
Here is a picture of my sister's house with her new St Bernard puppy 14 weeks and my little 7 lb furchild (full grow). I finally feel well on my way. Sunday aka day three went off without a hitch. Woke up early and went to my sister's house to see my niece and three nephews and their new St Bernard. I took my 7 lb furchild to see her cousin and let the dogs play. It basically was like an hour of ass sniffing and avoiding the kids stepping on them. Well actually that would be stepping on my dog since the st bernard already towers over her at 14 weeks. He will be a big doggie!
Later in the day I went to dinner with some friends from work to our favorite Japanese steakhouse where they cook the food right in front of you. Had some great sea bass and some shrimp...yum. My friend and I also split some sushi rolls. I guess that's one of the good things about not being pregnant is that I can indulge in some raw things I'll only have to dream of if I do get medically knocked up someday. It was yummy!
Later in the evening I began my stims...to say I was excited to start is an understatement. First syringe up was the Lupron...no biggie I've been doing that one for awhile now and I just had to decrease the dose from 10 units down to 5 per night. Second syringe up was the Menopur 75 units. I mixed that one up and no biggie other than the fact that the volume of fluid that was in the syringe was a little bit bigger so it stung a bit. Tonight I'll try mixing it with a little less of the saline because it is fine so hopefully that'll help. Lastly was the Follistim 225 units. Follistim is so odd how it comes in this pen, and you must assemble it, with the multidose cartridge and special needles and what not. I secretly think it's a scam by the makers to charge more money..but that's just me! I know follistim has been called folliSTING due to the fact that it stings, but mine was lucky enough not to. Hopefully it'll continue to be A-okay. How a RE decides how much follistim to start with is still a mystery to me. I know my dosage may get adjusted as the week goes, but the starting dose among women seems to vary so much.
So basically my stims went off without a hitch. I went to bed and woke up without much change. I'm now sitting back waiting for my twinges to start so I know my follicles are growing. I don't change a thing until Wednesday when I get some lab work drawn and await a call from the nurse with any dosage changes. Then Thursday my daily ultrasounds start. Well, I'm off to mall walk. I'm quite proud of my self..Saturday I did about three miles at my favorite mall with my husband, yesterday the temp outside got up to a blazing 35 degrees so I actually hit up a 3 mile run. I feel like I should continue on the activity while I'm motivated.

11 comments:
Oh my goodness, I want sushi so bad. We used to get it all the time for lunch at work, but now I've moved and work at home. Maybe I will work on convincing everyone that we need sushi this weekend.
Cute puppies! Glad your injections went well! Enjoy your exercise now because in a week when your ovaries are full of follicles, you won't want to be jiggling at all.
well isn't this a post of a pro!
I found your blog through my friend Mo's (the Making of Baby V) I just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world for your IVF! We're pretty close to being cycle buddies. I'm a week behind you.
Awwww love the little ones!
SO glad the stims went well-its scary to start, so Im glad there werent any problems!
Love the puppies-so cute. ;)
Shots are so weird. It freaks me out still how they don't hurt as bad as you think they will, but I still psych myself out every time!
good deal for you. First day of injections is always a real test of ... i had to take my lupron in the morning and follistim + menopur at night for my last cycle
Oh how fun! Ok, not really. But I can totally see how you would be excited! Every day is one step closer to having a really good chance at being pregnant! Yay! Good job with the injections and very good job with the running. I have been so lax with my excercising lately. Needless to say, I'm ready for some nice weather so I can actually go outside and do stuff!
I'd try and answer some of your questions (that you asked in your next post) but I only have second-hand info. My sister went through it. But I'll wait since I know so many girls around here have done it and know a heck of a lot more than I do.
Catch ya later!
Glad your first day of stims went well. For me the follistim didn't sting too bad as long as I let it warm up a bit. The menopur always stung like crazy. I hope your appt on Wed goes well.
Adorable puppies!
MMMMM seafood, I don't care for anything raw though blech.
The FSH will sting if it's cold, beware!
Those are cute furry puppies!! I enjoy sushi too. Very yummy. I'm glad your stims went well.
Post a Comment