Monday, May 18, 2009

48 hours will tell it all

I feel so silly. I have everything to write...but I have nothing to write. In just 48 short hours I'll know if our little girl is A-OK or could possibly need heart surgery. My hopes are that everything is fine - but my mommy and nurse instinct tells me otherwise. Somehow...I know something just isn't right. Today Brynn started sweating as she ate - wonderful. But yet I'm trying not to jump to conclusions. That is so easy to do these days. I just want to know what's going on. This past weekend I worked both days, and both days seemed an eternity. I just want to know our story...and what is going on with our family. It was actually a great weekend at work - Saturday I did a bowel resection and then just two C-sections. And Sunday we did two hip replacements and then I actually lounged around and watched Desperate Housewives finale while on call. Actually just about as good of a weekend as one could ask for work wise...but still....seemed an eternity.

As I was saying...I have nothing to say, but everything to say....if that makes any sense. I stay awake at night and stare at the ceiling. I just wish I could sleep. I listen for any cry, any wimper on the monitor. I want to rush in at any sign that things aren't right. But I know that's crazy. Brynn is asleep and fine. But yet I know that something is not quite right with our little girl. The lovely shade of purple and blue that her hands, feet, and lips turn while I feed her tell me otherwise. And I'm just so worried. I just worry about our girl.

37 comments:

Sully said...

Praying for you guys, Sara. Keep us posted.

Nicole O'Dell said...

Many, many prayers!

Jill said...

Still praying.....

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Sara, I keep you and Brynn very close to my heart and prayers. I am here for you all. Big ((Hugs))

Dear Miss Brynn, Take good care, your Mommy and Daddy love you so. Your friend and future shopping buddy in Los Angeles, Martha

Soapchick said...

Praying that the next 48 hours go by quickly.

Aunt Becky said...

Man, I wish they could have gotten you in sooner. Way to prolong the stress. I remember finally being relieved by Amelia's brain surgery. At least it was over.

I'm praying like mad.

Jill said...

Continuing to pray for little Brynn...and you too, Mama.

((hugs))

Not in the Water said...

I will pray for you guys...and I am sure in the end she will be ok. Brynn is fighter...whether she needs a little assistance through the medical world or not, she'll be ok.

Adriane said...

I hope these next 48 hours go by quickly and you get some answers. I am praying for your family, Sara.

Anonymous said...

You have both made it through so much so far. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tammy

Jen said...

Sara, you remain in my prayers, and I'm so sorry you are going through this difficult time.

Beautiful Mess said...

It makes ALL the sense in the world! We're all here for you, praying. I'm sending you an extra hug today. I haven't stopped thinking about you in DAYS!
*HUGS HUGS*

AwkwardMoments said...

Praying for you in the next 48 hours until we know what we have to pray for

battynurse said...

Thinking of you and hoping that the results come soon. Sometimes I think ignorance is bliss. Often for me having seen the bad stuff makes waiting even worse as I can dwell on all the possibilities.

Susanna said...

Sara, I've been thinking about you and Brynn so much lately, and hoping for good news for you.

Amanda said...

sending up more prayers!

Carrie27 said...

Continued hugs and prayers.

The Mommy said...

You'll all be in my prayers.

Meghan said...

You're always in my thoughts. Good luck at your appt this weekend

Jesus, My Best Friend said...

Praying so hard for the health of this precious baby girl and her concerned, loving momma! much love!

Thankful Terri said...

Hang in there. I know better said than done. She is a fighter. She will fight what ever issue she has. I am keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all is well. Ms. Brynn -- my you have nothing wrong with you!!! Your family I am sure loves you and Neela needs her baby sis..

Anonymous said...

Oh Sara, keeping you, husband and Miss Brynn in my prayers xxx

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you. I know you can deal with whatever the outcome is. It is what it is, but I wish you just KNEW what it was already!

Evil Stepmonster said...

Sitting with you, waiting for good news.....

admin said...

thinking about you and Brynn, sweetie.

SmartAssMom said...

I've been thinking lots about you both, and am sending all good thoughts and vibes your way.

jenn said...

I am thinking & praying for good news for you & Brynn!

Heather said...

I'm worried for her too. Mommy instincts are usually spot on. I'm glad she is getting the evaluation she needs. I am praying for your little girl.

Tracy said...

Sara, just wanted to let you know I'm here, and I'm praying, and thinking of you both.

HereWeGoAJen said...

I've been thinking about you guys and praying for sweet baby Brynn. I'm sending lots of love!

Michelle said...

No doubt you are worried! I hope things are good for Brynn. You and her are in my prayers!

Peeveme said...

Thanking of you and your family.

Kristen said...

Sara, I am praying for you and your family. Eagerly awaiting an update. XOXO

kaaron said...

Continued T&Ps!

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

I know how it feels to worry like that. Gawd, do I know...I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking about you and Brynn and praying for the all clear!!!

sarah said...

I'll be updating constantly. Our I feel like she's part mine (as an 'internet'), since I've been willing her to live and stay inside and breathe and live etc for a year now. THe suspense is painful.

Two Shorten the Road said...

I so hope everything went well today.