Thank you all so much for answering my zillion questions...I truly appreciate it!
Our egg retrieval is done - after the threat of the cycle being cancelled since last Thursday I'm just happy we were able to do it at all. Despite starting out with so many good follicles, I developed a couple of pesky lead follicles while the others were small in size and lagged behind. Each day was a little touch and go, increasing my medication doses, waiting for the next ultrasound to confirm if the little slacking follicles were catching up to the large lead overachievers that were threatening my sanity. We finally got the all clear to go ahead to retrieval yesterday with the understanding that we wouldn't be retrieving many follicles that were mature..probably only four. But we moved forward anyways.
Yesterday morning my friend met me in the IVF lab after I kissed my husband goodbye for now, and my favorite nurse was on too to help my RE (another bonus). I drifted off to sleep and when I woke up I found out that we got five mature eggs. I was happy to hear we were blessed with one more! I went up to recovery, had some cramping and received a nice cocktail from my friend and pretty soon I was a happy camper snoozing away the afternoon at home watching s.ex and the city and ER reruns.
I just got a call this morning from my favorite nurse again..of the five mature eggs retrieved all five fertilized. That's 100%! I am dumbfounded and ecstatic! I quickly called my husband and that was the best phone call I ever made..he is so happy as well :-) So for now we wait for our transfer this Thursday. I am off today and go back to work tomorrow but will take it easy. What a St Pat.rick's day...I'm Irish so maybe it was the good old luck of the Irish? I don't really care...I'm just so happy we got any good embryos to try to make it to transfer...I'm taking each day as a blessing...and what a blessing we've had so far.

20 comments:
Congrats! Sounds like you're off to a good start! Grow embies,grow.
Awesome!! 5 embryos is fabulous!!! I've been dying for an update all week. Best wishes Sara!
Yay! I am so happy for you! I've been thinking about you so much and dying to know how things were going.
Hopeful for you! Keep us posted for sure. :-)
Will you definitely do a 3 day transfer?
Wonderful news. Here is to two MA's with two BFP's!!
YAY!!! So glad to read such a great report.
Fingers crossed that things continue on as fabulously as they have started.
*hugs*
Youve got some quality embryos!! Awesome news=) So glad you can rest easy knowing you have a great start to a promising journey!
Hooray! You can't get better than 100%! You guys rock!
I will keep everything crossed.
Well Happy st. Patty's Day to you!! That is wonderful news! praying for those embies!!
Wonderful! Congrats on the smooth retrieval and 5 embies!!
Yay! Great numbers!!
Yay!!!! So exciting! I'm so happy you got even 1 more than you thought! I'm sure the fact that you got only 5 means they're all good ones! Just the fact that they all fertilized shows just that!
I'll be praying that they keep growing big and strong these next couple of days!!
Congratulations! 100% is impressive, good luck with the transfer!
Great news!!!
Yay for your five embryos. I hope the are dividing nicely and that Thursday goes great.
Excellent news! I hope this is your month!
Congrats! Sounds like the luck of the Irish to me! Fingers crossed!
I am so happy things are positive!
Go Irish! Go Irish! go Irish! Go!
Congrats on egg retrieval and having all 5 fertilize!
Those are good numbers. Congratulations and I wish you all the best!!! Keep us posted.
Awesome news!!! You and your five little ones will be in my thoughts!
Post a Comment