Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Almost nine months and shopping already




Can't believe Brynn is approaching nine months old already. July has just flown by and we've been spending some time in up north Michigan at my parent's cottage. I'll try to upload some photos over the next few days of us at their place. But perhaps even more enjoyable than that is the time that Brynn and I have spent doing some mom and daughter shopping. With the cruddy economy shopping takes a bit more skill these days and you really have to look for a good deal. But Brynn and I did pretty well last week. At Nordstoms we found a fall coat for her at half price since it's July and technically the off season. When I asked Brynn if she liked it - she grabbed it and nestled it right up to her face. We had an instant winner! Then when we got home she modeled it for her dad. Needless to say she was pretty wiped out after all that shopping and crashed in the pack and play at my parent's later that day :-)

Brynn had another check up yesterday at the doctor's and it was a good one. Things with her heart are holding status quo and they're still just monitoring things. That is the best news we can hear right now. No news is good news if you know what I mean. She also weighed in at a whooping 14lbs! Not bad for almost 9 months!

More to update soon - but Brynn is crying and I have a feeling it's because Big Brother is about to come on and we have on the wrong channel. Hope everyone is having a good week and looking forward to catching up :-)

18 comments:

JW Moxie said...

HOW CUTE IS SHE? She just grows cuter and cuter each day! I know that I haven't been around much lately (sorry!), but I am SO glad to read that your plans are moving ahead! I can't wait!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Oooh, I love that first picture! She looks so happy!

Jill said...

I seriously want to eat her up! She is so stinkin' cute. :)

battynurse said...

She's such a cutie. That first picture is great.

Michelle said...

Awww she looks like such a happy baby! I am happy to hear that the appointment went well and everything is status quo. Lets keep it that way! You are all in my thoughts!

Anne said...

She is so cute in those pictures. The coat is adorable on her.

Hilary said...

She does look super cute!!! We love BB too I would cry if it was on the wrong channel too here hehehe!! Glad she got a good check-up at the doctor too..praying for you guys too :)

kaaron said...

How adorable! You are setting the standards high starting at Nordie's! :) Love the coat; it is perfect! Glad to hear the no news is good news bit.

Cheryl said...

What a cutie! LOVE the coat!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

The coat is adorable and Brynn's smile is delightful. Great pictures, glad all is well w/you all.

Adriane said...

Adorable. Love the new coat!! Nine months already? Can't believe it!

Carrie27 said...

What an adorable coat especially on Brynn.

Glad to hear things are going well, and hoping they continue to do so.

Thankful Terri said...

I love love that coat. So cute. Little Ms. Brynn way to go on the gaining weight. Your catching up to G. she is only 17 lbs and just a few weeks older than you. Good job.

Glad to hear the heart is still holding strong and no major changes.

Morrisa said...

She is a cutie! As always!

Amanda said...

She is so cute! She looks like a beautiful little porcelain doll!

Hooray for no news!

I love that jacket!

jenn said...

She is too freaking cute!

JJ said...

9 months...wow, where has the time gone?! She is so stinkin cute! And how exciting that plans are moving forward for operation sibling=) And always sending prayers for a strong Brynn!

Two Shorten the Road said...

She is so freaking cute, and I love the coat!