I can't believe Brynn turned three months old this past weekend! She has come so far from those first few days. I am so thankful that God has allowed us to call such an amazing little being our very own daughter. Often Brynn with just smile and coo at me and makes all of these little noises as if she's trying to have a conversation with me. Best news of all is that she's continuing to thrive and grow despite her early slow weight gain. Brynn is growing like a weed and is continuing on a steady growth path. Taking Zantac for her reflux seems to do the trick and she doesn't seem to have as much of a malabsorption problem anymore - it's still there, but so much better. As of today she's over 9 pounds and that is such good news for us to hear. I have no doubt that that number will continue to skyrocket as we're getting past several of her earlier issues. Happy endings do exist! Now if only her mom could get off of her lazy butt to write her birth story...maybe by next weekend?
These days Brynn continues to dislike her swing and bouncer - she sounds like she's being assaulted when you place her in them, but that's fine with me. I love to hold her anyhow! Her good friends are still her boppy and her tummy time mat. That gives me a few places to place the little one when I need a break. Night time sleeping is going better as well. Although she still gets up several times a night to feed, she quickly falls back asleep. Often she's asleep as I'm holding her up for the 45 minutes after her bottle. When I place her back in her bassinett she might fuss for a few minutes but will calm herself down now. That is a huge improvement from earlier weeks. I know as her weight gain continues and she continues to take more at each feeding, she'll eventually hopefully be able to drop one of those night time feedings and we'll all get more sleep. But hey, whatever it takes, right?
On the feeding front - thanks again for all of your imput with the BF and formula issue. I tried the milk based Similac formula for one of her bottles over the last few days and continued to pump and do the rest breastmilk. The first day or so went okay until Brynn broke out with a major yeast infection rash "down below." I did the exact same thing as a child my mom said and I was fine on a soy based formula. So, that's what we're going to try next. For a few days I think I'll just use all breastmilk as best I can, and then we'll try one bottle a day of Similac Soy. My supply has been a bit better the last few days for whatever reason so that shouldn't be a problem. Brynn didn't seem to mind the taste of formula at least, so I'm glad we don't have that issue. We'll find something that works - just a trial and error thing.
Yesterday was also Brynn's baptism and it was a really nice day that we got to spend with some family and friends. I'll post tomorrow about that because I think the bambino needs her next feeding. How time flies these days! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

28 comments:
Wow, 3 months already? She's getting so big. :)
3 months old and more beautiful and adorable everyday! I'm so glad you are both doing well. Good luck with the supplementing w/formula.
Thank you so much for your sweet comment today, that gave me Yet Another Perfect Moment! ((Hugs))
I can't believe 3 months have passed either! I swear, she has the prettiest lips, it's the first thing I notice in her pics. I hope my baby has pretty lips like that. :)
((HUGS))
I can't believe that 3months has passed already!!! She's one cute looking baby! I'm gonna have to ask you for advice soon. You've got the Best Mummy Award from me for sure!:)
xoxoxo.
How sweet she is..She is adorable.
Wow, how time flies. She is getting so big and as always she is just so darn cute!
She looks like a little doll in the first picture. 3 months?! It does not seem like it. Glad she's gaining and doing so well. YAY!!!
In that first picture she looks like she's surprised to find out she's 3 months old.
Time does fly and it's so good to hear and see you all doing so well.
Keep eatin baby girl.
You to mama.
Look at that face!
Sympathies on the flux. My two both have it and Naan really struggled until Zan.tac. :)
J
Brynn is 3 months?!? What??? Where did the time go? She's looking super cute!!
(Kind of crazy that I was heavier than her when I was born! I was a heafty 10lb something...)
Glad to hear her eating has improved. Still praying for all of you.
~~HUGS~~
Happy 3 months! I can;t beleive that she is already that old.
Good Luck with everything
Hard to believe she's 3 months old already. She's such a cutie!!
UGH--too fast, too fast!!!
She has the most kissable lips!
BTW, mine hated the swing until about three months old. They love it now!
Just adorable. Glad everything is going so well, Sara.
oh my ... looks at those beautiful eyes! she's soo gorgeous! hard to believe she's that old already : ) thanks for your sweet, sweet comments on my blog. i am so glad that we have become blogger pals :D
Happy 3 months!!!
She is so beautiful! I am so happy that she is doing so well and that things continue to get better.
I'm with Alex and Jill...such beautiful lips. :-)
She is gorgeous! I can't believe it's been 3 months already- it really does fly by doesn't it?!
Happy 3 months birthday to Brynn! She sure is one gorgeous girl. Sounds like you are doing great at figuring it all out.
*hugs*
She's absolutely adorale and yes those lips are so pretty (& for the record you are still my "Mommy-hero". I look at where you've come from, where you are today and the poise and dignity you've shown through it all and I am humbled
Oh, she is SO pretty!
Happy three month birthday!
She is just a doll, Sara! Happy 3 month bday, Brynn!!
Her features are perfect! So flippin' adorable!
I didn't realize she is 3 months already, shoot the babies are going to be 5 months old tomorrow. Time is going too fast, that is for sure!
I noticed that once my babies got on their reflux meds, they got more comfortable and enjoyed the swing and bouncer more.
Your little pumpkin is growing-up so fast! It seems like just days ago we were cheering you on through bed rest. I'm sure it all feels like a blur to you at times, too. So happy to hear that Brynn contines to progress with her eating and weight gain. ( I hope you're able to do the same!)
Happy 3 months Brynn!
She's a beauty, Momma...and getting so big.
wow 3 months..Brynn you are such a jewel..glad the formula is working out for you. Congrats on the batismism too..god definately has blessed you :)
She is truly and angel...
...just want to (((hug))) her:-D
She. Is. So. BEAUTIFUL! I know that everyone says that about babies, but SERIOUSLY...Brynn is amazingly cute! I have to show my coworker every time you put up a new pic! =)
Post a Comment