Thanks for all of the suggestions to help bulk up over summer, you made me laugh!
While the sudden flurry of doctors appointments have given me a headache worth of things to ponder, poor Brynn has had a headache for another reason. While at the park the other day a couple of young boys asked if they could borrow Brynn's soccer ball. Since she wasn't using it my husband said sure, and started video taping her new obsession of going up and down the big blue slide at our favorite park. Suddenly Brynn noticed the boys playing with her ball and walked over to take a closer look. You can see what happened next! Funny that we don't do many videos but my husband happened to catch Brynn getting up close and personal with the ball. Poor thing didn't even cry! I think she was stunned and then happy to get the ball back.
The nurse in me was pondering taking her to get the old noggin checked out that night, but since she didn't even seemed phased I opted to check on her a few times while she slept to make sure she was okay. Luckily Brynn was just ticked off that I woke her out of a slumber three times that night...but she was fine. Maybe she'll be great at doing headers in the toddler soccer league in a year and a half?
On the weekend we had some friends over Saturday night and then on Sunday went to celebrate my nephew's birthday at my sister's place. It was a packed weekend, but a ton of fun. I decided to practice making my 90 year old grandmother's lemon pie recipe today with some homemade whip cream. Delicious! And I'm supposed to be adding some extra calories, right? Well, I think my doc meant some more protein and healthy weight - but I'm sure a little lemon pie would be what the doctor ordered :-)
I'm only joking about this since in all actuality I'm still just a little in shock that we've decided to go down this road. I have an appointment with my peri on July 14th and with the gastroenterologist for later that week as well. I ran into my peri while I was at work on Friday during lunch. One of the things that he is very persistent about is me getting in as good of shape physically as I can before we get pregnant. He said to look at this like we were training for a marathon since this pregnancy might be a very long road. My peri wants me to eat a lot of lean protein and build up some muscle mass through activity. One of the main problems when we were pregnant with Brynn was me spilling ketones from all the muscle wasting that I encountered from not being able to eat. He said we would discuss the option of a PICC line earlier on in the pregnancy if need be for me to get nutrition by IV if need be so I could hopefully spend more time at home and less in the hospital than I did with Brynn. Hopefully we won't encounter the nausea and vomiting issue like last pregnancy to the same extent, but it's nice to have a plan. I REALLY don't want a PICC line, but if we got to that point - I know that there are way worse things. Plus if it would allow me to spend more time and home and less in the hospital, I would be a very happy camper. I know we have to go into this cycle with a positive attitude or not to bother so that's where I'm trying to get my head at the moment.
My peri also mentioned that we have to discuss what type of cerclage that he or my OB would place. I am somewhat familiar with the different types of cerclages but am a bit confused as to why we might do a different one than last time. I'm trying to write down all of my questions before my July 14th appointment so I won't forget anything.
Well, I'm off to gobble up some protein while it's feeding time at the zoo...I mean dinner time at my house...and then am going to attempt a jog while pushing Brynn in the running stroller. I'm just glad she's not a big 19 month old :-) Hope everyone has a great night!

15 comments:
I really like the idea of training for this like it is a marathon. :) I know you'll be as ready as you can be this time!
I loved the video! Brynn looks so cute toddling up to that big kid soccer game. Of course, it'd have been nicer for her not to be hit in the head. Did the boys seem concerned?
Lemon pie, yum!
Sounds like the marathon is a great analogy and that you've got a great team of "trainers."
Glad Brynn is ok!!
At least you know she is going to be hard headed and fight for what she wants :-)
Luna bars are high in protein and are great snacks. Currently buying them for a few weeks now as I am trying to work out and tone up.
Oh the need for protein. That's been my struggle for a couple of months now. Granted I can only eat itty bitty small amounts so I can't get it by food and so I keep searching for protein supplements. I hope that you are able to beef up over the summer and get yourself to the best possible health. Thinking of you lots.
Poor little girlfriend!!! Good luck with the "bulking-up" your pie sounded yummy too :)
Well, the PICC line sounds awful, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do! I had mine for almost 4 weeks and was finally starting to get used to it when they told me I could finally get it out!! I think Carter's curiosity was the worst part because he always wanted to know what it was when I had it unwrapped.
I am so glad you have a plan in place. I am a big fan of Benecalorie and modulan protein powders too. Weight training adds muscle mass quickly, your little girl is the perfect free weight, she is getting so big, you could use her for chest and leg lifts.
Brynn is super tough too, that's my kind of girl.
Big Hugs to All!
Oh my goodness...that video made me gasp out loud! LOL Bless her heart. She's a tough cookie. But we've known that from the beginning. :)
Lemon pie? Um, I need your 90 year old Grandmother's recipe!! Yum!
Mmmmm, lemon pie sounds like it is exactly what the doctor ordered.
I also love the marathon analogy.
Brynn is one tough cookie!
The analogy of training for a marathon sounds like just what you need to do. I know that I've been supplementing my lack of appetite, but need for protein for the twins with muscle milk drinks. They aren't too bad...
BUT lemon pie sounds SO much better!
Hi Sara-- it's Hollie @ Welcome to the Land of IVF. I haven't posted in forever. Matter of fact, I have inactivated my blog for now. But I wanted to let you know I have the same fears of becoming pg again. I was hospitalized for 5 wks with an incompetent cervix and still ended up delivering at 28.5 wks. My little girl is a very healthy baby though with no problems- we were extremely blessed. But I want a second child- IF I can get pg again, I wonder should I? I think we've ruled out IVF again, but some days, I think, "Maybe ONE more time???" Anyway, I know your struggles right now. I'll be following you often. I'm thinking about reopening my blog too- about motherhood and TTC #2 now!!!
Aww poor little one. Wow 19 months can you believe it? She is getting so big. I read your previous post and saw the photos she is a cutie.. Your lemon pie is exactly what the doctor ordered. (Teehee).. Good luck on your new road of life. You can do it.
Just catching up here! Boy, have I missed a lot!
You have to make the choice that is best for you, and you are doing absolutely everything possible to make that choice a healthy one for yourself and your family.
No matter how much people told me my next pregnancy would/could be different I told them they were nuts. But here I am. 20 weeks in and I only barfed once (I struggled with low weight too!) Cerclage in with no troubles yet. 17P shot seem to be working. I am not so optimistic that I'll skip bedrest all together, but it is true that your next pregnancy CAN be different. Just eliminating the nutritional issues would do wonders for you! I have my fingers crossed that at least one of your issues will fail to catch up with you this time around. I AM HOPEFUL!
I am just so excited for you... and cheering you on as you get pumped up pre-pregnancy. Too funny.
I laughed out loud when I saw that ball plunk down on Brynn's head. Glad she was ok, but man, that was funny.
Hey Sara...given your profession, I have a few videos on my blog today that will amuse you.
That's it! Brynn will be playing in the Women's World Cup by the time she's in college!! Woo-hoo!
Training for a marathon sounds like a good analogy. And I'm excited for you!! Seems like a great idea to make more of your Gram's lemon pie ... :-)
Post a Comment