you sure it was her?!
Great news that things have settled down this week. Sounds like you've got a fabulous OB.
Wow, 4 buns. How funny. Glad pups is ok. The OB you have sounds great and I am so glad that they are monitoring you closely. That sounds great.
I love it when doctors put a human touch to the whole medical thing. Sounds like you have a gem of a doctor. Your dog looks like my dream dog.
Your puppy is adorable! So glad you had a good appointment. It sounds like you are in good hands :)
Haha, I call my border collie The Carb Freak because he always pinches bread.
I feel VERY uncomfortable going to antenatal appts, I feel like a bit of a fraud, plus I sit there and just KNOW how easy it was for all the others to get/stay pg.
Hooray for quietness :)
Cute puppy! So glad your doctors are watching you so closely. Sounds like your doctor is great.
Your puppy story made me laugh...such a classic doggie behavior =)
As for everything else, I'm glad you are being so closely watched, and very cool for getting looks of peeks of the little one ;-)
That baby is so cute I just want to snuggle her to death!!! The buns story is hilarious, thanks for sharing. ;)
I am glad to hear things are still progressing well... I am looking forward every day to hearing a positive update from you, Miss Mama.
*hugs*
Too funny about the dog! My cat has acutally torn into a bag of bread before. Wonder why they do that? Just hunger and curiosity, I guess.
So glad to hear you are being watched so closely. It will be nice (and probably very reassuring) to get a weekly check on the baby. I won't have another US for two weeks and I am alrady bidding on dopplers on Ebay. :)
My pomeranian used to steal m&m's from our candy dish when we left him. We never noticed, until we found a pile by his toybox that he was hoarding! He totally ate some, too. Chocolate is definatly not poison to him, thank GOD!! Aren't little dogs just an absolute joy??
Glad to hear things are moving along nicely. Love the pup!
Too funny! My cats also at a few slices of bread they decided to help themselves to! I wonder if human food just tastes better?!
So glad you are feeling more comfortable and being monitored so closely. Sounds like you have a very caring doctor!
Your puppy is adorable, and that's quite the amount of food he got himself into! Love the precious look on his face, too! I love pets.
Great news on having a fantastic OB as well!! Sending lots of good wishes for strong growth of Spot!
Your puppy is adorable:) Glad you are being closely monitored-that is what has gotten me through my first trimester. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months:)
Hey girl!
I just read your post and realized that my date and time are messed up on my blog! The transfer is on Sunday, the 4th at 9:30am. Sorry about that! Thanks for the info...that really helps. After reading what you said, I hope they divide and are up to at least 7 cell by tomorrow. I'll update more after the transfer tomorrow. Thanks!
Such a cute story about the doggie - my lil mosters would have done the same thing! lol
I was told not to worry as long as the baby is measuring within a week or so of where it should be.
Thanks so much for stopping by my site, I live off of comments right now.
Congratulations on your adventures into the land of p-word, and I hope that cervix behaves itself,
J
So glad to hear that everything is still going well. It seems like you have a good team pulled together and like you couldn't ask for better in an OB!
Your dog reminds me of my great-grandmother's poodle named Chi-Chi. That dog looked a lot like yours and would also eat everything in sight.
So glad that you had an excellent ultrasound. Glad that Spot is doing well. And your OB sounds fantastic -- talk about accessible!
LOL at your hamburglar puppy... sounds like she wouldn't do well on an Atkins diet :)
Your dog is adorable!!! Too cute...little rascal.
I'm glad you are getting such good care. That's got to make you feel more assured.
Such an adorable puppy! I bet it does feel a little weird to sit in the OB's office, but I'm sure you'll get used to it soon! I'm glad things have been fairly quiet for you lately.
Hey Sara-just wanted to let you know that you and Neela won the dog ID tag from www.allisoriginals.com on my contest at ruffruffreview.blogspot.com.
If you have any other michigan people reading, i have other local contests on there right now for cool doggy stuff.
Is it bad to reward your pooch for a bad thing (like stealing buns) when she is so freakin' cute??
Post a Comment