Friday, February 1, 2008

Tag I'm it.

I've been tagged by Jen and I should not break the circle I guess...plus it sounds fun!

The Rules:
1) Link to the person that tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people at the end of your post and link to their blogs
5) Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6) Let the fun begin!

1. I love ice cream...I eat a scoop for part of my breakfast sometimes on the way out to work. Sometimes I even get up in the middle of the night, go downstairs and have a spoonful. I have on average 4-6 containers of various ice cream at a time in my freezer. Favorite flavor since childhood is oreo/cookies and cream. As an adult I've progressed to moose tracks with Mackinaw Island fudge from right here in Michigan!

2. I have a shoe fetish. I often buy shoes, don't wear them for a few weeks and slowly break them out so my husband doesn't notice them all at once. (Although this is now a joke between us, he doesn't mind because my shoes cost less than the endless electronics he buys as an electrical engineer). As I've posted before...there is actually a lady in the shoe department at our local Nordstroms who calls me when they get new shoes in my size that she thinks I'll like. I have a honken huge size 9 1/2. Hopefully it doesn't get much larger if I'm fortunate enough to get pregnant someday!

3. I love my dog...maybe a little too much. I truly consider her my furchild. Sometimes when it's just the two of us I'll talk to her and rub her ears! I have pictures of her all over my locker at work. But don't worry...yes I do realize she's a dog.

4. I am a very insecure person who internalizes everything. Outwardly I'm calm...inside I'm just insecure.

5. I complain about the snow but love it. We get some, but not too much for my liking. I would love to live in a foreign European country someday for 6 months to a year. But I doubt I'll ever get the balls to do so. I love my family and friends too much. But there is something so different and great about overseas.

6. The fact that my parents are getting older scares me. They had me when they were 40, and are approaching 70. I'm really close with them and worry about them although they're healthy.

7 Yes I know I'm only supposed to have six but I'm long winded! I have the best husband in the world. He's so understanding, and truly my best friend. Oh yeah...and I'm so appreciative for those I've met on this fertility journey even though I may not have met you. I especially wanted to say thanks to Farah .

Farah has been an awesome support. She hasn't forgotten about me along her journey, is always honest, warm and sincere...so thanks girl. You're the best!

Also a thank you to Becca. She is truly my other half to my uterus...my other half to my UU...as weird as that sounds!

Elizabeth has also been great as another fellow UUer...I love hearing about her surrogacy journey as I realize that this may be a reality for us someday also.

I'm tagging Farah, Becca, and Elizabeth .

2 comments:

Jen said...

Well you beat me to leaving a comment but I enjoyed reading your trivia!

Yetty said...

i know how the outwardly confident inwardly quaking thing works. I've perfected it into almost an art form in the last 31 years. A shoe fetish is one of the nicer fetishes you can have by the way.