Sunday, August 3, 2008

Some more nursery progress

Yikes - it all of the sudden actually looks like we plan on having a baby in our house someday! What I mean is that we have a crib assembled - no mattress or bedding on it yet - but a crib none the less.

Saturday my husband went about the job of assembling our crib. About 5 minutes into it he realized that the manufacturer attached the wrong directions, but he was able to do most without the directions. What little he couldn't - he was able to track down online. Our dog thought the whole process of putting the crib together was a little tiring for a weekend and decided to catch a nap while he was searching online, LOL!

With actual directions the crib was really easy to assemble and pretty much was together in an hour or so.



So tahhh - dahhhhh drum roll please. Finally we had an assembled crib!

Hopefully the dresser will be in after a couple of weeks, and in the meantime I can plan some decorating. That will be the fun part! We did put down a small throw rug we got this week from Restoration Hardware's Baby section. I think it'll match the pink and khaki bedding nice hopefully. Our dog sure liked it, and quickly sat down to take another nap. At first though she looked like she was ready to take a flying ride on a magic carpet or something - because the edges were still kind of curled up.

(Hmmm where shall I go on my magic carpet ride? Will they have some doggie treats for me there? Or at least some peanut butter....I do love peanut butter, and bananas!)

Well, I hope everyone is having a great weekend - and enjoying those last gorgeous weekends of summer. We watched A Mighty Heart with Angelina Jolie last night which was about a true life story of a Wall Street Journal reporter kidnapped in Pakistan back in 2002. It wasn't too bad - pretty much anything that can hold my interest for two hours these days on my mush brain is okay with me. Plus I like movies based on true stories - which this was. We might get brave and watch the second lord of the rings movie soon - my husband is wanting to continue the series and who am I to object :-) I filled my tummy with some more food from Noodles and Company..yummy! Bankgok curry noodles (there isn't too much curry on it I swear) and I was one happy girl. Maybe it was the yogurt moose tracks dessert I downed after it, but whatever it was I got some good movement from Spot afterwards. In fact - I think she was hiccuping at 3AM last night! Now that feels weird.

If you get a chance go wish Hollie good luck on her IVF cycle - she's near retrieval. Also the evil stepmonster is in the wait after her last IVF cycle - and everyone can use a hug then.

18 comments:

Luke said...

that's a beautiful crib and rug! I'm wanting to nest so bad, but I have to wait until after my shower that my family is throwing. Over 70 invites went out and only two people RSVP'd "no", so I don't really know what I'm getting. Our crib is on back order until late August. It's driving me nuts having to wait. I LOVE the room! I can't wait to see it complete with the bedding. Have you chosen wall stuff yet?

battynurse said...

Yay for crib all put together. It's a very nice one. The room I'm sure will look fantastic. I love the pic of your dog on your husbands lap top. I have a pic of one of my cats sleeping on mine. Animals are so funny.

Debz said...

houston, we have a crib. its a nice one too! it does appear that you will have a "spot" for spot before to much longer.

admin said...

You two are so ambitious... What did I tell you before? Slow down, you're making us look like of a bunch of slacker chumps! Not only do we have no crib or rug, we have no walls to make the roomie's room!!!

Kudos for getting a jump start. The crib is beautiful:)
m

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

It's beautiful and your dog is just so cute. I'm so glad things are coming together. The shower sounds great and I can't wait to start planning your online shower for your blog buddies. Best to All and Greetings from New Hampshire! (((Hugs)))

Carrie27 said...

I love the crib! It reminds me of the one we originally got for Addyson. Once the bedding is in there, it will just take your breath away to walk into and see it all.

You'll love having a girl. Styling her hair and putting her in the cutest clothes. LOL!

Lost in Space said...

I love your crib and am so happy you are excited about getting everything decorated. Your pictures of your dog always crack me up. What a little personality. (:

Aunt Becky said...

Decorating the nursery is easily the best part. That and the sweet kicks from within.

Jill said...

I really like the crib and the rug! This room is going to be cute!

Keep the pics coming! :)

*HUGS*

Tracy said...

Great pics! Your dog is tooo adorable. The 2nd LOTR was great, but my favorite was the last one. Maybe you guys should plan a marathon?

Can't wait to see how the nursery unfolds...it's beautiful so far.

Evil Stepmonster said...

Lucky little spot! It's such a gorgegous room when bare, I can't image how beautiful it will be when you've finished it. Yep, starting to get exciting now.... although no delivery for a while yet, ok?

Chastity said...

The crib and rug are both beautiful! You're so far ahead of me!! I have nothing done.

Kim said...

beautiful - and I must say I love the Bangkok Curry from Noodles and Company. And the Mac n' cheese, and so on down the menu.

SassyCupcakes said...

Beautiful crib. Cute dog too.

Two Shorten the Road said...

Nice crib! And your pup is so cute, I just want to steal her. :)

I worked at the WSJ when Daniel Pearl was kidnapped. Most people who knew him well thought the movie didn't remotely do justice to his character or to his wife's. The movie is *loosely* based on Marianne Pearl's book of the same name.

Candi said...

IT LOOKS GREAT! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!

kaaron said...

Looks like you have made some beautiful choices! If I had seen the RH baby line before I won my ebay bid, I may have very well changed my choices.

Pauline said...

hey-that IS the same color as buttercup's room!
and pinkand khaki sounds cute for the bedding. I wanted pink in our set too, but Sweeter said no so we can reuse for the next baby. Oh well. I will live through your girly set!
so cute! and tell the hubby I said Hello!