Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First appointment at the RE for round two

Well last Thursday was our first appointment with our RE for round two. M dropped off her two younger kiddos at our house and my other friend watched M's two little ones and Brynn. When we arrived at the office, M kept joking with me about all the pictures of babies that are in the RE's waiting room - mainly the ones with twins, triplets and even a few quads, LOL! Boy wouldn't that be a shocker if we ended up with more than one! All in all the appointment went off without a hitch. M and I met with my doctor and went through the process of a frozen cycle and then we were able to get some of the testing done that is necessary for M. There's still more that has to be done for all four of us at a later date closer to the actual transfer. It's so weird saying the four of us instead of the two of us :-) My RE said that basically the FDA treats the transfer of an embryo to a gestational carrier like the transfer of any other organ - such as a kidney. Kind of interesting, I never looked at it quite that way. He also discussed how many of our frozen embryos we would want to transfer to M. My RE said that each of the three frozen embryos have about a 50% chance of surviving the thaw. His recommendation was to transfer two embryos (if we are lucky enough to have two survive thaw). So transfering two would be our ideal since that is his recommendation.

Next we met with my favorite nurse and went over a few more details such as timing and further screening. Basically timing that works well for both us as well as M and her family. Our next step is that M has to call the clinic when she starts her cycle in September for some day three lab work as well as a few other things. Basically I'm not in a huge hurry - I'm feeling really good that the process was started and that M finally got to meet my RE and some of the office staff. If things take a little longer than originally planned or we want to take all the screening slowly - that's totally cool with me. I just want everything to be as low stress and low key as possible for both us and M's family of course. Low pressure is good for everyone I think, well as low pressure as possible :-)

Today I have Brynn's 9 month well visit checkup and am hoping that goes well and uneventful as well. Later this week I am meeting with my OB/gyn to discuss the process of M delivering with him if we (M) are blessed enough to become pregnant at some point in this process. I always enjoy his imput on things so I want to meet with him as well since he will be an integral part in this process. As I mentioned M has delivered through him before so that is one less thing to worry about. She also has a wonderful doctor that she delivered her daughter through so we're lucky to have two good people to chose from if need be (that's totally up to M of course.)

Well I'm off to make Brynn another snack...I swear that kiddo is eating like a champ as always...and constantly, LOL! Her favorite food this week is brocolli and nectarines. Not together of course :-) Hope everyone is having a great week and sorry for the slow update.

18 comments:

JW Moxie said...

Firstly, I can't believe that Miss Brynn is already NINE months old! Where does the time go?

I am so very excited that everything is falling into place for round two! I'm so, so very excited for you!

Anonymous said...

WOWOWOWOW! so exciting!

Meghan said...

9 months!!! It's crazy how fast the time goes by when you start measuring it in baby milestones ;)

Glad the appt with the RE went well. So exciting

HereWeGoAJen said...

How exciting! It sounds like it is going really well.

The Mommy said...

So glad that things are moving forward!!
And your miracle is getting to be such a big girl!!

CJ said...

How exciting! So I have 2 frozen E's and I am paying $400 to keep them a year, this year being the first. Is it worth it if only 50% chance of surviving the thaw? What do you think? Reply on my blog.

Soapchick said...

Glad you had a great appt.

Beautiful Mess said...

WOW! things are just moving right along! How exciting!

Happy 9 months Brynn! How crazy is THAT?!
*HUGS*

battynurse said...

Glad the appointment went well and that things are moving along. This is so exciting!

Michelle said...

Glad that you got things rolling and everything is going well. Also very happy to hear that Brynn is eating like a champ. I hope all continues.

Thankful Terri said...

Wow - how wonderful is that. The process is going to be great for you all.

I am happy Ms. Brynn is eating like a champ. Come on kiddo!!

G likes pretty much anything you put in front of her. She LOVES avacado, pasta.

Go Brynn Go!!

Good luck on operation sibling

Anonymous said...

So excited you are getting closer! Sounds like you gals have great docs and they will take great care of all of you. Gosh-that 9 months flew by!

Debz said...

If I come will you make me brocolli and nectarines? And can I sleep and play and do NOTHING else?
Get back to me on that will ya?

Glad things seem to be progressing smoothly for y'all. Fingers crossed it continues in your and M's favor.

Two Shorten the Road said...

It sounds like things are going pretty well overall -- I'm hoping one of those little frozen guys makes it on your first round. :)

Can't believe Brynn is 9 months!

Hilary said...

So excited for everyone!! praying that everything goes smoothly too!!! this is so exciting!! :) Brynn 9 months old?! Where has the time gone!?

Cibele said...

happy nine montha sweet girl!!! hopefully soon you wil, be a big sister!

Suraita said...

So glad to hear the appointment went well - I hope Brynn's check up was good too!

AwkwardMoments said...

9 months! really! whoa time is flying!

Sounds like a great RE appointment